Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > National | Emerald Club
Reload this Page >

Cars at MSY Emerald / Exec (New Orleans Airport)

Cars at MSY Emerald / Exec (New Orleans Airport)

Old Oct 24, 2015, 9:59 pm

Returned and picked up a new rental for a one way at 9:00am this morning. Aisles were completely full.

PS

1 Infiniti QX70 - $50
1 Infiniti Q50 - $50
1 Lincoln MKZ - $25
1 Mustang Ecoboost - $25
1 Camaro - $25

ES

Full of the usual

3 Ram 2500
1 Kia Sedona
1 Buick Enclave
Multiple Equinox's
Multiple Tucson's
Multiple Challengers
Impala LT's
2 Chrysler 300's
VW Toureg

EA
Multiple Equinox
1 Ram 1500
1 VW Jetta
1 Ford Fusion
2 Chrysler 200
1 Dodge Journey
1 Town and Country
1 Jetta
1 Explorer
3 Altima's (Base)
A few Jeeps, none seemed to be Grand Cherokee.

No large SUV of any kind.

Ask and received a Suburban from the return aisle. Booth attendant said they were hiding them on Enterprise side.
Old Nov 14, 2015, 6:30 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Lifetime Marriott Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Avis President's Club
2 November 2015, Monday : 1230

1 x Enclave
1 x 200S
1 x Challenger
1 x Explorer (1,100 mi odo, Black, LA plates)
2 x Taurus
1 x Acadia
1 x Terrain
1 x Cherokee
1 x Maxima
Old Jan 31, 2016, 1:42 pm

Programs: AA Gold
Picked up a car at MSY on Thursday evening. Almost all SUVs and very little else. Lots of Jeeps of various flavors and Santa Fe/Tucsons, one Ram truck, a few minivans...nothing really stood out other than three GMC Acadias Only 3 "cars" on the lot: one LaCrosse, one Charger, and one Challenger.
Old Apr 6, 2016, 2:06 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Lifetime Marriott Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Avis President's Club
4 April 2016 : 1245

1 x Enclave
1 x Equinox
1 x Impala (New)
1 x Suburban
1 x Traverse (Black, 14K mi odo, KY plates)
2 x Durango
1 x Edge
1 x Taurus
2 x Terrain
1 x Grand Cherokee
1 x Patriot
1 x Camry

In my experience, MSY greeters always go out of their way to see if a member's preference is available.

Upgrade Area : ATS (3), Infiniti SUV - greeters started giving the Caddys out just for asking.
Old Jan 19, 2017, 9:44 am

I've been flying to New Orleans with frequency since last July to visit a client in Covington. I also have family in Baton Rouge that I visit from time to time. My experience with the ES/EA at MSY has generally been pretty good. I'll offer some insight by rambling below.

For the trip this week (Sunday night 1/15 to today 1/19), when I arrived around 21:00 on Sunday, they had a completely full lot with the typical selection. They had two Fusion Hybrids so I took a white 2017 SE.
I find that flying in on Sunday night nets me the best options. When I flew in Monday night a couple weeks ago, they had very few options to choose from, but they happened to be putting up a convertible Mustang, so I took that.

When I flew in on Thanksgiving Day there were no cars. They had a Dodge Caravan and some Nissan Frontier pickups--I took the only other option which was a Jeep Grand Cherokee. When I flew in on Christmas Day, it was mostly the same, but they had a Dodge Charger with fewer than 1,000 miles so I took that.

Most of my MSY ES rentals have been Mustang, Charger, and Fusion Hybrid, but I've taken the Chrysler 300C or Toyota Avalon when it shows up. They usually have Chargers and Challengers on Sunday night, but I'm not a fan of those.

Tl;dr: service at MSY is generally good, but the selection is not usually exciting. It's a pretty middle-of-the-road experience.
Old Jan 23, 2017, 9:58 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, IHG Plat, Star Alliance Gold, OneWorld Sapphire
I've been renting from this location for years and I've never driven off in anything that I didn't want. My strategy is to first check out what they have and then ask the outdoor attendant if they have any Grand Cherokees (or whatever you want) around that I could take since there was not anything on the Exec Aisle that fit my need. Granted, this probably wont work unless you have Executive or Executive Elite Status. Seriously though, these folks are super helpful. Last month I had a reservation with Dollar Car Rental at MSY, but my flight was delayed and I didn't get in until just after they closed. I was stuck at the airport until I asked the National counter if they had anything, explained what happened and gave them my Emerald Club number. They literally just gave me a car for the day for free and said "just bring it back when you come to pick-up your Dollar rental and we hope you'll book with us next time." They didn't have to do that, but it was very kind.
Old Mar 25, 2017, 5:24 pm

