Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at YYC

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2015, 3:27 pm

Programs: UA Plat, National Exec Elite
Surprisingly good selection last night

Es: 3 brand new Edge SEL awd, 3 new sorentos, 2 300c's, mustang convertible, charger

Ea: sorento was the only standout
Old Jun 29, 2015, 11:01 am

Suitable car for Banff/Rockies

I'm an emerald club member through work and thinking I would reserve using the aisle (we don't rent a lot of cars so I've never done it). We're going to Canmore then a cabin in Windermere/Invermere. Would an economy or standard car be ok for tooling around those roads or should I consider an SUV? I'm from Ontario and take our little Yaris down all kinds of bumpy country roads, but I've never been to the Rockies.
Old Jul 6, 2015, 11:43 pm

Programs: B6/Mosaic/AF/VX/AS Gold Hertz PC HH Dia. AMEX Plat SPG/Marr Gold Nat. EE FPC Plat
Take an SUV. You want the higher view driving for the scenery. Did that, was not disappointed.
Old Jul 10, 2015, 7:40 pm

Originally Posted by ptownca
Take an SUV. You want the higher view driving for the scenery. Did that, was not disappointed.
Or you could put away the tourist card and drive any vehicle like a normal educated human being and stop at designated look outs instead of trying to drive and take pictures.

AB-93 is closed almost daily because people cannot keep their eyes on the road and end up in the ditch, into wildlife or worst.

Stopped on AB-93 while the tow truck removed a brand new 2015 Tahoe rental car from a deep ditch.

Dont be one of those people....

And I am not sure of your comments on you driving your YARIS down bumpy roads, do you think that highways in AB and BC are not paved?
Old Jul 11, 2015, 5:35 pm

Thursday evening at 10pm

busy week in calgary so EA/ES was only half full but decent selection of upgrades

ES: Pathfinder, Cherokee trailhawk, sorento, escape, rogue, taurus limited, edge titanium
EA: 200, camry, sonata, patriot
Old Nov 4, 2015, 9:33 pm

Programs: AC SE*MM, Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Gold, National EE, Sixt Plat, Hz 5*
Any Yukons/Tahoes around lately?
Old Mar 10, 2016, 5:50 pm

ES: Genesis (mine!), Taurus, Venza, Outlander, Edge, 2 Santa Fes, Tucson, Maxima, Charger, Ram 1500, 3 Rogues
EA: Edge, Maxima, Altima, Fusion

The Genesis was tagged as LCAR but I saw an identical '16 Genesis with BC plates tagged as a PCAR a day later.
Old Jun 23, 2016, 7:22 pm

Programs: IHG-Spire, DL-Gold, MR-Platinum, HH-Gold, SPG-Gold, Hyatt-Diamond, BA-Silver
Any recent ES selection updates for YYC? Would love to have a Tahoe for 2 weeks trip next month. I've already booked to Full Size Tahoe for $1900 - but would love to use my mid-size reservation and pick up the same thing from ES.
Old Jul 4, 2016, 10:57 pm

Programs: AA Gold
Picked up a car from YYC around 10pm on the night before Canada Day. Selection was understandably thin given the holiday. The manager was super helpful and tried his best to get me a nicer ride. Eventually ended up in a loaded Hyundai Santa Fe SUVs from the executive section.
Old Jul 4, 2016, 11:01 pm

Programs: AA Gold
YYC night before Canada Day

Should've added this photo to the previous post
Attached Images  
Old Sep 1, 2016, 9:00 pm

Been renting quite a lot there lately, here are some I've seen:
Jeep Wrangler
Chrysler 300s
Hyundai Tucson
Hyundai Santa Fe
Nissan Altima
Chevrolet Impala
Ford Edge
VW Jetta
Ford Taurus
Nissan Pathfinder
Hyundai Sonata
Kia Optima
and a bunch of minivans at the back
Old Jan 17, 2017, 2:47 pm

Anyone know how reliable the SUV selection is in ES these days? Heading up to Banff in Feb and while an SUV really isnt 100% necessary it does make life easier with all of our gear. Looking through this thread it seems that Santa Fe's seem to be readily available in EA /ES, but curious if that changes in teh winter much.
Old Jan 17, 2017, 7:35 pm

I was there last week and rented twice. Both times I arrived at around 4-5pm and was able to get an AWD Tucson and a Ford Escape. I also saw a Cherokee which I passed on.
Old Jan 19, 2017, 10:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by chawk12
I was there last week and rented twice. Both times I arrived at around 4-5pm and was able to get an AWD Tucson and a Ford Escape. I also saw a Cherokee which I passed on.
Got a murano last week - there were tuscon, jeep of some sort and edge in es iirc..
Old Mar 19, 2017, 8:30 am

Arrived I the lot at 1 pm yesterday to a great selection of cars!

I didnt make make the distinction between which aisle was which.
If the right side row is regular EA then there were
Wrangler sahara
Durango
Edge
GMC Terrain
lots of Sedans

EXecutive had
Wrangler Sahara
smaller Jeep (compass or patriot)
Hyundai SUV (Santa Fe I think)
we grabbed a QX50 AWD with 7500 km

I didn't really pay close attention to the rest of the ES aisle since I was honed in on the Infinity.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.