Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at LGA

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2012, 1:44 pm

Originally Posted by GreeNYC
How long does it take in average with the M60?

(a little off topic, sorry...)
I'm going to guess about an hour - but last week was my first time.

Ultimately depends on where you get off but I rode it to the last Manhattan stop last Sunday. I boarded the bus at ~6:30pm and it was an hour from the last LGA terminal to W 106th.
Old Jan 26, 2012, 2:02 pm

Programs: National EE, Hertz PC
Thanks.

--
Another downgrade at LGA/JFK, the standard coupon’s (e.g. $35/25 off-week) are no longer working for midweek rentals Mon-Thur.

Also the weekly rates are very high for this time in the year.
Old Jan 26, 2012, 7:59 pm

Hopefully people are not renting with the $100 drop charge to return in Manhattan, and are instead using another rental company for practically the same base price. Otherwise, this new drop charge is more likely to stick.
Old Jan 28, 2012, 11:12 am

Did anyone who planned to pick up a one-way out of NYC airports, returning to Manhattan, do so yet? If so, did they actually bite for National's double retail daily rate compared to roundtrip, plus the new $100 drop fee?
Old Jan 28, 2012, 7:48 pm

Programs: UA Plat, National Exec Elite
Sat 1/28 at 9AM

EA:
3-4 Malibu, 200
1 each of: Sonata, Altima, Avenger, Nitro, and Captiva

ES:
1 each of: Suburban, Liberty, Charger, Terrain, 300
Several of: Malibu, Impala

Premium:
2 Mustang Convertibles, 2 300's, a Traverse, and an Enclave

I took the mustang and managed to keep the top down for a while with the strange winter this year.
Old Jan 29, 2012, 9:35 am

Programs: UA Plat, National Exec Elite
Fully stocked and very SUV heavy on morning of 1/29 at 10AM

EA: Terrain, Rogue (2), Captiva, Escape, Compass, Sante Fe, Jetta, Altima, 200, Sonata

ES: Durango (2), Equinox (2), Charger, Edge, Journey, Liberty, Malibus and Impalas.
Old Jan 29, 2012, 9:30 pm

Originally Posted by Auto Enthusiast
Did anyone who planned to pick up a one-way out of NYC airports, returning to Manhattan, do so yet? If so, did they actually bite for National's double retail daily rate compared to roundtrip, plus the new $100 drop fee?
I returned in Manhattan today. $31/day for premium, no drop fee, and the airport fee was removed.
Old Jan 30, 2012, 6:08 am

They removed the airport fee? Usually those are whenever you pick up from an airport, regardless of where you return the car. And all companies are, I think, required to charge it. For instance, a few years ago, the Hertz FL driveout was only from airports. The MIA airport taxes doubled the cost.

What type of car did you take? (make, model, mileage, option package, original state, etc.)
Old Jan 30, 2012, 7:05 am
Suspended

I spoke to a National LGA manager about the airport fee.

LGA is allowed to remove the airport fee if you sign a document that says you are local/didn't fly into LGA. The reason this is the case is that the National facility is off airport property.

So, if you are local and pick up at EWR, you can't get out of the airport fee because the National location is on airport property.

Last edited by JFKSFOLAX_friend; Jan 30, 2012 at 2:31 pm
Old Jan 30, 2012, 8:43 am

They removed the airport fee?

What type of car did you take? (make, model, mileage, option package, original state, etc.)
Yep, but only on this rental. My last LGA rental included the fee.

The EA/ES/ER I saw is practically the same as what xienon mentions with the addition of a few Durangos. I took a 2012 CTS Luxury 10,000 miles for +$15/day. I picked up Friday night and Saturday morning I realized that the car hadn't been adequately cleaned. I called the location and had the upgrade charge removed.
Old Jan 30, 2012, 11:23 am

I spoke to a National LGA manager about the airport fee.

LGA is allowed to remove the drop off fee if you

I presume you meant the airport fee, not the new $100 drop fee for returning to Manhattan from NYC airports, right?
Old Jan 30, 2012, 12:54 pm

Can someone ask the LGA manager more details about this new ridiculous $100 drop fee? Or maybe someone else is in charge of the pricing for this location?
Old Jan 30, 2012, 1:57 pm

It would be better to ask a Manhattan manager, because picking up from JFK, EWR (except the shuttle rate), HPN, Stamford, or ISP, and returning to Manhattan, often incurs the new $100 drop fee. It seems like the Manhattan neighborhood stores might already have too many cars, so they're trying to discourage more inbound one-ways. This extra $100 makes National completely uncompetitive with the other rental companies for one-ways into Manhattan from nearby airports, which may be exactly the intent.
Old Jan 30, 2012, 2:31 pm
Suspended

I presume you meant the airport fee, not the new $100 drop fee for returning to Manhattan from NYC airports, right?
Yes. My post is corrected. Sorry.
Old Feb 1, 2012, 2:59 pm

Just noticed that the "airport access fee" at National-LGA want up from 11.75% to 12% while at other LGA rental agencies its still 11.11%.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.