Cars at MDW

Old Jul 19, 2013, 8:34 am

New RCC is nice if a bit another annoying to get to as the shuttles get packed at prime time.

EA/ES is right off the elevator on the 2nd floor with friendly station manager greeting everyone. Slim pickings around Thursday around 4pm:

EA had 3 Altimas (pick your color), and an Impala.
ES also had a few Altimas and another car

I mentioned to the manager the slim pickings, she told me she had cars being washed now and asked what I wanted. I asked for a small SUV and she promptly brought a Mazda CX9 into ES, when I was only EA, for me to take.

The CX9 has just over 10K miles with OH plates and is the Touring model with leather power seats, backup camera and sensor, and blind spot monitoring system.

Great customer service at MDW.
Old Jul 22, 2013, 7:17 am
Moderator: National Car

Programs: Delta PM, National EE, Hertz PC, Hilton DM
I stopped by Friday evening to do a vehicle exchange. Can't wait to see how many renters start trading bumper paint with the walls - not a fan of the new RCC at all.

ES had several Malibus and an Equinox.
EA had exactly the same as ES, plus a few Nissan Rogues. Also spotted a Sonata Hybrid.
"VIP" had a 200 convertible, Cadillac ATS (2.0T), Suburban, Camaro, Ford Explorer (base) and a Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited.
Old Feb 19, 2014, 10:43 pm

Anyone been to MDW lately? Have their been any trucks in any of the rental lots?
Old May 9, 2014, 2:36 am

Programs: BW Platinum Elite, Hilton HHonors Gold, Hertz #1 Club Gold, National Car Exec, Delta AmEx Platinum,
Question

Flying into MDW for a week-long rental over Memorial Day weekend... any recent observations / tips?
Old Jun 4, 2014, 2:10 pm

Programs: DL Silver, AS MVP, UA Silver, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by jclong
Flying into MDW for a week-long rental over Memorial Day weekend... any recent observations / tips?
What did you see when you arrived (understanding a holiday weekend might not be the norm)? I'll be flying in the evening of 6/15 and was wondering what's been on ES here lately and if I need to upgrade to a PCAR res.
Old Aug 25, 2014, 12:11 am

Programs: UA Plat, Hertz PC, National EE, Hilton Diamond
First time renting from National after years of exclusively renting from Hertz, and getting a status match.
ES had a rather nice variety, around 22:30 CDT last (Saturday) night:

- Multiple typical FCARS (Altima, Malibu, Mazda6, Fusion Titanium)
- 3 full-size pickups (RAM, Chevy 1500, F-150)
- Various SUV's (Mazda CX5, Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited/ Cherokee/Patriot, Hyundai Santa Fe)
- Couple minivans, forgot the models

Not sure about the EA.

I went with a 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited, red in color, 12k miles, Ohio tags, and was in fantastic shape. Truly a night and day difference from the way I've been treated at Hertz MDW. The staff I encountered were an absolute pleasure to work with, seemed fairly accomodating, etc.
Old Feb 5, 2015, 11:27 pm

Programs: Hertz PC, National EE, Hyatt Platinum
Anyone been to this location recently? Wondering what to expect in ES on a Thursday a few weeks away.
Old Feb 6, 2015, 8:01 am

Programs: DL Silver, AS MVP, UA Silver, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, National Exec Elite
Last time I was there, ES entirely FCARs, mostly Chargers with a few Altimas... I asked if anything better was available (fishing for a GC Limited) and they pulled around a fairly nice Fusion Titanium for me.
Old Feb 8, 2015, 12:35 pm

Picked up 2/2/15..... ES aisle limited overall.....took a Jeep Compass.....POS!
Old Feb 22, 2015, 10:49 pm

Picked up yesterday at 6:00 am.
ES had three cars:
-GMC Yukon XL (I took, needed the passenger space)
-Dodge Durango
-Chevy Camaro Convertible (wish I could've taken)

Upon return today, ES had a ton of variety (too much to list it all)
-Rams + Silverados
-A Sienna or two
-Multiple Chrysler 300s
-Two Chevy Tahoes
-Multiple typical FCARS

Will be back again next week, so I'll follow up then.
Old Mar 14, 2015, 5:51 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Marriot Titanium, AA Platinum, National Emerald Club Executive
Camaro Convertible

Came into MDW Thursday evening. Went straight to the second floor to find a convertible Camaro waiting there in executive. It was just in time for the warmer weather in the area over the weekend. It had about 10k miles on it, drove great, but I'm pretty sure if was only a six under the hood.

I didn't have any problems, even with taking it one way to DSM.
Old Mar 28, 2015, 11:03 pm

Programs: SW-A list preferred , Alaska -MVP Gold , Marriott - Platinum , HHonors - Diamond , Hyatt - Diamond
I have an upcoming reservation next Thursday... Any idea which is the best car to pick up from EA?
Old Jul 13, 2015, 9:49 am

Picked up from Midway on 7/10/15.
Didn't get a look at EA, but ES was all of the typical FCAR offerings with the addition of a Buick Encore and a Jeep Compass. I was lucky to grab a Fusion Titanium.
Upon return today, ES was slightly better stocked with a few small SUVs and at least one minivan.
Old Nov 12, 2015, 8:34 am

Picked up Friday, November 6th, late evening.
ES:
Packed with Hyundai SUVs
Impala Limited
Impala LTZ
Jeep Compass
Malibus
Dodge Challenger
Chevy Camaro
Ford Mustang (Bright Red, Soft top) - Which I took

EA, Notable were:
VW Beetle
Jeep Renegade
Ford Escape Titanium

A Suburban LTZ and GMC Yukon XL were available for $50/day upgrade.

As always, the staff were great! As we were standing around trying to decided if we could fit everything into one of the sports cars, we were approached and asked if there was anything specific they could pull around for us. One of my favorite National operations for sure!

Last edited by ArchStudent; Nov 12, 2015 at 8:41 am
Old Jan 18, 2016, 7:52 pm

Programs: Globalist, Marriott Plat, various sundry
Just finished up a rental at MDW. When I arrived on Friday, I remember the following in ES:

Jeep Compass (2+)
Jeep Patriot (2+)
Hyundai Santa Fe
Impala (2+)
Lacrosse
Altima S (2+)
Altima 3.5 SL (took)

The Altima S has been rightfully derided on this forum, but I was pleasantly surprised by the 3.5SL - especially since it's also an FCAR! While it's not a perfect car by any means (I don't like the navigation system and the steering is far too touchy), it's almost definitely my favorite FCAR (especially when it's less than 10 degrees like it was today!)

Only issue I had was that no one was walking around at MDW like I'm used to. But on return the people were very personable. Like the poster above said, it's a great station and one of my favorites.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.