Search

i-84 Eastbound delays in Hartford Oct 22 to 25

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21, 2010, 11:28 am
In Memoriam
Original Poster

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
i-84 Eastbound delays in Hartford Oct 22 to 25

BRIDGEPORT ---- The state Department of Transportation says that repair work on Interstate 84 in Hartford will result in major eastbound delays this weekend.

Between 9 p.m. Friday and 5 a.m. Monday, there will be eastbound lane closures. During nighttime hours, only one eastbound lane will be open, and during the day, two lanes will be open.

The DOT is recommending that motorists consider taking alternate routes.

Sounds like a good excuse to pull off in Cheshire and get a couple hot dogs at Blackies (always closed on Fridays)
Old Oct 21, 2010, 11:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Massachusetts, USA; AA Plat, DL GM and Flying Colonel; Bonvoy Platinum
I don't like that stretch of 84 even under the best conditions. When I used to drive from one side of Hartford to the other on a semi-regular basis, I always used to take 91 south to Meriden and then cross back on 691 (or, eastbound, take 691 to Meriden to 91 north) just to avoid it.

I hate to think what it will be like with this!

Thanks for the info, though!
Old Oct 21, 2010, 12:26 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Out of curiousity, is 84 east between I-91 and the Mass border affected?
Old Oct 21, 2010, 12:46 pm
In Memoriam
Original Poster

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
here's the full announcement.

Exit 43 is the left hand exit to Park Road, West Hartford Center

Exit 49 is the other side of Hartford, it's the exit just before the Juncture with 91, so the answer is no, 91 to Mass should not be affected.

Motorist Advisory (Expect Significant Delays) - Weekend Work on I-84 Eastbound in Hartford Beginning at 9 p.m. Friday, October 22 and continue until 5 a.m. Monday, October 25

The Connecticut Department of Transportation is announcing that weekend work on I-84 eastbound in the vicinity of Exit 43 to Exit 49 in Hartford is scheduled to begin at 9 p.m. Friday and continue until 5 a.m. Monday. The Broad Street and Sigourney Street ramps to I-84 east will be closed and I-84 east will be reduced to a single lane of travel during the overnight hours.

The lane closure schedule for I-84 eastbound is:

* Two lanes of travel available Friday 9 p.m. to midnight, Saturday 6 a.m. to 10 p.m., and Sunday 7 a.m. to 10 p.m.

* One lane of travel available Saturday 12 a.m. to 6 a.m. and 10 p.m. to 7 a.m. Sunday 10 p.m. to Monday 5 a.m

Motorists are urged to plan ahead and know alternate routes within Hartford as well as within the region since significant delays are expected.

Suggested Alternate Routes

84 East to X28 to I-691 east to X10 to I-91 North

84 East to Rt 72 east to Rt 9 South to X20N to I-91 North

84 East to X39A to Rt 9 South to I-91 North

Please slow down and be attentive in work zones. People and equipment are working immediately adjacent to live traffic, so please reduce your speed.
Old Oct 21, 2010, 12:52 pm

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, DL GM, Marriott Platinum
Thanks for the alert. Important to note that this does not conclude until 5am Monday. I often take that Broad Street onramp to east I-84 at 4:30am in order to make my 6am flight from BDL. I'll take an alternate route.
Old Oct 22, 2010, 6:57 pm

Thanks for posting.
Was thinking about going up to Westfarms this weekend. Not sure if we'd hit the problem area on 84 since we're coming from Blackie's territory (though we've never been, even though we pass by there for 16 yrs now... though always see the packed lot. The owner lives around the corner from us though, she's a very nice lady
Old Oct 23, 2010, 7:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WWF, Appalachian Mountain Club
Thanks, Cordelli. Traveling that corridor this weekend. Will avoid.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.