Uber in Boston

Old Jul 7, 2016, 5:33 pm

Can I take Uber from Logan still?

I heard Uber is banned from Logan but I am also reading that people are still able to take Uber from Logan.
I hope someone will clarify. I wish to take a cab/Uber to an off-site Hertz rental in Revere, MA. Picking up the car in Revere will save me $200 vs picking it up at Logan.
Old Jul 7, 2016, 11:54 pm

Originally Posted by lavedder
I heard Uber is banned from Logan but I am also reading that people are still able to take Uber from Logan.
I hope someone will clarify. I wish to take a cab/Uber to an off-site Hertz rental in Revere, MA. Picking up the car in Revere will save me $200 vs picking it up at Logan.
Yes, you may, FROM Logan, but be warned that the availability is not good (only the licensed livery drivers can pick up, I think, though it is still the low-cost "UberX"). Also there are many surcharges.

You need to be picked up at the Limo area.
Old Jul 8, 2016, 1:54 pm

Programs: AA Million Miler, Mosaic, Delta Platinum
I wonder if one would have better luck taking the free shuttle bus to the Airport stop on the blue line. Could Uber do a pick up there?
Old Jul 8, 2016, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
Originally Posted by Yahtzee
I wonder if one would have better luck taking the free shuttle bus to the Airport stop on the blue line. Could Uber do a pick up there?
Or how about a pickup at the door of the Logan Airport Hilton?
Old Jul 8, 2016, 5:32 pm

Originally Posted by Yahtzee
That's a great idea and the shuttle buses run frequently.
I looked at the fare estimator and UberX is available whereas inside the airport only the higher priced UberBlack (livery drivers) are available.

I don't think shuttle buses run as frequently to the Hilton.
Old Jul 8, 2016, 5:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
I don't think shuttle buses run as frequently to the Hilton.
You do not need a shuttle for the Hilton - it sits in the middle of the airport and you can reach it via climate-controlled indoor skyways.

The Hyatt definitely needs a shuttle.

Last edited by Non-NonRev; Jul 8, 2016 at 6:00 pm
Old Jul 8, 2016, 6:10 pm

I just looked up the Uber fare calculator from Airport Hilton and there are surcharges because it is located inside the airport.
Old Jul 8, 2016, 6:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I just looked up the Uber fare calculator from Airport Hilton and there are surcharges because it is located inside the airport.
Another reason to use Uber less and less.
Old Jul 8, 2016, 9:28 pm

Correct.

Uber has always been available at Logan. In order to pick up at Logan, the driver has to have livery plates, and clearance from Logan Airport. All Uber Black drivers have this, and some UberX drivers do. The app will only show drivers that have this permission.

Personally, I have never had an issue finding a driver at Logan. There is now surge pricing at the airport so that will likely increase supply (and price). For years, the airport never had surge pricing on airport pickups, so when it was busy the drivers had incentive to leave the airport and go back to the downtown area and get a surge ride.
Old Jul 11, 2016, 6:18 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Non-NonRev
Another reason to use Uber less and less.
The Lyft fare was $20. I remember pricing taxis and the estimated base started at $30. So are you just against Uber? My experience with Lyft at 4:15am makes me wonder why would ANYONE would take a taxi in the early morning when the T isn't open?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.