Reload this Page >

Boston/Logan connection question

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Boston/Logan connection question

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11, 2015, 7:02 pm

Location: SEA, or BOS, or MUC, or other places (probably connecting). "Detroit, Michigan is in the Eastern time zone."
Programs: DL PM/1MM, AS 100K, NEXUS/GE, CLEAR, Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Gold
Now that WN has moved to A, no airline in E is participating in TSA Precheck. I wouldn't expect there to be any Pre lanes there for the foreseeable future.
Old Oct 14, 2015, 12:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
Originally Posted by LoganFlyer
But if you're looking for a lounge with decent food options that's a step up from the UA club, the AF lounge will certainly suffice for that.
I would not describe the AF lounge food as decent.
Old Oct 14, 2015, 2:01 pm

Programs: AA: EXP/5.2mm
Originally Posted by Blumie
But it's French!!
Old Oct 15, 2015, 8:43 am

Originally Posted by Blumie
Originally Posted by lhl12
But it's French!!
We've always skipped the lounges in BOS E entirely. I wasn't particularly impressed with the offerings at the CDG 2E AF business class lounge, and it's all down hill from there.

I've decided in the past year that (business class and domestic) lounges are overrated and are primarily the domain of bloggers and business travelers. The former because they need something to write about and tie to credit card pitches, and the latter because they need a seat, a place to put a laptop and reliable wifi. First class international lounges might be a different beast. For leisure travel, I haven't yet come across an airport where the terminal wasn't a better place to eat and drink.

Besides, if you're presumably in Terminal B to fly UA, you're better off going to Bonfire, Cisco (for a beer anyway), or any of the 3 Legal Sea Foods locations in the terminal.
Old Mar 30, 2016, 9:07 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Is terminal A connected to any other terminal airside? I am flying WN (which I believe is in A) and would like to use either PP lounge in E or AA/UA lounge in B. Thanks.
Old Mar 30, 2016, 11:49 am
Ambassador, New England

Programs: Amtrak, WN RR, Choice
There used to be an airside shuttle that connected A to C (I think), but AFAIK it is no longer operating.
Old Mar 30, 2016, 4:41 pm

Programs: DL GM 1MM, MR LT Titanium
That shuttle ended when UA combined into a single terminal. A is no longer connected airside to any other terminal.
Old Mar 30, 2016, 5:13 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Thanks for the info. Tis curse of the WN flyer. Same story @ SFO and LAX....

Shame, since BOS Admiral Club is one of the better ones in the countries. The lobster roll (for purchase) was as good as Legal's (to this Midwesterner's taste).
Old Mar 31, 2016, 11:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
Originally Posted by italdesign
Thanks for the info. Tis curse of the WN flyer. Same story @ SFO and LAX....

Shame, since BOS Admiral Club is one of the better ones in the countries. The lobster roll (for purchase) was as good as Legal's (to this Midwesterner's taste).
You can use your same-day WN boarding pass to access Terminal B, but you will of course have to reclear security at Terminal A. And it's an easy walk.
Old Jun 9, 2016, 12:37 pm

Not to hijack the thread, but on the same topic...

Is it possible to transfer from Terminal C (Cape Air) to Terminal B (Air Canada) in 40 minutes on separate tickets, carry on only? It sounds like a 5-10 minute walk and a quick security check. If it helps, I'm also a NEXUS member.
Old Jun 9, 2016, 2:17 pm
In memoriam

Programs: UA, US, AS, Marriott, Radisson, Hilton
Doing a gedanken-walk, it seems to be possible, NEXUS or no,
IF Cape Air operates on time, which is not to be assumed.
Old Jun 9, 2016, 7:59 pm

40 mins might be tight, but doable if you don't have any delays. The little B checkpoint (B1) where AC operates out of sometimes backs up. I believe they do have Precheck there - are you generally getting Pre on your BP when you use your known traveler number?
Old Jun 10, 2016, 5:59 am

Agree that it's tight but doable if incoming flight is right on time and you take the correct route to the AC portion of Term B. Terminal B has multiple entrances, and you need to use the entrance that is closest to Terminal A. Fastest way from Term C is probably on foot: exit Term C at ground (baggage claim) level, and turn left when exiting. Walk along the sidewalk until you reach the Terminal B area (maybe a 3-5 minute walk). Do not turn left to enter Terminal B; instead, keep walking until you see a crosswalk on your right -- then turn right, walk in a straight line across the street, through the garage, then across the street again, where you'll find the part of Terminal B where you want to be. Enter Terminal B, and turn right to reach the AC security checkpoint.
Old Jul 25, 2016, 2:04 pm

Programs: United Plat; Starwoods Platinum
My parents are arriving by EK at Terminal E and have a JetBlue connection to CLE (terminal C ). What would be best place to greet them once they clear customs? Is there a common place where luggage are re-checked after customs?
Old Jul 26, 2016, 11:53 am

Programs: AA Million Miler, Mosaic, Delta Platinum
Originally Posted by rommance_lover
My parents are arriving by EK at Terminal E and have a JetBlue connection to CLE (terminal C ). What would be best place to greet them once they clear customs? Is there a common place where luggage are re-checked after customs?
Everyone exits customs through the same door on the ground floor of Terminal E so I would just post up there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.