Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > National | Emerald Club
Reload this Page >

1 2 Free 2012 Registration Now Open! (8/20/12-1/31/13 Earn - 9/10/12-6/16/13 Use)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

1 2 Free 2012 Registration Now Open! (8/20/12-1/31/13 Earn - 9/10/12-6/16/13 Use)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2012, 5:55 pm
Original Poster

1 2 Free 2012 Registration Now Open!

I got my confirmation email within minutes! About time!

If anyone would like to use my referral that can earn me a free day PM me

T&Cs
Terms & Conditions
One Free Rental Day will be awarded for every two qualifying rentals made after the date on which the member has registered and which occur between August 20, 2012, and January 31, 2013. Credit will not be given for rentals made prior to a member's registration date. A qualifying rental is the paid rental, via the Emerald ClubŪ, of a Midsize or larger vehicle at participating National Car Rental locations in the 50 United States, including the District of Columbia, for a period of two or more consecutive days during the promotion.

Earned Free Rental Day fulfillment will begin on September 10, 2012, (solely by email to the email address provided at the time of registration) and thereafter will occur within 1–2 weeks after the second qualifying rental. To redeem a Free Rental Day, visit emeraldclubpromos.com/12Free/2012 to view your free day certificates, click redeem and then rent a Compact through Fullsize car starting after September 10, 2012, and before June 16, 2013. To take advantage of this offer, make a reservation at least 24 hours in advance. No more than three Free Rental Days may be redeemed toward one rental of three or more days. Unfortunately, we cannot combine this offer with any other discount and cannot apply the offer to a previous or existing reservation. All standard rental qualifications apply. Be aware that taxes, surcharges, recovery and recoupment fees and other charges may apply, and that optional products and services (such as damage waiver and additional driver fees) are extra charges. Please check your auto insurance policy and/or credit card agreement for rental vehicle coverage. The availability of this offer is limited to participating U.S. locations and is subject to change without notice. Blackout dates may also apply. We cannot accept the coupon if it has been purchased, bartered or sold for cash.

Referrers of friends and colleagues through our email form and social media links will earn a maximum of ten Free Rental Days, regardless of how many friends and colleagues enroll. In order to receive credit, referred friends and colleagues must use the email address provided by the referring party at time of enrollment and conduct a rental by January 31, 2013.

To be eligible for the complimentary credit toward a Free Rental Day, you must electively opt in to receive emails from National. Offer expires January 31, 2013, and is valid for new opt–ins only.

Last edited by peteropny; Sep 1, 2012 at 11:46 am Reason: added T&Cs
Old Aug 15, 2012, 6:14 pm

good find!
Old Aug 15, 2012, 6:17 pm

Originally Posted by fyaric
1 2 Free 2012 Registration Now Open!

I got my confirmation email within minutes! About time!
Same here. Awesome news.
Old Aug 15, 2012, 6:21 pm

Programs: Hertz PC, National Exec Elite, HHonors Gold
Shame it doesn't start till the 20th. Was hoping to get started this weekend.
Old Aug 15, 2012, 6:53 pm

They apparently have the same type of referral bonus as last year- if you refer someone who rents, get a free day. There is not yet a mention of the max number of such bonus days.

They seem to have reduced the redemption period from the last week in June, typically around the 24th, to the 15th. I guess too many people redeemed for expensive one-ways in the first week of the summer peak (right after k-12 students get out).
Old Aug 15, 2012, 9:09 pm

If your rental starts before the 20th but ends after the 20th, will it count?
Old Aug 16, 2012, 8:59 am

Programs: AirTran A+ Elite, Marriott Rewards Plat, Rapid Rewards A List, National Exec, USAir Div Mil
I'm unclear if existing reservations for rentals beginning after August 20th qualify, or if I have to cancel those reservations and re-book. Any insight?

Thanks!
Old Aug 16, 2012, 10:18 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Auto Enthusiast
They apparently have the same type of referral bonus as last year- if you refer someone who rents, get a free day. There is not yet a mention of the max number of such bonus days.
Max is 10 see terms & conditions
Old Aug 16, 2012, 1:52 pm

So; doesnt apply to Canada? How lame!
Old Aug 16, 2012, 3:14 pm

Programs: Anything CC gives me
Anybody need referral for National enrollment PM me!
Old Aug 16, 2012, 3:46 pm

Originally Posted by hearna
So; doesnt apply to Canada? How lame!
It says Canada

Terms & Conditions

One Free Rental Day will be awarded for every two qualifying rentals made after the date on which the member has registered and which occur between August 20, 2012, and January 31, 2013. Credit will not be given for rentals made prior to a member's registration date. A qualifying rental is the paid rental, via the Emerald ClubŪ, of a Midsize or larger vehicle at participating National Car Rental locations in Canada and the 50 United States, including the District of Columbia, for a period of two or more consecutive days during the promotion.
Old Aug 16, 2012, 6:10 pm

Originally Posted by powermax
It says Canada

Terms & Conditions

One Free Rental Day will be awarded for every two qualifying rentals made after the date on which the member has registered and which occur between August 20, 2012, and January 31, 2013. Credit will not be given for rentals made prior to a member's registration date. A qualifying rental is the paid rental, via the Emerald ClubŪ, of a Midsize or larger vehicle at participating National Car Rental locations in Canada and the 50 United States, including the District of Columbia, for a period of two or more consecutive days during the promotion.
When you try and sign up it says it has detected a Canadian resident and to try rent rent reward instead

https://www.emeraldclubpromos.com/rentrentreward11/
Old Aug 16, 2012, 6:17 pm

Originally Posted by hearna
When you try and sign up it says it has detected a Canadian resident and to try rent rent reward instead

https://www.emeraldclubpromos.com/rentrentreward11/
I'm a Canadian resident and I successfully signed up. I had to try twice the second time it worked. I just went to the registration page and went back and it allowed me to sign up. The rentrentreward is exactly the same thing.

Last edited by powermax; Aug 16, 2012 at 6:26 pm
Old Aug 16, 2012, 6:22 pm

Has anyone successfully used a 1-2 Free bonus day to rent one-way to/from a NYC airport to/from Canada? It seems like if the National system quotes a paid price, it should be possible. Right?
Old Aug 16, 2012, 6:34 pm

Programs: United 1K, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by DoctorK
I'm unclear if existing reservations for rentals beginning after August 20th qualify, or if I have to cancel those reservations and re-book. Any insight?

Thanks!
See Powermax's T&Cs below...rentals made prior to registration date will not be given credit. Being I don't know when I was really "pre-registered," I just rebooked my future reservations and cancelled the old ones.

Originally Posted by powermax
It says Canada

Terms & Conditions

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.