Wiki Posts
Search

Best Pizza in Boston?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2014, 6:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PLT, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Amtrak, WN
Best Pizza in Boston?

After browsing the web for a bit, including the "Best Pizza" list on boston.com, I'm more confused than I was originally. I typically frequent Santarpio's when I'm in BOS, but I'd like to branch out a bit.

I'm considering paying a visit to Pizzaria Regina on my next visit. Is that worth visiting, or should I go elsewhere? Anyone have any other suggestions?
Old Aug 10, 2014, 8:38 pm

What kind of pizza do you like? If you're into something more New York style (thinner crust, gas oven) with some non-traditional options, Otto is awesome (although I maintain that the Portland location on Munjoy Hill is the best).
Old Aug 10, 2014, 11:53 pm

Programs: AA Million Miler, Mosaic, Delta Platinum
Originally Posted by brewdog11
I'm considering paying a visit to Pizzaria Regina on my next visit. Is that worth visiting?
Yes but lines can be long. I put it second to Santarpio's. My other preferreds are neighborhood places with no real seating (Armando's/Pinocchio's).

If you want something less traditional, can head to Emma's near Kendall Square in Cambridge.
Old Aug 11, 2014, 10:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
Originally Posted by brewdog11
After browsing the web for a bit, including the "Best Pizza" list on boston.com, I'm more confused than I was originally. I typically frequent Santarpio's when I'm in BOS, but I'd like to branch out a bit.

I'm considering paying a visit to Pizzaria Regina on my next visit. Is that worth visiting, or should I go elsewhere? Anyone have any other suggestions?
Yes, you should try Regina, but only their original North End location.
Santarpio's is my favorite, but many prefer Regina.
Old Aug 11, 2014, 1:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PLT, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Amtrak, WN
Originally Posted by PWMTrav
What kind of pizza do you like?
I can't say that I'm a sophisticated enough pizza eater to discern between regional styles, but I do like NY-style pizza a lot. Otto looks like it's a good place to go (especially with the reviews online), so I'll add that to my list.

I'm definitely going to try Regina now, too (and thanks for the tip about the North End location, Blumie, that's where I'll go). Since it looks like there's a big Regina-Santarpio's duel, I have to try the competition! It looks like I'll have time to visit two different pizza restaurants independently on my next trip, so this should work nicely.

Thanks for y'all's suggestions! I will report back once I've visited both of them in about a week.

If anyone has any more suggestions, please let me know!
Old Aug 11, 2014, 1:49 pm

More than you maybe ever wanted to know about styles of pizza:
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pizza..._United_States

Regina's, North End, gets my vote............but I now live among "heathens" (aka Brazilians, lol) who put ketchup on pizza. Have tried and liked the other 3 Yahtzee mentions.

Last edited by VidaNaPraia; Aug 11, 2014 at 1:54 pm
Old Aug 11, 2014, 1:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
This place in the North End, lunch only AFAIK:

http://www.cantinaitaliana.com
Old Aug 14, 2014, 8:23 am

Location: Formerly Box 350, Boston Mass, Oh two one three four. Now near Beverly Hills 90210
Programs: Loyal Order of Water Buffalos
And just for emphasis I'll repeat: Regina's in the North End is amazing

Regina's everywhere else is Mall Pizza. Do not be fooled.
Old Aug 14, 2014, 8:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
Originally Posted by Out of my Element
And just for emphasis I'll repeat: Regina's in the North End is amazing

Regina's everywhere else is Mall Pizza. Do not be fooled.
While I agree with you that the original North End location of Regina is the only real deal, I disagree with you that the other locations are just "mall pizza." They're pretty decent pizza and better than most alternatives. But still the only destination pizza is at the North End location.
Old Aug 14, 2014, 10:26 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

We love Ernesto's.
Old Sep 9, 2014, 3:52 pm

Originally Posted by Yahtzee
Yes but lines can be long. I put it second to Santarpio's. My other preferreds are neighborhood places with no real seating (Armando's/Pinocchio's).

If you want something less traditional, can head to Emma's near Kendall Square in Cambridge.
I'll back up that vote for Pinocchios (OP: in Harvard Sq, Cambridge, but close enough via Redline). One of the better Sicilian slices in the region, but also more standard style slices that are top notch too.
Old Sep 11, 2014, 11:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WWF, Appalachian Mountain Club
Don't tell anyone, but Benevento's on Salem St, a couple blocks from Regina, is in the top three pies I've ever had.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.