FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   New England (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/new-england-452/)
-   -   Resonable hotel near Hynes CC in Boston (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/new-england/1144161-resonable-hotel-near-hynes-cc-boston.html)

barnburner Nov 4, 2010 10:38 am

Resonable hotel near Hynes CC in Boston

I did a search and turned up nada...
Looking to be in Boston Aug 6-10th 2011 for an a conference my wife wants (needs if you ask her) to attend for grad school. Need any recommendations for reasonably priced hotels near this venue. She will be attending the conference by day and I should have some free time, so close to some attractions would be nice too. Seems like everything I found on hotels.com, priceline, ect were priced high and rated low.

tkey75 Nov 4, 2010 11:04 am

The Sheraton is attached to the Hynes, so that'd be the easiest. there's a Hilton right across the street from that. The Marriott and Westin are very close and there's several boutiques within walking distance. The Back Bay area is great for sightseeing

Unfortunately,priced high is what you're gonna get anywhere near the Hynes. Boston is an expensive hotel city. I wish I were kidding, but if you want to get the price out of the stratosphere, you're heading quite a bit out of town. If that's okay, we can offer some recommendations.

lo2e Nov 4, 2010 12:53 pm

It might be a bit early, but I would try bidding on Priceline in the Copley zone. No matter what quality level you bid for, you should be a rather simple walking distance to Hynes, or you can try the other downtown Boston zones and she could take the subway ('the T' as locals call it) to the Hynes.

More info on PL bidding at www.betterbidding.com

lo2e Nov 4, 2010 12:57 pm

Another option - Hotwire.com has a 2* property in the Back Bay/Copley area for $129 a night. I doubt next summer you'll find anything nearly that cheap.

cacic Nov 4, 2010 2:25 pm

The John Hancock Hotel and Conference Center is pricing out at $139 per night and it includes a continental breakfast over your dates. It is several blocks from the Hynes, but it is in the middle of Boston's Back Bay and if you are only using it for sleeping I think it is more than adequate, especially compared to the prices of the nearby hotels. You may want to consider booking and then checking deals as it gets closer to the summer. The rates at the hotels are related to whatever conventions are in town. The website is http://www.jhcenter.com

nancat7 Nov 5, 2010 9:48 am

Hotel Marlowe - Four Star

I was just playing around with your dates in August 2011 at Kayak and found that the Hotel Marlowe in Cambridge was pricing out at about $153 per night (for a four star hotel.) I have heard great things about this hotel and it is near alot of public transportation and cultural activities including the Boston Museum of Science.

When you click on the select button on kayak it refers you to Skoosh.com which I have just recently heard about but have not yet booked anything through them.

Maybe some other here have had some experience with Skoosh or Hotel Marlowe, but it sounds like a great deal to me! :)

barnburner Nov 6, 2010 6:46 pm

Thanks everyone. I secured The Sheraton which happens to be the host hotel. Got 5 nights for exactly the amount of SPG points that the tickets would have been - 40,000. The tickets are running around $200/each so this was a no brainer. ^

tkey75 Nov 8, 2010 10:07 am

Originally Posted by barnburner (Post 15089017)
Thanks everyone. I secured The Sheraton which happens to be the host hotel. Got 5 nights for exactly the amount of SPG points that the tickets would have been - 40,000. The tickets are running around $200/each so this was a no brainer. ^

Good deal. By staying in the Sheraton, you never have to go outside if you don't want to, though you should. It's a nice area.