Programs: Hertz PC, Hyatt Diamond, Priority club Gold, Marriott Silver, National Executive, AA Gold
Smile

pickup time Sunday 19th March - 8 pm

Altima's
Camry
Jeep Patriot
Jeep Cherokee
Hyundai Santa Fe
Buick LaCrosse
Jeep Wrangler
Minivans
Dodge Challenger r/t hemi - 3k miles - I picked this one up

I will be renting from this location frequently now, will try to update this page as much as I can
Old Aug 31, 2017, 8:17 am

Programs: UA 1K, DL Gold, IHG Diamond AMB, MR Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, National EE
What can I expect here on a Luxury reservation? Typical Cadillac?
Old Oct 11, 2017, 6:00 pm

Wed 10/11 around 3pm, lot was pretty much empty, 4 cars in aisle, 10~ in Executive, 0 in Premier Selction, aisle has a wrangler and Exe has maxima, 300 & some standard SUVs. Was about to take the 300 when a BMW 430i pulled into premier selection, tried to take the BMW with a PCAR reservation (succeeded twice before) but they were low on convertible so didn't let me this time. Ended up with a maxima as the 300 was gone.
Old Oct 30, 2017, 12:30 pm

Programs: Hertz PC, National ES, Air Kettle
Picked up on a Sunday evening earlier this month.

The lot was full with plenty of great cars. Only remember a few of them, but it was the best aisle selection I had ever seen at any of the few locations I’ve been to.

The ones I remember:

Emerald:
- Chevy Tahoe
-Nissan Maxima Platinum
-Dodge Charger R/T V8

Executive:
- Infiniti QX30
-Dodge Challenger R/T V8

I took the Challenger as I was by myself and like sporty cars. It was a 2018 with 700 miles. It was a fun car to drive and the exhaust sounded great.

Returned on following Wednesday and the lot was empty, with a line of people waiting for cars.
Old Dec 16, 2017, 11:23 pm
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Priority Pass
First time I would ever hope for this personally...but what are the chances I won't find a minivan in either the executive or emerald club aisle?
Old May 23, 2018, 12:53 pm

Programs: US CP, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Gold, National Exec Elite, Hertz #1 Club Gold
I actually live in NO an every now and then need to rent a car while being at home when I'm not traveling for work. I rent 50+ cars a year from various National outlets around the whole system and this is, without a doubt, the worst office in the entire system. Bare lots, people who don't know whats going on, long lines to wait for a car and general malaise about the whole place. There's one guy who's nice, I believe his name is Alan, and he just shakes his head when he has a line of people waiting for cars; says it's totally beyond his control. Nothing ever seems to change at this location.
Old Oct 17, 2018, 3:09 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus, Marriott Rewards, Southwest Rapid Rewards
Originally Posted by TigerFan55
I actually live in NO an every now and then need to rent a car while being at home when I'm not traveling for work. I rent 50+ cars a year from various National outlets around the whole system and this is, without a doubt, the worst office in the entire system. Bare lots, people who don't know whats going on, long lines to wait for a car and general malaise about the whole place. There's one guy who's nice, I believe his name is Alan, and he just shakes his head when he has a line of people waiting for cars; says it's totally beyond his control. Nothing ever seems to change at this location.
This has been my experience with both National and Hertz at MSY.

My last National rental at MSY, came out to a nearly empty lot. Only cars in Exec. Asked the attendant, who was more worried about texting someone than helping me and the other customers, told me to wait. Noticed there was one Rav 4 in spot marked Emerald Aisle at the end of the Exec aisle. Asked her about taking it, she said no, you have to wait for a mid size. Car shows up 15 min later, Chevy Cruz that's looking pretty rough. Everywhere else I rent with National has been great, not sure whats up here.
Old Oct 17, 2018, 5:59 pm

Maybe its a franchise location?

Seems like franchise places are in general worse than coporate locations...
Old Oct 18, 2018, 8:49 am

Not likely. Not by the number of cars described above with out of state plates, freely given for local and new one-way rentals.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.