Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > New England
Reload this Page >

Transfer between Terminals E and B at BOS?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Transfer between Terminals E and B at BOS?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20, 2014, 9:23 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Looks like I'm in luck. Flying SW and would like to use the AF lounge (via PP/LC). They are both in E according to massport.com. Is that accurate?
Old Dec 20, 2014, 9:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
Originally Posted by italdesign
Looks like I'm in luck. Flying SW and would like to use the AF lounge (via PP/LC). They are both in E according to massport.com. Is that accurate?
There are two sides to Terminal E, a domestic side and an international side. My guess is that you can't cross between the two and will not be able to access the AF lounge. Besides, if you're flying WN, you should enjoy the full WN experience, including an over crowded gate area with minimal amenities.
Old Dec 20, 2014, 1:36 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Blumie
There are two sides to Terminal E, a domestic side and an international side. My guess is that you can't cross between the two and will not be able to access the AF lounge.
And that is why I always ask here. You just never know...

Besides, if you're flying WN, you should enjoy the full WN experience, including an over crowded gate area with minimal amenities.
I prefer to mix and match to my advantage.
Old Dec 21, 2014, 10:35 am

There are two sides to Terminal E, a domestic side and an international side. My guess is that you can't cross between the two and will not be able to access the AF lounge. Besides, if you're flying WN, you should enjoy the full WN experience, including an over crowded gate area with minimal amenities.
Once airside, both sides of E are accessible. You could go past security at either of the two TSA checkpoints. The asker can access the AF lounge, assuming it is open.
Old Dec 21, 2014, 6:39 pm

Programs: B6, Amtrak, DL, AA, Marriott, Hilton
Even back when it was Terminal D (at least during the Airtran days), you could get over to terminal E inside security. That was certainly an asset as the old D area was horrible to wait in (no idea what it's like now).
Old Dec 21, 2014, 6:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by will2288
Once airside, both sides of E are accessible. You could go past security at either of the two TSA checkpoints. The asker can access the AF lounge, assuming it is open.
I stand corrected.
Old Dec 22, 2014, 5:50 am

Location: Formerly Box 350, Boston Mass, Oh two one three four. Now near Beverly Hills 90210
Programs: Loyal Order of Water Buffalos
Originally Posted by octr202
Even back when it was Terminal D (at least during the Airtran days), you could get over to terminal E inside security. That was certainly an asset as the old D area was horrible to wait in (no idea what it's like now).
Hey!

I used to run the gift shop in Terminal D.

OK, it *was* a terrible terminal.
Old Sep 26, 2019, 3:20 am

Programs: BAEC, MM, HH, MB
Hi all!

reviving the thread. I hope that is alright!

Today I am flying out of Boston for the first time from B (UA). Since my appointment probably ends early, I have three hours to kill and my thought was to use the AF Lounge in Terminal E.

Is it still the case that there is no airside connect between E and B?

As a side-question: Does anyone know if access to the terminal E is possible with a boarding pass for B?

Thanks a lot!

Stefan
Old Sep 26, 2019, 5:18 am

Location: Formerly Box 350, Boston Mass, Oh two one three four. Now near Beverly Hills 90210
They are physically separate buildings, no connection.

They say they are working on one, but it is at least many months away
Monty_GER likes this.
Old Sep 26, 2019, 6:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Out of my Element
They are physically separate buildings, no connection.

They say they are working on one, but it is at least many months away
They are not connected airside but, save for one street you need to cross outside, they are connected landside. You should be able to clear security at Terminal E with your Terminal B boarding pass, though in my experience the AF Lounge is not worth it.
Old Sep 27, 2019, 4:42 am

They are not connected airside but, save for one street you need to cross outside, they are connected landside. You should be able to clear security at Terminal E with your Terminal B boarding pass, though in my experience the AF Lounge is not worth it.
So like I said, they are separate buildings. One street or fourteen, it's not connected airside (nor landside) and you will need to go thru security again
Old Sep 27, 2019, 7:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Out of my Element
So like I said, they are separate buildings. One street or fourteen, it's not connected airside (nor landside) and you will need to go thru security again
Forgive me for providing additional detail.
Old Mar 14, 2020, 7:39 pm

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
BOS T-B to T-E transfer

Asking a question for a college student who is going home tomorrow, (PHL-BOS-HNL) on 2 PNRs. Unfortunately JetBlue has cancelled his PHL-BOS flight, and rebooked (but did not paid for his AA ticket) him on AA19 (arriving at Terminal B 7:23am). He has to catch HA89, departing at 09:10 Terminal E.
He has checked luggage. He knows time is limited, and is quite concerned.
Question is: Can he make it. What is the best way to go from T-B to T-E and how long will it take (by shuttle or walk). Any tips are welcome.

Thank you in advance.
Old Mar 14, 2020, 8:05 pm

Programs: DL GM 1MM, MR LT Titanium
First off, if they rebooked him but didn't pay for the ticket, what was the point of rebooking? Does he have a ticket that's valid for travel? As for your question, his best bet is to take the shuttle bus 11, 55, 66, or 88 from B to E. It's likely not all of those will be running--digital signs at the airport show which shuttles are running and how long it is until the next shuttle. 1 hour and 47 minutes is plenty of time to get the checked bag, take the shuttle over, and recheck it, as long as the first flight is on time. That whole process should take about an hour.

Also note AA & HA have an interlining agreement, so if this is one ticket, the AA folks in PHL should be able to check the bag all the way through.
Old Mar 15, 2020, 5:41 am

If his flight to Logan is on time and baggage is not slow he will make this just fine.

He could also walk from B to E in under 15 minutes, front door to front door, if his baggage has wheels or he gets a cart or can otherwise wrangle it
allset2travel likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.