Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LH Lounge BOS

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18, 2011, 4:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: LHSen UA1K VAGold QFSilv HHon Diamond ShangrilaJade Radisson Gold SPG Gold Marriott Gold Hertz Presi
LH Lounge BOS

Hi Ill be travelling from Logan in the late summer - from the Continental terminal on a domestic ticket - does anyone know if it is posssible to transfer to Terminal E to use the LH lounge/(or AirFrance Lounge) and if so will I be allowed to clear security and use the LH lounge and then make my way back to my Contienetal flight in another terminal?
Many thanks
Old Jun 18, 2011, 5:08 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by cbourl
Hi Ill be travelling from Logan in the late summer - from the Continental terminal on a domestic ticket - does anyone know if it is posssible to transfer to Terminal E to use the LH lounge/(or AirFrance Lounge) and if so will I be allowed to clear security and use the LH lounge and then make my way back to my Contienetal flight in another terminal?
Many thanks
CO uses Terminal A. LH uses E.
Take a look at the map of the airport here:
http://www.massport.com/logan-airpor...tive-maps.html
Transferring between terminals is by bus. So you have to go through security again each time.
What you're asking is do-able upto a point - if you allow a lot of extra time.
Old Jun 18, 2011, 5:09 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
I'll move this to the very active New England (which covers BOS-related posts) forum so that those most familiar with the airport can add their experiences.

FlyinHawaiian, Co-Moderator
United Mileage Plus Forum
Old Jun 18, 2011, 5:36 am

Programs: GS, 3 MM, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by cbourl
Many thanks
The LH lounge is a windowless room with limited seating and uninspired decor. You would be much happier in the President's club in A terminal.
Old Jun 18, 2011, 5:42 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA GP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Lifetime Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by nigos
The LH lounge is a windowless room with limited seating and uninspired decor. You would be much happier in the President's club in A terminal.
+1
Old Jun 19, 2011, 10:08 pm

Programs: BA - Blue
Although the food offerings in the LH lounge are much better.

I'm not actually sure it's feasible, even if one had access to the lounge (not sure why that would be -- LH lounge is not on PP, and they don't have an 'open doors' policy I'm aware of. AF lounge is on PP, but no decent free food). Your boarding pass will clearly direct you to terminal A -- I think security/TSA will have plenty of raised eyebrows, and quite possibly legitimate concern if you state the reason for entering terminal E is just to use the lounge. Of course, I may be wrong on this one.

tb
Old Jun 20, 2011, 3:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: LHSen UA1K VAGold QFSilv HHon Diamond ShangrilaJade Radisson Gold SPG Gold Marriott Gold Hertz Presi
Thx all thought it may be nice to chk out the Senator lounge since its *G
So Ill stick to the Continental Prez Club on PPass (since US*G cant access US/UA/CO *G lounges on domestic sectors) and wont bother transiting between terminals All Im really interested in is a coffee and maybe an apple after a day of sight seeeing
Old Jun 20, 2011, 4:30 pm

The LH lounge in BOS is closed for renovation. LH customers who have checked in online (as I did 2 wks ago) find this out when they reach the lounge and find a sign directing them to the AF lounge, all the way at the complete other end of the terminal.

For the record, the food in the AF lounge, at least on that one visit, was better than the meager offerings that I found in the LH SEN lounge in BOS in 15 or 20 visits.

All moot for the OP, of course, as both lounges are airside.
Old Aug 1, 2011, 12:49 am

The answer is no. You would have no way of getting past security in Terminal E. There is also no practical reason for doing this even if it was possible. The walk or bus ride from Terminal E to A is rather long, and you would have no reliable way to know when you flight is leaving.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.