Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cooperstown/Baseball Hall of Fame

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2010, 11:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA, AA, HH, MR
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9630/5.0.0.591 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

While technically not part of NE (but also not Mid-Atlantic)...apologies if the wrong forum.

My dad and I will be in Cooperstown Sat to visit the Hall. Driving from ALB, so let's assume arrive at 10am. I went thru Canton in about 2 hours. Any insight on how long to spend in Cooperstown? Any suggestions for one or two places to see Sat afternoon? Got a room in Utica, flying out of ALB Sun after lunch.

Thanks!
Old May 26, 2010, 1:38 pm

Programs: united, american, alaska
Originally Posted by tex1899
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9630/5.0.0.591 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

While technically not part of NE (but also not Mid-Atlantic)...apologies if the wrong forum.

My dad and I will be in Cooperstown Sat to visit the Hall. Driving from ALB, so let's assume arrive at 10am. I went thru Canton in about 2 hours. Any insight on how long to spend in Cooperstown? Any suggestions for one or two places to see Sat afternoon? Got a room in Utica, flying out of ALB Sun after lunch.

Thanks!
I consider NY State to be part of the mid-Atlantic, but will leave that up to the moderators.

I spent 6 hours at the Hall of Fame / Museum when I was there about 9 years ago. That included watching a lot of footage of great plays.

As for other things to do in the region, there are a couple of other museums near by (an art museum, some farm museum, historic hosues) and the Glimmerglass Opera, none of which I went to. Just strolling around the small town and seeing all of the baseball memorabilia for sale is fun if you're a big fan. Albany has a few points of interest itself (e.g. the capitol building and a Shaker site). It's also not far from Albany to Saratoga Springs, and the spa park there is worth a walk around.
Old May 26, 2010, 7:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA, AA, HH, MR
Thanks for the response.

I posted originally from my BB and when on the full site it lists NY as part of the mid-Atlantic.
Old May 28, 2010, 12:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta Platinum, HHonors Diamond, PC Platinum
There are several threads on Cooperstown in the mid Atlantic forum including this one http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mid-a...ht=cooperstown Depending on your interest in baseball, your visit could last from 2 - 6 hours. The town is worth walking around for an hour and have lunch and you could take a boat ride on the lake but that won't take a half day.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.