Wiki Posts
Search

Boston/Logan connection question

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2016, 2:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
Originally Posted by rommance_lover
My parents are arriving by EK at Terminal E and have a JetBlue connection to CLE (terminal C ). What would be best place to greet them once they clear customs? Is there a common place where luggage are re-checked after customs?
The walk from Terminal E to Terminal C is easy and all indoors except for crossing one street. If you can handle it, I'd take the luggage with you and recheck directly with JetBlue. It likely will be fine either way, but more likely if you hand off directly to JetBlue.
Old Jul 27, 2016, 5:36 am

Location: Formerly Box 350, Boston Mass, Oh two one three four. Now near Beverly Hills 90210
Programs: Loyal Order of Water Buffalos
No more street to cross, they've enclosed the walk from E to C!
Old Jul 27, 2016, 8:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Out of my Element
No more street to cross, they've enclosed the walk from E to C!
Ha! Good to know!
Old Sep 13, 2017, 11:07 pm

How many minutes should I allow to go from United Club (terminal B) to Terminal A (let's assume one of the satellite gates)? I have PRE. And I should walk, right?

Also, no issue clearing terminal B security with DL (A) boarding pass, right?
Old Sep 14, 2017, 5:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by evergrn
How many minutes should I allow to go from United Club (terminal B) to Terminal A (let's assume one of the satellite gates)? I have PRE. And I should walk, right?

Also, no issue clearing terminal B security with DL (A) boarding pass, right?
Twenty minutes should be sufficient. Were it me, I'd leave the lounge approximately an hour before flight time, which I think gives you a safe cushion. Others might be comfortable cutting it closer than that, especially if you don't feel the need to be among the first to board.

You should have no issue clearing security at B, but may have to talk your way past the non-TSA, contracted gatekeeper. TSA won't care.

Last edited by Blumie; Sep 14, 2017 at 7:02 am
Old Sep 14, 2017, 7:44 pm

Thanks a lot, Blumie!

I will be sure to leave an hour early. I should just walk outside along the road from B to A, right?
Old Sep 15, 2017, 1:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by evergrn
Thanks a lot, Blumie!

I will be sure to leave an hour early. I should just walk outside along the road from B to A, right?
Years ago you used to be able to walk outside on the sidewalk, though I'm not sure you can anymore. When you exit the United Club, turn right out of the club, the gate numbers will be descending. Just after you pass B15, bear right and exit the secured area. Do not go down to baggage claim, but instead go straight past all of the ticket counters. At the very end of the corridor, near the Starbucks, exit the terminal onto the sidewalk and turn left. You will be heading directly towards Terminal A. If you still are able to walk outside to Terminal A -- again, once upon a time this was possible, but for some reason I think it no longer is -- just follow the roadway, staying to the left as it curves around to Terminal A. But even if not, after exiting Terminal B, walk 100 feet and there will be an entrance to an escalator vestibule where you can take an escalator up towards Central Parking (the signage may indicate Terminal A as well, but I'm not sure). At the top of the escalator, take your first left which will take you to an escalator leading down to Terminal A.
Old Sep 15, 2017, 9:05 am

Programs: AA Million Miler, Mosaic, Delta Platinum
No, the way the road is configured, I don't think you can walk all the way to A without using the escalator route Blumie suggests.
Old Sep 15, 2017, 9:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Yahtzee
No, the way the road is configured, I don't think you can walk all the way to A without using the escalator route Blumie suggests.
Years (and years) ago there was a sidewalk connecting the two. But I think that was before Terminal A and the garages were rebuilt and before the skybridges.
Old Sep 15, 2017, 11:50 am

Originally Posted by Blumie
Years (and years) ago there was a sidewalk connecting the two. But I think that was before Terminal A and the garages were rebuilt and before the skybridges.
For when you needed to get to the Eastern terminal.
Yahtzee and octr202 like this.
Old Sep 15, 2017, 4:14 pm

Thanks a lot for the additional info, especially to Blumie for such detailed explanation!
Old Sep 15, 2017, 4:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Flying out on Delta, but want to use AA Club, what is a say cushion of time? Will be FC on DL with pre-check.

TIA
Old Sep 15, 2017, 6:58 pm

Depends on which AA club and the DL departure gate. I'd give myself at least 60 minutes to feel safe going from the pmUS club to the main part of A. Maybe 15 mins more if departing from the far A/satellite gates.
Old Sep 16, 2017, 12:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by wideman
For when you needed to get to the Eastern terminal.
Exactly. To catch the shuttle to LGA.

Originally Posted by PWMTrav
Depends on which AA club and the DL departure gate. I'd give myself at least 60 minutes to feel safe going from the pmUS club to the main part of A. Maybe 15 mins more if departing from the far A/satellite gates.
Whoa, when you say 60 minutes I assume you mean 60 minutes before departure time, not 60 minutes travel time. Walking from either of the AA clubs -- and I personally like the one near B30 better than the one near B4 (the "pmUS" club) -- and clearing precheck at Terminal A should take 20 minutes. To get to the remote A gates adds maybe 10 minutes. So as I noted upthread, I would leave the club 60 minutes before flight time. Those who prefer to walk on the plane just before the door closes could leave even later.
Old Sep 16, 2017, 9:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by PWMTrav
Originally Posted by Blumie
Exactly. To catch the shuttle to LGA.

Whoa, when you say 60 minutes I assume you mean 60 minutes before departure time, not 60 minutes travel time. Walking from either of the AA clubs -- and I personally like the one near B30 better than the one near B4 (the "pmUS" club) -- and clearing precheck at Terminal A should take 20 minutes. To get to the remote A gates adds maybe 10 minutes. So as I noted upthread, I would leave the club 60 minutes before flight time. Those who prefer to walk on the plane just before the door closes could leave even later.
Thank guys, not too sure why DL gate we will be departing from, will be driving down from Portland.ME wanted to give us at least 2 hours lead time at the airport. Has anyone been to the Priority pass lounges? any good?\

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.