Community
Wiki Posts
Search

sox tickets

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2010, 12:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
Originally Posted by N830MH
It will be very extremely difficulties time to get the ticket to see Red Sox games. So unfortunately, there is nothing available for right now.... You can stay home to watch the TV.
In actual fact there are oodles of tickets available via brokerage services and on the street, as discussed above, as well as 2's and 3's via the official Red Sox website. Anybody who wants to go to Fenway, any game, any day, can do it.
Old May 26, 2010, 6:16 am

i am heading to Boston in June and the RS are home, so I think I'll try the scalp free zone. Does that really work well or do most people try to sell for scalper inflated prices and then towards game time, just run over to the scalp free zone to just dump the tickets? should I be waiting until just before game time to go to the SFZ? what is the best strategy to get a decent ticket at face using the SFZ?
Old May 26, 2010, 11:52 am

Programs: AA Million Miler, Mosaic, Delta Platinum
Originally Posted by uElliots
i am heading to Boston in June and the RS are home, so I think I'll try the scalp free zone. Does that really work well or do most people try to sell for scalper inflated prices and then towards game time, just run over to the scalp free zone to just dump the tickets? should I be waiting until just before game time to go to the SFZ? what is the best strategy to get a decent ticket at face using the SFZ?
If you want the SFZ, get their relatively early. It is brokered by a Red Sox employee - he confirms the tickets are valid - offers the first person in line the tickets at that price (and then goes down the line if that person doesn't want them for some reasong); buyer then goes straight into the stadium. So no negotiating strategy.

I've sold tickets there but not bought them. Rate of success probably depends on the weather and the team. Should always check at the main ticket office first - some tickets do go on sale day of game.
Old May 26, 2010, 4:50 pm

Programs: UA Plat, National Exec Elite
The problem with 3 seats is that the brokers don't usually sell in 3's. Four seats is a cinch, and two is even easier. Three, not so much.

If there are seats available on redsox.com right now for $52, most likely they are infield grandstand seats. As long as they are not marked obstructed view, these aren't bad seats at all. One problem I have with them however, is the actual seats are from 1934. If you are 6' or taller, you WILL be uncomfortable (I'm 6'3" and if I sit here, it has to be an aisle).

If I am only looking for two (or four) seats, then I don't buy in advance. People who are trying to sell on craigslist or ebay get a little frightened at about T-72 hours, so between 1-5 days before the game is the best time to buy, IMO.

Barring some awesome deal, I would never buy from stubhub or the like. Tickets are much more expensive to begin with, and they add fees totaling $15 or more per ticket.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.