Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at OAK

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2009, 1:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HH Silver,#1 Gold, UAL MP,SkyMiles, ASA MP, AGR, Nat EE
Cars at OAK

Did a search and found nothing on Oakland Airport, just wondering if anyone has a report on this location recently. Will be renting from there Friday.

Thanks,
NW
Old Mar 11, 2009, 3:12 pm

Originally Posted by nicksair1
Did a search and found nothing on Oakland Airport, just wondering if anyone has a report on this location recently. Will be renting from there Friday.

Thanks,
NW
I don't believe we do, let us know what you find. The only other thread is 3 years old, so it will be convenient having a more relevant, updated thread.
Old Mar 17, 2009, 2:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HH Silver,#1 Gold, UAL MP,SkyMiles, ASA MP, AGR, Nat EE
Sorry for the late report, got to Oakland at around 10:30 Friday morning after taking BART from SFO. Mostly the usual Impala's and Malibu's and a lone Red Charger in the ES, G6's and Calibers were in the EA. I didnt like what i saw so i asked a rep if there was anything else, and was given an Avalon with 9mpg.. and scratches to the inside panels and a missing tune button on the radio panel. I was mildly ticked but had to deal with it for most of the day. Later that evening went to SFO and exhanged it with an Malibu LT w/ sunroof. I'll have a report on the SFO selections in its own thread.

Nick
Old Nov 21, 2009, 1:21 am

Programs: AA-EXP
At 7PM Thursday night, the Aisle had two HHRs, a few G6s, a Fusion, and a Sonata. (I took the Fusion, a standard car, which I was pretty happy with) The ES had Chargers, a Marquis, Impalas, and even a single cab Dodge Ram.
Old Oct 26, 2010, 3:01 am

delayed report.

Thu, Sept 30th, at around noon.
Emerald Aisle included one HHR, a couple Chargers, and a Prius.
Old Oct 30, 2011, 7:02 am

Programs: AA Gold, United Silver, SPG/Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
Any updates on what has been seen on the aisle in Oakland lately? Either ES or EA. Thanks in advance.
Old Mar 27, 2012, 9:30 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Anyone at OAK recently?
Old Jun 25, 2012, 12:29 pm

Programs: AA Plat, WN CP, Elevate Silver, AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum, National Exec
Tried to get an SUV on Friday from ES aisle but none were available, even asked agent but only saw 2 in the SUV section. The ES aisle is very small, did notice one Taurus in ES.
Old Jan 28, 2013, 11:03 pm

Programs: UA *Alliance
Friday about 10.

EA: Impalibus and a Chrysler 200
ES: G37s, Optimas, Camrys, and some others that I have taken for granted as being on the EA at least in PHX.

On another note there was at least one new rental car shuttle bus instead of the ancient GMC coaches.
Old Jan 29, 2013, 11:54 am

Programs: Amtrak Select Executive, Hertz PC, National EE, IC Diamond Ambassador, ALL Gold, Hyatt Disc
New rental car shuttle bus?? I was getting used to that "fresh" exhaust smell that lingered around the Rental Car Center... Haha...

G37 on the ES. That's a nice change if it is actually loaded.
Old Mar 1, 2013, 9:12 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, Marriott Life Plat, various others of little note
2/26

Showed up in the morning and both ES and EA were empty with a bunch of people standing around waiting. Saw others get impalas, vws, not impressive. When my turn came a 309c rolled up. Ok, not great.
Old May 13, 2013, 3:44 pm

Feb 8, 2013 evening

Emerald Aisle: one Toyota Camry LE, a few Kia Optima EX, lots of base Malibus and Impalas, a lone base Chrysler 200, and possibly a Prius at the end (didn't catch the sign above the stall).

Executive Aisle: a few loaded Impalas, a couple Chargers, one Challenger, a few loaded Chrysler 300, and one Avalon.
Old Jun 3, 2013, 10:06 pm

Programs: National executive elite, Marriott gold, Hilton diamond, swa cp, DL DM
Executive:
New 2013 malibus, impala, jeep patriots, GMC Acadia, a 2014 mustang convertible (which I took cause it was written up as a pcar), and sonatas.
Emerald:
All Malibu (classic 2013s), impala Lt's, and altimas.

Hidden behind the building as Cadillac's ats, g37x, 300, and maxima.

Decent selection and greeter was willing to help, but no Mercedes, BMW, or mini's....maybe they were hiding at Alamo.
Old Jul 27, 2013, 10:59 pm

Programs: Amtrak Select Executive, Hertz PC, National EE, IC Diamond Ambassador, ALL Gold, Hyatt Disc
Saturday 7/27 6:30pm:
ES:
2 x Volvo S60 (I took 1)
Ford Taurus Limited
Challenger
Toyota Avalon
Buick Lacrosse
'14 Chevy Impala
Hyundai Genesis
Nissan Maxima
Dodge Charger

Basically all premiums (minus the charger) or Full Size Elites... not bad.

ES:
Chevy Malibu
Toyota Corolla
Nissan Altima

They had another '14 Impala, Challenger, Mini-Van and Mid-Size SUV sitting by the building. Actually not a bad selection for OAK today... I was looking and a family asked me if they could take the Taurus Limited as I was walking through the cars. I didn't mind at all as I was just looking at the car tag and mileage but it was kind of them to ask... their son really wanted the Challenger next to it so Mom took the Taurus and Dad took the Challenger. Still not a bad selection, especially for Oakland.
Old Oct 10, 2013, 11:19 am

After the 47 mile ride from the terminal to the lot (Only slightly exaggerated...), I was already too worn out to look around much. What I did see on the EA/ES was a bunch of SUVs and a handful of crap sedans (Altimas, Malibus, and Impalas). I grabbed a Kia Sorrento, as it was the smallest of the SUVs (Tahoes, mainly).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.