Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > New England
Reload this Page >

Rental Car Return at BOS

Rental Car Return at BOS

Old Sep 9, 2014, 6:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat, Bonvoy Plat, Amex Plat
Rental Car Return at BOS

Because of the enormous amount of stuff required to travel with two kids, I was planning to drop my wife, kids, car seats and all luggage at the terminal at Logan and then drive my rental to the return building. This would avoid us from having to haul everything from thr rental building onto the shuttle and then into the terminal (the inverse of which I'm sure was a spectacle for anyone people watching when we arrived last week).

I mentioned this to a staffer at my hotel and was told it would be very confusing to try and find my way out of and then back into the airport grounds to do this.

Seems pretty straight forward to me, but that comment now has me second guessing my decision. Anyone have any experience?

Last edited by dkauf; Sep 9, 2014 at 6:14 am
Old Sep 9, 2014, 9:22 am

Programs: AA Million Miler, Mosaic, Delta Platinum
Originally Posted by dkauf
Because of the enormous amount of stuff required to travel with two kids, I was planning to drop my wife, kids, car seats and all luggage at the terminal at Logan and then drive my rental to the return building. This would avoid us from having to haul everything from thr rental building onto the shuttle and then into the terminal (the inverse of which I'm sure was a spectacle for anyone people watching when we arrived last week).

I mentioned this to a staffer at my hotel and was told it would be very confusing to try and find my way out of and then back into the airport grounds to do this.

Seems pretty straight forward to me, but that comment now has me second guessing my decision. Anyone have any experience?
It might be a little tricky but not rocket science. Just build in some time for a wrong turn and a loop-to-loop.
Old Sep 9, 2014, 9:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
It is not so hard. At worst, you can just fall in behind a rental car shuttle bus as it travels the terminal loop and follow it back to the rental car center (although you'll stop at the T Blue Line station unnecessarily on the way).

Allow a bunch of time, though. About 30 minutes to fight your way back to the central rental car facility, drop the car off, and ride the shuttle back to the terminal. And that's not counting stop-and-fill-the-tank time if you don't get that done earlier.
Old Sep 9, 2014, 1:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Massachusetts, USA; AA Plat, DL GM and Flying Colonel; Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by dkauf
... and then back into the airport grounds to do this. ...
I wouldn't sweat that part. You'll be on a shuttle bus. The driver knows where to go.
Old Sep 9, 2014, 3:22 pm

Originally Posted by Yahtzee
It might be a little tricky but not rocket science. Just build in some time for a wrong turn and a loop-to-loop.
^

The roads at Logan are confusing to the inexperienced, but it's not that big a deal.

I think your plan is a good one, assuming your wife can handle checking-in.

Don't follow the rental bus too long, as it goes to a separate part of the rental car facility.
Old Sep 10, 2014, 9:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
Originally Posted by will2288
Don't follow the rental bus too long, as it goes to a separate part of the rental car facility.
Quite right -- but when OP approaches the (huge and obvious) rental car facility, there'll be a well-signed ramp for returning renters to take, while the bus continues to the forecourt to drop arrivals off.
Old Sep 10, 2014, 9:44 am

signage around Logan is surprisingly decent, just follow the signs and you should be okay.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.