Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at OAK

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3, 2013, 11:22 am

Programs: Amtrak Select Executive, Hertz PC, National EE, IC Diamond Ambassador, ALL Gold, Hyatt Disc
Pick-Up Tues 11/26

EA:
Toyota Corolla
3x Chevy Malibu
3x Nissan Altima
2x Kia Sedans
Minivan

ES:
1x Ford Taurus Limited (I took)
4x Nissan Maxima
2x Chevy Malibu LTZ
1x Dodge Challenger
1x Chevy Traverse
1x Pick-Up Truck
2x Chevy Impala (2014)
1x Buick Lacrosse

I didn't see the later 3 pull in until exiting. It was actually a great selection in Oakland compared to usual... such as...

Returned Mon 12/2
EA:
5x Minivan
ES:
4x Minivan
2x Chevy Suburban
1x Chevy Captiva (which someone was getting in to take grumbling every step of the way)

Not a regular car in sight... wow... guess it was good if you wanted a mini-van though!
Old Feb 12, 2014, 10:25 am

Programs: Amtrak Select Executive, Hertz PC, National EE, IC Diamond Ambassador, ALL Gold, Hyatt Disc
Pick-Up Fri 3/31 2pm:

EA:
A full assortment of Standard and Full Size vehicles with two/three rows of cars lined up and ready to go behind the initial aisle.

ES:
A full assortment of Premium cars including '14 Impalas, Avalon's, Maxima's, Taurus Limited's, and a 300. I took a '14 Impala LTZ w/ 8k. Nice loaded PXAR.

Sun 2/9 7pm:
EA:
Didn't see a lot. Just a few Chevy Malibu's and Nissan Altima's.

ES:
1x Hyundai Genesis
1x '14 Taurus Limited (I took)
3x Assorted SUV's
4x Nissan Maxima

Tue 2/11 8pm
EA:
1x Buick Verano (I took)
2x Assorted Mini-vans
1x Chevy Malibu

ES:
5x Nissan Altima
3x Toyota Camry
1x Jeep Liberty
2x Hyundai Sonata

Went with the Verano on the EA instead (SCAR) as it was much better equipped than anything on the ES. Also it only had 50 miles on it
Old Feb 13, 2014, 11:00 pm

Upon return of my last rental...

Wed 2/12 1:30pm
EA: Nothing
ES: Nothing w/ a Line of People

Enterprise: Nothing
Hertz: 1 Corvette which they weren't giving away

Very interesting. I brought my car into the (empty) National/Alamo return area (returned a few hours early) and they promptly checked it in, radioed "Clean Enough" and drove it back over to the first person in line who was in the car and out the gate before I even walked back to the building.
Old Feb 24, 2014, 10:42 pm

Programs: DL PM 0.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, Avis PC, National EE, Hertz PC
This may be a bizzare issue but I had a windshield problem with an Enterprise car (Nissan Maxima). I dropped it off here to get it switched out. To my surprise, they simply cleaned the car, and gave it to somebody else.

This lot is very limited on PCAR. 2 Maximas and 1 Genesis (I took) last time I went there in late Dec.
Old May 16, 2014, 4:53 pm

At 0700 Wednesday morning, the ES was Altima city. There were also 2 or 3 minivans. I grabbed the least reprehensible vehicle I could find: A VW Beetle. While I did feel like a 65 year old woman with a perm whilst driving it, it beats the CVT in an Altima any day.
Old May 16, 2014, 11:41 pm

1700 Thursday afternoon:

EA: Altima's, VW Passat, Buick Verano, and Dodge Charger.
ES: Maxima's, Maxima's, and more Maxima's. Also had an Avalon, Jeep Patriot, and Buick Lacrosse thrown into the mix.
Old Jul 21, 2014, 8:54 pm

Programs: National executive elite, Marriott gold, Hilton diamond, swa cp, DL DM
7-21-14 inventory

2 base black cameras
Ford edge limited
Ford Taurus limited no xm or sunroof 28k miles
A couple altimas
Toyota minivan

PS (each with $75 dollar per day upgrades)
Qx56
15' Tahoe ltz
Qx60

Manager asked what I wanted and pulled a mustang convertible premium with xm. He said exec elites just need to ask.
Old Dec 10, 2014, 11:56 am

How's the selection at OAK these days? TIA
Old Dec 15, 2014, 10:43 am

Depends on the day of the week and estimated demand. Last few times I have used Enterprise (due to lower rates), however looking at National they seemed to have some new 200's on the EA along with some mid and full size Hyundai's. On the ES it tended to be Maxima's, Altima's, with an SUV or two thrown in. There was also an occasional newer style Impala and Taurus. Enterprise, Alamo, and National were all swapping cars from each other at the time though as Enterprise had a shortage of vehicles as did Alamo so they brought over cars from the National side.
Old Jan 7, 2015, 10:58 pm

December 30, 1pm

EA: Nada
ES: 1 Fusion, 1 Camry

Lot attendant (sitting in an idling minivan) offered an Explorer, which I took for our road trip to Socal.
Old Jul 29, 2015, 6:58 am

Anyone get a look at cars recently? Flying in on the 14th and wanted to get a feel for what would be available on the EA. I am a new EC member.
Old Aug 24, 2015, 8:35 am

Just returned from Oakland.

EA

4X Chrysler 200
3X Hyundai Elantra
2x Volkswagon Jetta
1X Ford Fusion

ES

2x Chevy Camaro
1X Chevy Malibu LTZ Leather 1,260 No active SXM
3X Nissan Maxima/Altama (Not Sure)
1X Buick Encore
1X Dodge Journey

Not a great selection but returning the lot looked much better. Didn't get a chance to get a good look at cars when returning. Had an EA reservation, and they let me take the Malibu from the Executive Aisle. Very happy
Old Mar 2, 2016, 1:36 am

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K; Delta Silver Medallion (1MM); Hilton Gold; Marriott Gold; National Executive
Does anyone have an update on what's been at OAK these days?

Specifically, I'm looking to get an AWD SUV or another AWD vehicle (would love a Subaru), since we will be going to Tahoe for a portion of our trip.

I'm Executive, so whatever is on ES or EA would work for me.
Old Jun 12, 2016, 12:54 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Marriot Titanium, AA Platinum, National Emerald Club Executive
Pickup on Monday evening last week. The lot was cleared out. The attendant said that more cars were coming out soon. I told him that I had a PCAR reservation. They brought a Maxima out for me which only had 6k miles on it.

It was a much nicer experience than I've had at nearby SJC, where they've told me that the Exec aisle was the same as a PCAR, when it had no premiums in it.
Old Jun 13, 2016, 10:03 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, National EE, HH Diamond
Picked up at OAK today around 12:30 PM. I was in a hurry so I didn't have a lot of time to look around.

Notable cars in ES: Kia Cadenza x 2, 2016 Camaro V6 (I took this), Tahoe, Ford Explorer.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.