Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > New England
Reload this Page >

Green Monster Seats?

Green Monster Seats?

Old Nov 12, 2011, 11:33 am
Original Poster

Green Monster Seats?

DD went to a Sox game last year, and wants to go again this year.

She thinks she wants Green Monster seats this year...

When I purchased her tix last year, there were plenty of regular seats, and when DH went to a game a couple months later, he got his easily too.

I never paid attention to when/if ever Green Monster seats came up for sale.

Does anyone have any knowledge of when/if they go on sale? Are they only for groups?

Thanks

J.
Old Nov 12, 2011, 1:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta Platinum, HHonors Diamond, PC Platinum
Originally Posted by stan1162
Does anyone have any knowledge of when/if they go on sale? Are they only for groups?
I have seen random lotteries for Monster seats on redsox.com in mid-December and January. I think they were part of the Red Sox Christmas at Fenway last year, that is you entered a lottery for a chance to go to Fenway on a Saturday morning in December, then you had another smaller chance to buy the monster seats. I am pretty sure they are now offered in the usual online Red Sox ticketing site but can't imagine there are many available for purchase for individual single game tix.

I think your best bet is to sign up for the Red Sox email newsletter and watch that for announcements and try to be quick if an opening comes. Otherwise it is Stubhub or Ace Tickets.
Old Nov 12, 2011, 2:23 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Plat, Accor Plat+++
IIRC, they don't go in the general ticket sale anymore. You enter the sweepstakes to have a shot at buying tickets (no guarantee). They are the hottest tickets at the park of which they sell out every game. The tickets are now $165 - the highest in the park.

http://boston.redsox.mlb.com/bos/tic...ng_pricing.jsp

Green Monster standing room tickets are $35, so you can expect to pay $75-$100 probably through Ace Tickets or Stubhub. These tickets are quite good as the concession areas up there are not crowded, there is plenty of place to stand in the last row, or along the railing towards center field.

I have sat in a seat up there and had standing room, and the novelty is great, but you can not see anything in left field and the view to center is not great either. Of course in Fenway, a lot of seats having viewing issues.
Old Nov 12, 2011, 6:55 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the info!

Originally Posted by PWMFlyer19
IIRC, they don't go in the general ticket sale anymore. You enter the sweepstakes to have a shot at buying tickets (no guarantee). They are the hottest tickets at the park of which they sell out every game. The tickets are now $165 - the highest in the park.

http://boston.redsox.mlb.com/bos/tic...ng_pricing.jsp

Green Monster standing room tickets are $35, so you can expect to pay $75-$100 probably through Ace Tickets or Stubhub. These tickets are quite good as the concession areas up there are not crowded, there is plenty of place to stand in the last row, or along the railing towards center field.

I have sat in a seat up there and had standing room, and the novelty is great, but you can not see anything in left field and the view to center is not great either. Of course in Fenway, a lot of seats having viewing issues.

DD's tickets last year were down the first base line, about 10 rows back, great seats. I don't know why she thinks she wants Monster seats... Thanks for the information, will pass it along to her.

J.
Old Nov 12, 2011, 7:30 pm

Had standing room on the monster in 2004. Have to say it's an experience more than anything. Agreed that left field and much of center is an obstructed view.

If your daughter is just gonna go in for one game all season, then it might be worth it for the experience. But as mentioned, you're gonna pay heavily for getting actual seats up there.

For me, I'd rather just crap cheap seats in the bleachers, but I've also been to a couple hundred sox games so where I sit doesn't matter to me all that much.
Old Nov 14, 2011, 12:04 pm

Programs: united, american, alaska
They do a lottery around the beginning of the year. The actual sale is in late February. If you win the lottery, you can then buy tickets, but you need to log in pretty much as soon as the sale opens.

Alternatively, I am sure you can buy them on stubhub at an appropriately inflated price.

The standing room is a reasonably good deal. Doing the seats once is worth it, but pricey and, frankly, I prefer seats where I can see all the outfield action.
Old Nov 15, 2011, 9:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

In my email this morning, but it is pretty pricey.

http://boston.redsox.mlb.com/bos/com...nster_mash.jsp

MONSTER MASH SET FOR JULY 7 VS. YANKEES

Tickets to the Red Sox Foundation's 2012 Monster Mash are on sale now!

Watch the Red Sox take on the New York Yankees on Saturday, July 7, 2012, from atop the Green Monster at 100-year-old Fenway Park. Tickets to this charitable event include:
* Game tickets on the Green Monster
* Early entry to Fenway to watch batting practice for both teams (bring your glove and catch some homeruns!)
* Food and beverages included (including two (2) beer or wine tickets for those over 21)
* Special 2012 commemorative Monster Mash hat
* Pictures with and autographs from Red Sox Legends and Wally before the game
* The chance to take your pictures with the World Series Trophies on the Green Monster.

