Wiki Posts
Search

Fall Foliage Drive to Lime Rock

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2010, 6:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: PA WorldPass Platinum, AA, DL, LH. GHA Black, SPG and HHonors Gold
Fall Foliage Drive to Lime Rock

The last day of summer and the first day of fall were an unbeatable combination in terms of weather and the first signs of beautiful fall foliage.

I drove up to Litchfield County for a few days (to work on my book in relative solitude at the Blackberry River Inn) and thoroughly enjoyed the drive.

A complete photo album and write-up of the drive is here but a few photos are below. The first photo is on the track at Lime Rock.

Old Sep 27, 2010, 11:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
I drove the Mass Pike between Boston and Worcester this weekend and noticed that there already are some beautiful colors along the route.
Old Sep 27, 2010, 3:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Just starting down here in the Hartford, CT area.

I drove through Northern Westchester County, NY yesterday afternoon and there was quite a bit of color (more than in Hartford).

Going to be in northern VT for Columbus Day weekend. Hopefully, it won't be past peak.
Old Sep 28, 2010, 5:12 am
Ambassador, New England

Programs: Amtrak, WN RR, Choice
It might be past peak by then, PresRDC. Northern Maine is about at peak right now, so another couple weeks could put it past. I hope I'm wrong, though!
Old Sep 28, 2010, 6:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Massachusetts, USA; AA Plat, DL GM and Flying Colonel; Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by lo2e
It might be past peak by then, PresRDC. Northern Maine is about at peak right now, so another couple weeks could put it past. I hope I'm wrong, though!
If you're driving up from the Hartford area, as a minimum you'll go through some peak foliage en route.
Old Sep 28, 2010, 7:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Efrem
If you're driving up from the Hartford area, as a minimum you'll go through some peak foliage en route.
Yeah, that's my thought too.
Old Sep 28, 2010, 7:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lo2e
Well, it should still be pretty nice.
Old Sep 28, 2010, 11:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WWF, Appalachian Mountain Club
Just finished a drive BOS-BTV a couple mins ago (what does sit say about me that I log right in to FT?).

Peak color in NH near Lebanon, past peak here in BTV. Of course I wish the weather was nicer. It's a beautiful drive any time of year.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.