Reload this Page >

BOS to Provincetown Ferry in 90 mins?

Old Jul 13, 2009, 1:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLTPRO, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist

Hi All -

I'm planning on arriving on the red-eye on UA at 7:09am and then catching the 8:30am ferry to Provincetown.

This will be a Friday morning and I won't have any checked bags.

Is this do-able? Is catching a cab from BOS the best way to do it?

Thanks!
Old Jul 13, 2009, 2:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
It's absolulely doable. A taxi will take 10 minutes. Public transportation will take 30 minutes or less.

Assuming that you're taking the Bay State Cruise Company ferry (I'm not even sure if there are others), here's their recommendations:

http://www.baystatecruisecompany.com/directions.html

If you arrive on time and are looking to save a little money, the Silver Line bus definitely is the way to go. If you take a taxi, make sure the driver takes the Ted Williams Tunnel to the South Boston exit; Boston cabbies love to take roundabout routes!
Old Jul 13, 2009, 2:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I just did a search and found that there is more than one Boston-Provincetown ferry. If you're taking the Boston Harbor Cruises ferry, here are their directions:

http://www.bostonharborcruises.com/Directions.aspx

A taxi will take about 15 minutes, and public transporation, again, about half an hour. For public transportation, catch the blue MassPort bus number 33 or 55 for the 5-minute ride to the Blue Line subway station. Then take the Blue Line "inbound" to the Aquarium stop (about a 10 minute ride once you're on the train), and BHC is right there.
Old Jul 14, 2009, 11:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLTPRO, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Thanks! I only found the Bay State option but now I see the Boston Harbor option may work out better from a timing standpoint.
Old Jul 14, 2009, 1:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by OskiBear
Thanks! I only found the Bay State option but now I see the Boston Harbor option may work out better from a timing standpoint.
Ok. Just know that door-to-door from Logan to either of these places is usually under 15 minutes by taxi and under 30 minutes by public transportation.
Old Aug 16, 2010, 11:16 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2MM
I'll be taking the ferry from Boston to Provincetown in mid-September after staying in Boston for a few days.

I'll be staying at either the Sheraton or Radisson near Copley Square. Is it more convenient to get to the pier for Bay State Ferry or Boston Harbor Cruises from that area?

Is the experience offered by either one of the 90-minute ferries that ply the route significantly better than the other?

Thanks!
Old Aug 17, 2010, 2:16 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime PLT
If you are cabbing it.. I guess Long Wharf (Boston Harbor Cruises) is closer but its not a huge difference.

Via Public Transit, go with with Boston Harbor Cruises.
That is also only one switch vis a public transportation (green line to blue line).

Going to Seaport for Bay State Cruises via public transportation will require taking the green line, one stop on the red line, then the silver line.
Old Aug 17, 2010, 6:42 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2MM
doctor15, thanks very much for the quick, succinct and very helpful response.

Cheers,

jiaotze
Old Aug 18, 2010, 11:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
Just to point out you can also fly to PVC from BOS on Cape Air, although the OP's 07:09 arrival is a bit to close for the 07:40 departure and the next one is 09:15 AM - might help somebody though.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.