Wiki Posts
Search

PreFlight parking over blizzard

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2015, 1:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, AS MVPG, Priority Club PLT, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton GLD
PreFlight parking over blizzard

I'm about to return home to a car buried under 2 feet of snow at PreFlight Logan - has anybody encountered this before? Will they help dig you out? I'm in a business suit and dress shoes, not exactly show shoveling attire.
Old Jan 29, 2015, 4:36 pm

They may help you, but for having mainly Bostonian clientele, they probably expect you to DIY.

Well, tooting my own horn, I have posted before why I am avoiding PreFlight at BOS:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/23760051-post8.html
Old Jan 29, 2015, 5:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Massachusetts, USA; AA Plat, DL GM and Flying Colonel; Bonvoy Platinum
I've dug my car out there, though not from two feet of the damn stuff. No assistance. I don't think they're staffed for that, though they might do a favor for a 90-year-old in a wheelchair.

The good news is that, wherever you drop the snow, it's their problem - not yours.
Old Jan 30, 2015, 6:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, AS MVPG, Priority Club PLT, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton GLD
Thumbs up

When I arrived, my car, and every car in the lot was 100% snow free. I have no idea how they accomplished this, but I was amazed. How did they clear that much snow off thousands of cars?
Old Jan 30, 2015, 7:35 am
Ambassador, New England

Programs: Amtrak, WN RR, Choice
Originally Posted by clanum
When I arrived, my car, and every car in the lot was 100% snow free. I have no idea how they accomplished this, but I was amazed. How did they clear that much snow off thousands of cars?
You don't want to know

Seriously, I don't know how, but they probably did that because if there was another big storm before you picked up the car, a car buried in snow COULD easily be mistaken as just a pile of snow and be ruined by snow removal equipment. Ounce of prevention worth a pound of cure, or something like that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.