Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > National | Emerald Club
Reload this Page >

Cancel Free Rental Day Reservation - Coupon Still Good?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2009, 7:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA 2.2MM LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott/SPG Platinum

Do the free rental day coupons become invalid after you book them, or after you actually complete the reservation?

I earned three rental days with the One Two Free promotion. I've used one and have reservations using the other two. But I'm contemplating using one of the reservations for a different trip instead. If I cancel one of my reservations, can I use that free rental day coupon on a different reservation, or is it already marked as used now that I've put it on a reservation?
Old May 9, 2009, 9:46 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by MichaelColey
If I cancel one of my reservations, can I use that free rental day coupon on a different reservation, or is it already marked as used now that I've put it on a reservation?
Yes you can use it on a different reservation once you've cancelled the one that you had reserved with the "coupon(s)".
Old May 9, 2009, 11:35 pm

Location: LAX-- But I'd rather be on Brokeback Mountain. United 1K! Other
Programs: RCC,HHonors Diamond,HGVC Elite,SPG Plat,Hyatt Diamond,Nat'l Emerald Exec Elite, Disney Premier Pass
I just had a similar experience. I had one coupon code left for a free rental day which I reserved for a car last Friday at SFO. It turns out that I had to cancel, so I was concerned about my coupon.

But I just tried to make another reservation, entering the same coupon code, and it worked just fine. Just don't forget to cancel the original reservation!

^
Old May 10, 2009, 1:48 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Priority Club, National Exec Elite, Hertz #1 Gold, Avis First, Thrifty Bluechip
IME if you try to book another reservation using that coupon code while it is in place on an existing reservation, you'll get an error message saying the coupon has already been redeemed. Sometimes this error code comes up when just trying to change an existing reservation; gave me a heart attack the first time. The easy work around is to just cancel the problem res and re-book it with the changes you wanted in place. Sure it'll cost the location another few bucks in commission money, but serves them right if they're going to run a glitchy system

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.