Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at CVG

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2009, 9:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat Pto, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Cars at CVG

This seems to be one of the few aisles we don't have any observations. I have a rental coming up next week and am curious if anyone has any inventory information.
Old Apr 17, 2009, 11:12 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Oops - I knew I forgot to post something

CVG is my "home" airport and I will occasionally rent when I don't want to leave my personal car at the airport since I refuse to use cabs locally (several bad experiences) and car service is rather expensive.

Its been a while (last Sept was the last time), so my information isn't recent but I will attempt to give some indication.

The shuttle driver told me that mid-week, this location is often sold out so if you arrive late on a weeknight, you're likely to get some really great upgrades in ES.

They do usually try to put "upgraded" cars in ES - in the last year or so I've gotten a Cadillac DTS, 2 Volvo S60s, last time in Sept was a Nissan Altima (brand new). I've also seen Impala SS and loaded Malibus in ES.

EA is more "generic", base Impalas, Malibus, Mitsubishi Galant.

I'm picking a car up from this location on Wed and will post my observations.
Old Apr 22, 2009, 7:16 pm

Ok - picked up tonight:

Very little difference between EA & ES tonight:

Basic Camrys, Malibus, Kia Amatis - ES had a Chevy Equinox & Toyota Avalon that I took.

This was 6PM - who knows what would happen later since the entire lot was very bare.
Old Apr 22, 2009, 8:53 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Priority Club, National Exec Elite, Hertz #1 Gold, Avis First, Thrifty Bluechip
Originally Posted by peteropny
ES had a Chevy Equinox & Toyota Avalon that I took.
Two executive cars at once! And I thought I was the ES-obsessed one.
Old Apr 27, 2009, 7:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat Pto, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist
My experience this weekend was less than thrilling as well. ES consisted of 2 Altimas and a Mazda M6 (my pick) and a few minivans. EA had another Altima and unremarkable filler.

On a non-inventory note, gas stations are not found near the rental lots with the exception of one ripoff place (35 cents over market) hidden down the street.
Old Jun 24, 2009, 4:42 pm

Picked up tonight around 530 PM - entire lot was really bare - there was a car carrier delivering Subaru Imprezzas - over by the office in the "special" area was 3-4 Town Cars - Hummer H2 - Volvo C30 - EA was unremarkable and forgettable - ES was 4 Camrys, 2 Altimas, 1 Malibu (that I took with 820 miles on it).
Old Oct 4, 2010, 9:50 am

Programs: AA-Plt, UA-1P, PC Plt, National ECEE
Just returned this morning after a Sat morning pickup:

EA: Rows lined 3 cars deep of Malibus, HHR's; and a couple Kias, Chargers, Impalas. One Ford Fusion.

ES: Packed with Impalas, a couple Chargers, and one Chrysler 300 (buried 3 cars deep)

Since I was redeeming some 1-2-Free days and the max limit is a FCAR, I grabbed a Malibu.
Old Jul 18, 2011, 9:20 pm

Programs: AA Plat, DL Silver, Hyatt Diamond, National EE
Came in today. ES had a Jeep Liberty 4x4, Buick Lacrosse, Grand Marq, I took a Cadillac STS with Nav. Pretty sweet. They were overloaded with EA and ES reservations, slim inventory. But were replenishing. EA had some HHR's and other stuff, I didn't pay much attention.
Old Jul 15, 2012, 11:38 am

Programs: AC*G; BD*G; CX; SPG Plat; Hyatt Diam
Picked up a few Saturdays ago around 5pm, ES and EA filled with Cruzes, Malibu, a couple of 300M, Maxima, Camry, Cameros.
Old Jul 15, 2012, 11:51 am

300m!?! ;-). How many miles? 3 million or so? Haha
Old Oct 1, 2012, 2:32 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond.
Visited recently. EA/ES were both pretty barren... a couple mid-size SUV's and a lot of Dodge sedans. I'll be renting again for a week in November and will update on selection.
Old Oct 1, 2012, 9:31 pm

Originally Posted by DutchRyan
Visited recently. EA/ES were both pretty barren... a couple mid-size SUV's and a lot of Dodge sedans. I'll be renting again for a week in November and will update on selection.
Thank you and welcome to Flyertalk and our National corner.
Old Nov 20, 2012, 1:37 pm

Programs: UA Gold MM, AA EXP, Delta Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HHonors Diamond, Natl EE, Hertz Platinum
Any recent updates from CVG?
Old Nov 23, 2012, 7:08 pm

Location: various cities in the USofA: NYC, BWI, IAH, ORD, CVG, NYC
Programs: Former UA 1K, National Exec. Elite
Originally Posted by JohnnyP
Any recent updates from CVG?
There were 2 Camaro convertibles in the ES about 6 weeks ago (wet and cold weekend). Being crazy, I took one with ~400miles on the ODO. The battery was dead (did not charge) and the display brightness was stuck at maximum (very annoying at night), so I had to return the car. The replacement was the far sportier Avalon.

A week later the ES/EA was filled with Impalas and not much else. I paid extra to get a CTS, which had no XM/Sirius (despite the fact that it was < 3 months old and came with a "standard" 3 month subscription).
Old Dec 13, 2012, 2:46 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond.
Just picked up a car for a week from CVG today.

I reserved a premium because I'm always disappointed by this locations EA/ES choices. The EA was absolutely pitiful, I think the nicest option they had was an older malibu. The ES wasn't much better, with a newer looking Dodge Charger as easily the best option.

CVG's premium cars are parked in front of the office. Today they had a choice of 4 brand new 300's or a Maxima. I've driven Maximas many times and never a 300, so I went with a black 2013 300 with 650 miles on it. It's very nice, drives well, and got 31 mpg on the drive back from the airport. I didn't see a CTS or any other luxury vehicles on their lot.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.