Community
Wiki Posts
Search

National/ Alamo FAQs and Questions

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2016, 8:43 pm

Yes. 2 paragraphs seem to conflict: Can redeem a maximum of 3 consecutive free days per rental (new?) vs max of 7 consecutive free days per rental (old).
Old Jan 2, 2017, 9:58 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Originally Posted by Auto Enthusiast
Yes. 2 paragraphs seem to conflict: Can redeem a maximum of 3 consecutive free days per rental (new?) vs max of 7 consecutive free days per rental (old).
I think the 3 day consecutive only relates to rentals days transferred to someone else. Members can transfer up to 3 in a year. In theory a non-member could receive 3 days from 2 different people. This rule prevents them from combining those into 1 reservation I think.

BTW, National published an FAQ on the changes:
https://nationalcar.custhelp.com/app..._rid=124396233
Old Jan 25, 2017, 8:00 am

Question about Executive status. I'm currently Executive, I was told by CSR the 12 rentals to continue the executive isn't a calendar year but through the time you're currently an executive. Example, I earned Executive in Dec. '15, which meant I have executive through Feb '17. From the CSR, that would mean I would need 12 rentals between this time. Currently need 3 rentals left if this is correct? Want to confirm with someone who experienced it
Old Jan 25, 2017, 3:46 pm

Originally Posted by bargainhunter3
Question about Executive status. I'm currently Executive, I was told by CSR the 12 rentals to continue the executive isn't a calendar year but through the time you're currently an executive. Example, I earned Executive in Dec. '15, which meant I have executive through Feb '17. From the CSR, that would mean I would need 12 rentals between this time. Currently need 3 rentals left if this is correct? Want to confirm with someone who experienced it
If I can read it correctly myself you need to make 12 reservations per calender year to keep executive status

[img]webkit-fake-url://2642eaa6-9ffa-48a4-9d8f-b79d998c4a08/imagepng[/img]
Old Jan 30, 2017, 1:39 pm

Originally Posted by jasonvr
I think the 3 day consecutive only relates to rentals days transferred to someone else. Members can transfer up to 3 in a year. In theory a non-member could receive 3 days from 2 different people. This rule prevents them from combining those into 1 reservation I think.

BTW, National published an FAQ on the changes:
https://nationalcar.custhelp.com/app..._rid=124396233

The 3 consecutive day rule has always been the case with transferred days. When you transfer 3 free days to another EC member, it doesn't get put into their free days "bank." They receive 3 separate coupon codes, and you can only apply up to 3 coupon codes to a single reservation.
Old Mar 5, 2017, 6:03 am

Programs: SJ, SAS, DL
Sorry for the dumb question, but it's been more than 12 months since I rented in the USA or from National.

My Mastercard has been destroyed but has not been cancelled (and I can't get a replacement in time for a forthcoming trip). As an Emerald Club member do I need to physically present the credit card to collect a vehicle? I'm collecting from SLC.

Thanks!
Old Mar 5, 2017, 6:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by jamesbrownontheroad
As an Emerald Club member do I need to physically present the credit card to collect a vehicle?
Yes. It has been my experience 100% of the time when renting from U.S. Emerald Aisle locations.
Old Mar 5, 2017, 6:32 am

Programs: SJ, SAS, DL
Originally Posted by 3Cforme
Yes. It has been my experience 100% of the time when renting from U.S. Emerald Aisle locations.
Thanks. Thought as much but couldn't recall procedure ^
Old Mar 5, 2017, 1:57 pm

not sure. A counter person recently (specifically) handed my card back to me, and only went by my DL. I don't think it was because I'm Executive; I think she said club members didn't need to present their CC. It was NOT aisle location

Thanks. Thought as much but couldn't recall procedure ^
Old Mar 5, 2017, 2:16 pm

Originally Posted by SinglePapa2
not sure. A counter person recently (specifically) handed my card back to me, and only went by my DL. I don't think it was because I'm Executive; I think she said club members didn't need to present their CC. It was NOT aisle location

"For your safety and security, please be advised that you will be required to present the credit card noted on this reservation at the time of rental for validation purposes."

This is what I get from my reservation email confirmations when I make a reservation. I am an executive elite.
Old Mar 5, 2017, 9:39 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Sorry for the dumb question, but it's been more than 12 months since I rented in the USA or from National.

My Mastercard has been destroyed but has not been cancelled (and I can't get a replacement in time for a forthcoming trip). As an Emerald Club member do I need to physically present the credit card to collect a vehicle? I'm collecting from SLC.

Thanks!
At a normal Aisle location, I don't think I've ever been asked for my CC as I drove out. However, SLC is not an Aisle location. You have to talk to someone to get your keys (either inside or at the booth in the lot). It's been a while since I rented from SLC and I don't remember if I needed to present my CC. I seem to remember that I did, but its fuzzy
Old Mar 6, 2017, 7:49 pm

Programs: AM Plat, UA Plat, AA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Amex Plat
Hey all! Quick question here.

I have EC Executive through Amex Plat and a foreign driver license. I booked a midsize through ebookers and they allowed me to enter my National number. Now I see the following in my National.com profile:

Edit: I cannot see the screenshot, but here's a link. http://pasteboard.co/GnKcZxnnC.png

I thought I got access to the Executive Aisle and not Emerald. Should I book a Fullsize? Or do I not get Executive Aisle if I book through a third-party? Or is it simply the way in which the website will show the reservation?

Thanks!

Last edited by asar; Mar 6, 2017 at 8:00 pm
Old Mar 6, 2017, 9:39 pm
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

Originally Posted by asar
Hey all! Quick question here.

I have EC Executive through Amex Plat and a foreign driver license. I booked a midsize through ebookers and they allowed me to enter my National number. Now I see the following in my National.com profile:

Edit: I cannot see the screenshot, but here's a link. http://pasteboard.co/GnKcZxnnC.png

I thought I got access to the Executive Aisle and not Emerald. Should I book a Fullsize? Or do I not get Executive Aisle if I book through a third-party? Or is it simply the way in which the website will show the reservation?

Thanks!
I think it's probably just the way the website is showing it. If you're Exec you should be able to choose from the EE aisle. They should be able to look up your status at the location if there is any question so you should be fine.
Old Mar 12, 2017, 8:02 pm
sjv

How does booking car rentals with National Emerald Club Executive status via CSR through Ultimate Rewards portal work? If I book midsize can I select any car in the Executive area still? Do I get any credits towards free rental days? Thanks.
Old Mar 13, 2017, 7:44 am

Originally Posted by sjv
How does booking car rentals with National Emerald Club Executive status via CSR through Ultimate Rewards portal work? If I book midsize can I select any car in the Executive area still? Do I get any credits towards free rental days? Thanks.

I haven't used chase ultimate rewards to pay for my rental so I can't tell you how it works but I assume of you can input your emerald number through thr website or can add it from a chat with national I assume you would at least use the aisle?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.