MVP Packages in Center Front Row Green Monster seats also include a Red Sox jersey autographed by a starting Red Sox player. Every year, tickets to this fan-favorite, all-inclusive event sell out fast. And because it's charitable fundraiser, a portion of your ticket purchase is tax deductible. Proceeds benefit the Red Sox Foundation's Red Sox Scholars and RBI inner city youth baseball and softball programs.
Old Dec 22, 2011, 8:35 am

Location: Formerly Box 350, Boston Mass, Oh two one three four. Now near Beverly Hills 90210
Programs: Loyal Order of Water Buffalos
Originally Posted by OB one
In my email this morning, but it is pretty pricey.

http://boston.redsox.mlb.com/bos/com...nster_mash.jsp

MONSTER MASH SET FOR JULY 7 VS. YANKEES

Tickets to the Red Sox Foundation's 2012 Monster Mash are on sale now!

Watch the Red Sox take on the New York Yankees on Saturday, July 7, 2012, from atop the Green Monster at 100-year-old Fenway Park. Tickets to this charitable event include:
* Game tickets on the Green Monster
* Early entry to Fenway to watch batting practice for both teams (bring your glove and catch some homeruns!)
* Food and beverages included (including two (2) beer or wine tickets for those over 21)
* Special 2012 commemorative Monster Mash hat
* Pictures with and autographs from Red Sox Legends and Wally before the game
* The chance to take your pictures with the World Series Trophies on the Green Monster.

MVP Packages in Center Front Row Green Monster seats also include a Red Sox jersey autographed by a starting Red Sox player. Every year, tickets to this fan-favorite, all-inclusive event sell out fast. And because it's charitable fundraiser, a portion of your ticket purchase is tax deductible. Proceeds benefit the Red Sox Foundation's Red Sox Scholars and RBI inner city youth baseball and softball programs.
It's a great charity, but pricey is a good word.

By the way, if you do get up there for BP and want to catch a ball, head more towards the middle sections (3-7) for your best chances. I thought right down the LF foul line would be best, but almost no balls get pulled there.
Old Jan 28, 2012, 8:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

RED SOX NEWS -- January 28, 2012
================================================== ==============

:: RED SOX TICKETS GO ON SALE TODAY AT 10 A.M. ET

This is your chance to make sure you're in for the historic 2012 season at Fenway Park!

The majority of Red Sox tickets for the 2012 season will go on sale beginning at 10 a.m. ET today, Saturday, January 28. Log on to redsox.com/tickets or call our automated phone line at 888-REDSOX6 to purchase.

Tickets for 71 Red Sox games will be on sale -- and a limited number of 2012 Sox Pax still remain. Tickets for Opening Day and all games with the New York Yankees, as well as seating on the Green Monster and Right Field Bud Deck will again be sold via random drawings. Registration for the drawings will begin on Wednesday, February 1.
Old Feb 1, 2012, 1:47 pm

Programs: AA EXP/2MM, HH Gold, MR Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by OB one
RED SOX NEWS -- January 28, 2012
================================================== ==============
Tickets for Opening Day and all games with the New York Yankees, as well as seating on the Green Monster and Right Field Bud Deck will again be sold via random drawings. Registration for the drawings will begin on Wednesday, February 1.
Open for entry today here:

http://boston.redsox.mlb.com/bos/tic...=17EO366J1U-27
Old Feb 10, 2012, 7:14 am

Anyone remember when they first built these and didn't know if people would like them so they priced them for $50 a piece on general sale? man those were the days....
Old Feb 10, 2012, 1:26 pm

Location: Formerly Box 350, Boston Mass, Oh two one three four. Now near Beverly Hills 90210
Originally Posted by bsaced
Anyone remember when they first built these and didn't know if people would like them so they priced them for $50 a piece on general sale? man those were the days....
"Yes" (2003) to your first question, and I'm pretty sure I paid $75 to sit up there the first season they had them.
Old Feb 15, 2012, 1:22 am

Originally Posted by Out of my Element
"Yes" (2003) to your first question, and I'm pretty sure I paid $75 to sit up there the first season they had them.
Sorry to hear you got overcharged. They were definitely sold for $50 a piece when they first came out.
Old Feb 15, 2012, 5:59 am

Originally Posted by bsaced
Sorry to hear you got overcharged. They were definitely sold for $50 a piece when they first came out.
B......s ripped me off!

Coulda sworn it was $75, but I can't find evidence to support that.
Old Feb 15, 2012, 9:03 pm

Programs: AA Million Miler, Mosaic, Delta Platinum
Won this year's lottery for purchase opportunity. Tix are 165/each. We'll see how it goes on Sat.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.