Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Advice on flights Portland Maine to NYC

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2015, 9:58 am
Original Poster

Advice on flights Portland Maine to NYC

Hi everyone. This summer my wife and I will be dropping the kids at camp and flying from Portland to NYC on a Wednesday late afternoon. Looks like Jet Blue, United and Delta fly this route. We will be staying in mid town manhattan. What is the best airline/airport to use for ease and getting into midtown the easiest? An airline with first class available would be a secondary consideration (would be nice).

Let me know your thoughts!

Thanks!
Old Feb 23, 2015, 7:01 pm

Go JetBlue to JFK or Delta to LGA. United flies to EWR, which is more of a pain in the butt to get into NYC than the other two.

I'd take the cheaper option first, and if they're the same, LGA is closer to midtown (but I believe only JFK has a fixed taxi fare). JFK is easy using the AirTrain to the subway.

I'd probably choose DL (LGA) if I had enough luggage to warrant a taxi, or B6 (JFK) if I was traveling light enough to take public transportation.
Old Feb 24, 2015, 12:21 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by off2rome
Hi everyone. This summer my wife and I will be dropping the kids at camp and flying from Portland to NYC on a Wednesday late afternoon. Looks like Jet Blue, United and Delta fly this route. We will be staying in mid town manhattan. What is the best airline/airport to use for ease and getting into midtown the easiest? An airline with first class available would be a secondary consideration (would be nice).

Let me know your thoughts!

Thanks!
I think it's a toss up between Delta and Jetblue. If you're arriving at the heart of rush hour, it may be quicker for you to fly Jetblue into JFK and take the Airtrain to the LIRR (or E train) to get to midtown.

Which camp? Your kids will have a GREAT summer. ^
Old Mar 21, 2015, 5:09 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Analise
I think it's a toss up between Delta and Jetblue. If you're arriving at the heart of rush hour, it may be quicker for you to fly Jetblue into JFK and take the Airtrain to the LIRR (or E train) to get to midtown.

Which camp? Your kids will have a GREAT summer. ^
Thanks for the reply- we decided to go jet blue because we are could use Amex miles. Arriving on a Thursday mid day so hoping ride to midtown won't be too long?? Camp is Agawam.
Old Mar 22, 2015, 5:50 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by off2rome
Thanks for the reply- we decided to go jet blue because we are could use Amex miles. Arriving on a Thursday mid day so hoping ride to midtown won't be too long?? Camp is Agawam.
Agawam....sure I know it. In the 80s, I went to Fernwood maybe 20 minutes away?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.