Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > National | Emerald Club
Reload this Page >

2012 Infiniti G37X Sedan Ride Report/Review

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2012, 8:35 pm
Original Poster

It's actually been awhile since I've driven an Infiniti G37; forgot how much of a rocket it is. Sporty, fun rental. This particular rental vehicle was pretty well optioned.

http://carrentingreviews.com/2012/04...national-gxar/

PROS:

- 328hp engine, 7-speed transmission, excellent brakes, nimble handling
- Very comfortable steering wheel
- Well bolstered seats
- Nicely weighted steering feel

CONS:

- Steering wheel could benefit from improved button layout
- Requires premium gas
- Uninspiring upgraded Bose audio package, some USB issues
- Cramped passenger room, small-ish trunk

CONCLUSION: Excellent sports sedan rental, especially for one to two persons.
Old Apr 12, 2012, 9:55 pm

Programs: Southwest AList, National EC Exec, Avis Preferred Plus, Hertz 5S
Sounds like a fun car to zip around in!

I'm in a Genesis right now, and would love to try a G37 for comparison.

The Genesis really does have an Asian Luxury Brand feel to it, and those headlight accents are real head-turners. But, after driving a couple of Sonata generations, my experience is a still little dampened by the brand stigma.

How are the seats in the G37? I find my self sliding into the door or the console quite a bit in the Genesis.

Definitely loving these 300+ hp rentals.
Old Apr 12, 2012, 10:14 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Jack Wang
Sounds like a fun car to zip around in!

I'm in a Genesis right now, and would love to try a G37 for comparison.

The Genesis really does have an Asian Luxury Brand feel to it, and those headlight accents are real head-turners. But, after driving a couple of Sonata generations, my experience is a still little dampened by the brand stigma.

How are the seats in the G37? I find my self sliding into the door or the console quite a bit in the Genesis.

Definitely loving these 300+ hp rentals.
The 2012 Genesis offers comparable straight-line acceleration to the G37X as well as a roomier interior (especially for rear passengers), but the steering and handling aren't as crisp as the G37's. And yes, the G37 has much better seats with side bolstering that keeps you in place.

The engine sound on the Infiniti's 3.7L is marvelous.

Heck, I'd prefer the G37 to the 2011 BMW 328i.
Old Apr 12, 2012, 10:16 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by drzoidberg

Heck, I'd prefer the G37 to the 2011 BMW 328i.
335 would be a fairer comparison but i assume you'd still prefer the G.
Old Apr 12, 2012, 10:17 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jmw2323
335 would be a fairer comparison but i assume you'd still prefer the G.
Yes, but National doesn't carry the 335s as far as I know.

I'm hoping National gets the 2012 BMW 3-series soon though.
Old Jan 21, 2013, 10:38 am

I had a G37x from Hertz recently. Its a really great car to drive. I wish I had that car back home for the Autobahn.

But yes, the rear passanger space and trunk ist quite small - we booked a Luxury and a Fullsize and ironically the Camry was bigger than the Infinity.

Also the the USB function was a bit odd, had some playback issue and wouldn't sort by name but rather arbirary by file creation order (fatsort helps though).

What I found rather puzzling was that appearently there was no bluetooth connection possibility, but it did have the 'accept call' button on the steering wheel.
Old Jan 21, 2013, 11:47 am
Moderator: National Car

Programs: Delta PM, National EE, Hertz PC, Hilton DM
There is bluetooth; when I had a 2012, I had to use the (very clunky) voice command setup for the bluetooth pairing. The Nissan/Infiniti bluetooth interface is one of the worst in the business, IMO.
Old Jan 21, 2013, 10:51 pm

That is weird, I was looking in the manual and it was hinting to the info system - but there was no entry there. Also if i recall correctly the models without navigation system only have bt handsfree phone, no bt audio streaming .

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.