National/ Alamo FAQs and Questions

Old Feb 1, 2016, 6:00 pm

Programs: AA EXP/Exec Citi, NZ* G, Nat EE, Avis PP, HH Gold
What does it show you when you use Modify your Reservation?

If you search outright for another reservation, LCAR won't be available because you likely have the last available one already committed on your current reservation.
Old Feb 6, 2016, 6:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by hartlogan
What does it show you when you use Modify your Reservation?

If you search outright for another reservation, LCAR won't be available because you likely have the last available one already committed on your current reservation.
When I try to modify the reservation, it just makes me run a new search (basically assuming that I want to change my pickup/dropoff time, I guess). When I do that, LCAR does not appear.

Also, the field on the new website where you'd select your Free Days isn't present when you do the search via Modify Reservation, so I don't have the ability to add the Free Day.

I called in, sat on hold for 30 mins, and got an agent who put me on hold again, then said they were sold out, then said I couldn't use my Free Days for a LCAR, then...I thanked them for their time and hung up before they screwed up my existing reservation.

At this point I'll just pay for the day and use my free day elsewhere. After bouncing between Exec/EE for a few years, I feel like National's service level and even fleet (at least what they put on EA/ES) have gone downhill lately. Luckily, my travel should be slowing down in 2017, so I've taken status matches to Hertz PC and Sixt Plat and will go free agent from here forward...
Old Feb 9, 2016, 9:00 pm

Enterprise

Traveling to a smaller airport where Enterprise is showing substantially lower rates than National. What is the downside from renting from Ent rather than Nat? I realize I don't get to choose my car, but I'm hoping that the counter would work with me within reason.

I think they have a combined counter at the station I'm thinking of.
Thanks
Old Feb 10, 2016, 5:34 am

You might get a higher mileage car.

Originally Posted by EWR-6785
Traveling to a smaller airport where Enterprise is showing substantially lower rates than National. What is the downside from renting from Ent rather than Nat? I realize I don't get to choose my car, but I'm hoping that the counter would work with me within reason.

I think they have a combined counter at the station I'm thinking of.
Thanks
Old Feb 18, 2016, 5:18 pm

Originally Posted by powermax
You might get a higher mileage car.
+1

Agreed!

I had the same situation and the car I ended up with was 2, almost 3 years old. Total mileage was around 25k miles.
Old Feb 25, 2016, 2:36 pm

alamo premium fleet

could you please advise me what cars are in that class....thks
Old Feb 25, 2016, 6:13 pm
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

Originally Posted by Berner
could you please advise me what cars are in that class....thks
I would suggest checking out this thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/natio...hise-list.html

Alamo and National are owned by the same company, and they typically share a fleet, so the cars will be very similar between the two brands. That said, you may find that the cars assigned to the National half of the lot are a little on the nicer/newer/more upmarket end of things than the ones assigned to the Alamo side, but it varies.
Old Feb 29, 2016, 8:21 am

Programs: AC SE, HH Gold, Marriott Titanium, National EE, Sixt Platinum, Hertz PC, AVIS PC
Originally Posted by newfbc
Ebates are now offering 9% Cash Back on bookings made today! A great opportunity if you have trips planned - book now!

http://www.ebates.com/rf.do?referrer...%3D&eeid=28187

Ron.
Ebates are offering 5% cash back on National rentals booked today (vs standard 2.5%)... save some $$!

Ron.
Old Mar 2, 2016, 10:22 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Anyone else seeing something funky with the website and trying to use a coupon or a free day? If I try to make a reservation without either one, I see a midsize to get Aisle access. As soon as add either a 12F coupon or a free day, midsize completely disappears as an option....
Old Mar 5, 2016, 12:16 am

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Originally Posted by jasonvr
Anyone else seeing something funky with the website and trying to use a coupon or a free day? If I try to make a reservation without either one, I see a midsize to get Aisle access. As soon as add either a 12F coupon or a free day, midsize completely disappears as an option....
OK, so this resolved itself and now it is back. Seems like any time outside of normal business hours this breaks.....
Old Mar 5, 2016, 9:38 am

Programs: National EE
Originally Posted by jasonvr
Had the same problem yesterday and today when making a reservation for the weekend and using $20 coupon (the one on National website).

Edit: I tried it again without entering my EE credentials and it shows the mid-size rate. I guess the solution is to make a reservation with a coupon and EE contract ID but without EE credentials , and add them when collecting/dropping off the car.

Never had these problems with the legacy website.

Last edited by matrixca7; Mar 5, 2016 at 10:06 am
Old Mar 6, 2016, 12:16 pm

Programs: Priceline Blood Diamond Elite. Peon on DL, AA, UA, US, and WN.
I might have to extend a rental... and can't find it on the website. Thankfully, it's available on the app. Where should I look?
Old Mar 14, 2016, 2:43 pm

Have rates gone up drastically for anyone else? Just checking SAN weekly rates and they have gone up almost 50%
Old Mar 14, 2016, 2:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Unless you're using a corp. code, expect rates to change with supply and demand seasonally and even more frequently.
Old Mar 15, 2016, 2:04 am

Programs: National EE
Originally Posted by R2134
Have rates gone up drastically for anyone else? Just checking SAN weekly rates and they have gone up almost 50%
Yes. Weekly rates have jumped from $150 to $200 in Toronto since 2 weeks ago.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.