Cars at LGA

Old Aug 26, 2015, 11:06 am

Programs: National EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by dwbf11
There will never be a vehicle like that on the EA or ES here. At best, you may get lucky with a minivan, but I wouldn't count on it.
I have seen many times Full-size SUV's like Tahoe, Suburban, Expedition etc. in ES at LGA, not in peak times though.
Old Aug 26, 2015, 2:38 pm

Originally Posted by GreeNYC
I have seen many times Full-size SUV's like Tahoe, Suburban, Expedition etc. in ES at LGA, not in peak times though.
What are the off peak times that you would recommend?
Old Aug 26, 2015, 2:49 pm

Originally Posted by quikie
What are the off peak times that you would recommend?
Generally midweek days, except for holiday seasons.
Old Sep 8, 2015, 2:52 pm
Moderator: National Car

Programs: Delta PM, National EE, Hertz PC, Hilton DM
Picked up Friday 9/4, just before the holiday weekend. Plenty of cars, but nothing particularly interesting in the aisles.

EA was all Chrysler 200's. There may have been a Sonata or an Optima thrown in for good measure.

ES was 1/2 Chrysler 200's. Other standouts included a Buick Enclave, Mazda6 and Mazda CX-5, an Impala 1LT, a few 2015 Camry SE's, and a Malibu LTZ.

I took a Hyundai Tucson that was hiding in the corner of the EA behind the pillar.
Old Sep 8, 2015, 4:57 pm

Originally Posted by dwbf11
Picked up Friday 9/4, just before the holiday weekend. Plenty of cars, but nothing particularly interesting in the aisles.

EA was all Chrysler 200's. There may have been a Sonata or an Optima thrown in for good measure.

ES was 1/2 Chrysler 200's. Other standouts included a Buick Enclave, Mazda6 and Mazda CX-5, an Impala 1LT, a few 2015 Camry SE's, and a Malibu LTZ.

I took a Hyundai Tucson that was hiding in the corner of the EA behind the pillar.
Lately they are stocking up ES with 200's of every color. While I'm not going to rate this car now, the 200 - being an 'SCAR' - certainly does not belong in ES which is supposedly the aisle where ES members can "Choose any car - Fullsize and above".
Old Sep 9, 2015, 7:57 am
Moderator: National Car

Programs: Delta PM, National EE, Hertz PC, Hilton DM
Originally Posted by GreeNYC
Lately they are stocking up ES with 200's of every color. While I'm not going to rate this car now, the 200 - being an 'SCAR' - certainly does not belong in ES which is supposedly the aisle where ES members can "Choose any car - Fullsize and above".
It's not a bad ride in 200S or 200C form - but I agree, I don't think it's really proper ES material. I'm seeing it at a lot of stations but LGA seems to be particularly fond of the practice. Unfortunately the vast majority are base 200 Limiteds, with a few S's (with no options) thrown in for good measure.
Old Sep 13, 2015, 2:30 pm

Programs: Kimpton IC, Voila Platinum, Club Carlson Gold Elite,National EE, Hertz PC, Avis First, Sixt Platinum
I picked up a one-way LCAR reservation today from LGA using an Exec Elite free day.

At first, I was directed over to the aisle where I was told my options were a bone stock 300 or a Challenger.

That really wasn't going to fly, I've only ever seen base 300s as PCARs, and Challenger? Isn't that FCAR? Either way, neither matched my reserved class. I was told that at their location, they classify them as LCARs.

I asked about the SRX sitting in a premium/specialty spot and was told I'd need to go back to the counter and ask. Fortunately, they must have read my mind as I walked back in as they had the keys ready to hand over to me. Very nice guys working the counter.

SRX was a 2015 with 25k miles, pretty dirty inside and out, and a flakey transmission. However, it was the best option.

I still can't get over them trying to pawn off a base 300 of Challenger on a LCAR rez though...
Old Oct 21, 2015, 1:43 pm

Mean to update this thread when I was at LGA late September. We came in on a Thursday afternoon and the lot was slim pickings. They had Dodge Journey's, Toyota Sienna's, Hyundai Santa Fe's, and some VW Jettas. All models were mid-level, nothing in the upper levels. We got into a fairly new Santa Fe, but ditched it when a Ford Explorer Limited came in with Florida plates...however, it didn't seem to have all the options(no sunroof etc).

Across the National Kiosk seem to be a couple of BMW 3 series, they looked like the older models...I didn't bother as it seemed to be in the Alamo slots.
Old Nov 4, 2015, 1:21 pm

One way to Miami

Hello everyone, first time posting.
I'm planning to drive to Miami in January, got a great quote for a full size car.
What can I expect to get in EA or EA?
Obviously looking for something comfortable for my first road trip

Last edited by abe11211; Nov 4, 2015 at 1:21 pm Reason: spelling
Old Feb 20, 2016, 7:44 pm

I was looking for a Camaro or a Mustang since those are two cars I really wanted to drive and the first time i was at LGA they had both but I needed a Sedan at the time . Anyways Found an escalade in the Executive aisle but the door was locked. Found a Dodge charger SXT with only 500 miles on it in the Emerald Aisle and loved it. Better than the Base model I drove from JFK a few weeks ago.
Old Apr 28, 2016, 10:57 am

4/27/16 around 7pm

ES:
Charger R/T Mine
F150
Silverado
Fusions, Altimas, Sonatas
TransitConnect passanger model
Nissan Frontier
Charger SXT (V6)
Chevy Trax
Jeep Compass
Kia Sorrento (had lots of chrome bits, possibly high trim model)
Old Apr 29, 2016, 9:32 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Around 2100 this evening: Bunch of Pathfinders, Muranos, one Impala, two Mitsubishi SUV, one Altima. several Jeep compass. Took an Edge Titanium.
Old May 27, 2016, 7:46 am
formerly ThePinkUnicornShirtGuy

Programs: Delta Diamond
Going to try for an L car here in a few weeks. I'd actually like to try to get the Maserati if possible (I know I still pay the upfare)
Old May 30, 2016, 10:58 pm

Originally Posted by ThePinkUnicornShirtGuy
Going to try for an L car here in a few weeks. I'd actually like to try to get the Maserati if possible (I know I still pay the upfare)
I can guarantee they won't have a Maserati there. I returned a car there last night and the premier section was empty like usual. When they do have a car there they typically have the usual XTS, Audi A3, an Audi CUV type car ( Forgot to look at the model and not familiar with Audi in general), and some BMW X1 ( I believe it was a X1?).

As far as L cars goes they go in the Premier section and you can't even rent a L car at JFK or LGA.... Only seen it at enterprise at non air port locations.
Old May 31, 2016, 9:54 am

Programs: DL Silver, AS MVP, UA Silver, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, National Exec Elite
Last Thurs EA and ES were both filled with the low-end of what you would expect... ES housed mostly Sonata and Charger with a sole Lacrosse on one of the ends pointing perpendicular to the rest of the ES (so not even clear if it was actually on the ES).

I was on a PCAR res and the Emerald Reserve sections were being used as bulk storage of dirty cars. There was no greeter and the counter line was out the door, so I took the lone PCAR on ES, a Lacrosse that turned out to have over 13k miles on it and was a '15 model.

I was emailed by the station manager after my rental with a generic "how did we do?" email and I let him know about the greeter station not being staffed, the ER sections not being functional, and the only PCAR in sight being a high-mileage one on the PS. His only excuse was "we normally have Premiere Selection cars available" which had nothing to do with my rental, but he refunded it none the less without me asking for any compensation. I would have preferred he not since it was a company expense and I may on the line when it comes to re-qualifying for EE this year, so hopefully the credits still post.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.