Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > New England
Reload this Page >

Going to BOS via T: Alewife vs Wellington vs Wonderland?

Going to BOS via T: Alewife vs Wellington vs Wonderland?

Old Mar 2, 2015, 10:36 am

Originally Posted by octr202
Becoming way more familiar with the Orange Line than I would otherwise care to.
So contact your legislators to support the Green Line extension through Somerville and out to Medford (and maybe beyond), one more potential option to get into town (and one which was supposed to be FINISHED by 2011 when first proposed).
Old Mar 10, 2015, 9:26 am

Programs: B6, Amtrak, DL, AA, Marriott, Hilton
To update on the original question I had, I've asked two employees at the Station Landing garage. Overnight parking is permitted in both sections (the regular section, and the upper MBTA levels). I specifically asked about the rate for multi-day parking on the T levels, and was told it's just $5 per day.

I'll report back on what the actual experience is next week if I end up taking the trip (trip might be off at this point).
Old Mar 10, 2015, 9:50 am
Ambassador, New England

Programs: Amtrak, WN RR, Choice
Originally Posted by octr202
To update on the original question I had, I've asked two employees at the Station Landing garage. Overnight parking is permitted in both sections (the regular section, and the upper MBTA levels). I specifically asked about the rate for multi-day parking on the T levels, and was told it's just $5 per day.

I'll report back on what the actual experience is next week if I end up taking the trip (trip might be off at this point).
Wow, that's excellent if that's the case! I'd much prefer leaving my car overnight in the garage instead of the open air parking lot on the east side. Please do keep us posted!
Old Mar 18, 2015, 4:52 pm

Happy to report, post-trip, that the Station Landing garage at Wellington is in fact just $5 per day if you park in the MBTA levels (6-8). I was almost surprised when the cashier only asked for $25 when I got back.

There was also another car that I recognized as having been there since early last week (over a week at this point). I have no idea if there is any limit to how long you can park.

Only thing to remember if parking for a long stay - it's cash only. Be sure to bring money as there is only a no-name ATM there if you arrive w/o the cash to bail your car out.
Old Jul 5, 2016, 9:11 am

Programs: B6, HGP
Another question – from Wellington, what's the best way to get to Logan?
Orange -> Red -> SL1
Or
Orange -> Blue -> Logan shuttle
Old Jul 5, 2016, 2:25 pm

Location: Formerly Box 350, Boston Mass, Oh two one three four. Now near Beverly Hills 90210
Programs: Loyal Order of Water Buffalos
I'd go Orange to Blue myself, but I'm a traditionalist
Old Jul 5, 2016, 7:56 pm

Programs: DL GM 1MM, MR LT Titanium
Originally Posted by Out of my Element
I'd go Orange to Blue myself, but I'm a traditionalist
I would too. The less time on buses, the better, especially given the convoluted route the Silver Line takes around South Boston.
Old Jul 7, 2016, 9:41 am

Blue Line & Shuttle, definitely. If going to C or E, you also save trip time much of the day versus the Silver Line starting at A and working around.

Really the only annoyance now with the Massport shuttles is the excessive wait time inbound to the terminals at the rental car facility. At least when departing the terminals the buses go straight to drop off at the Blue Line.

For the State St connection, going to the Blue Line en route to the airport, sitting at the rear of the southbound Orange Line train will cut down on the long transfer walk. Going the other way (back to Wellington) fortunately the connecting passage is much shorter!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.