Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at MKE (Milwaukee)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2008, 9:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC 100k, SPG Platinum, Avis PC, National Exec
Cars at MKE (Milwaukee)

Have rented twice at MKE the last 6 weeks or so. Both times the selection (only 8-10 cars in total) I've only seen Altima 2.5s and Malibus, though the last time there was a 2009 Malibu with only 2500 miles on it.

A quick glance over at the Emerald aisle didn't show anything much different.
Old Nov 24, 2008, 6:52 am

Programs: US Plat, DL Gold, WN when needed, PC Plat, SPG Gold, National Exec
I was told by an Enterprise agent recently that Enterprise, National and Alamo just completed their first car purchase together, and that some new cars will be added soon to all three lineups.
Old Nov 24, 2008, 8:55 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Plat Pro, MR LTP, others from cards
MKE has the worst selection I've ever seen with National. It's usually pretty cheap, which may be connected.

The regular aisle is usually Vibes. Occasionally a G6, but more often than not just Vibes. Used to be HHRs. Presumably they figured if you've only stocking one model it's best to have something versatile.

The executive selection is generally a choice between an Impala or a low-option Altima. Sometimes a Grand Prix.

Some weekend times and late at night they just close the aisle and you have to go to the counter.

In maybe 20 rentals over more than two years I have never, ever, seen anything other than the above models on either aisle. Not even a Buick.

Did get a Malibu once, right when the new model came out, but that was when the aisle was closed. Another time it was closed they offered a Pacifica or Acadia.
Old Nov 25, 2008, 10:55 am

I agree with the previous posts. It's pretty pathetic there. Last time I rented I got a Vibe GT. Pretty much all the EA has are Vibe GTs and an HHR here or there.

The EE though, I've seen Impala SSs, 09 Malibus and just regular impalas. Nothing spectacular.
Old Dec 27, 2008, 3:48 pm

I was just in this airport on Christmas Eve around 2:30 pm. Surprisingly there were a ton of cars in both EE and EA. I have listed the cars I saw in both of these below.

Executive: Malibus, Grand Prixs, Impalas

Emarald Aisle: 1 Prius (very rare for this place) HHRs, and Vibes
Old Mar 29, 2009, 5:32 pm

Anybody see anything recently at MKE? I'm flying in this Friday evening.
Old Mar 30, 2009, 4:01 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Amex Plat
I had a Pontiac Vibe a few weeks ago, from the regular Emerald Aisle (I am executive, but the only cars in the Executive Selection were Impalas...no thanks)

Loved the Vibe. Relatively well equipped with working XM radio, plus ABS and traction control that worked well in the snow.
Old Apr 1, 2009, 2:04 pm

Maybe I will just grab something off the luxury aisle and see what they do.
Old Apr 8, 2009, 9:08 pm

Just got back from MKE, heres what I saw:
Executive Aisle:
6 Malibus, 2 Impalas, 2 Pontiac Vibes

I ended up picking a fully loaded Malibu LTZ which actually turned out to be a very nice clean car.
Old Oct 5, 2009, 11:02 am

Programs: AA Gold, Amex Plat
Just rented from MKE a few hours ago. The Emerald Aisle was completely empty and the Executive Selection had about 5 Impalas and 2 Malibus. I can't stand the Impala so took a Malibu, which is a decent car IMHO.

MKE, as a licensee location, does have a boring fleet (I've never seen anything other than GM cars there) but at least the employees are friendly and service is efficient. I always enjoy renting at airports where the cars are actually on-site, in a garage rather than a shuttle ride away.
Old Oct 5, 2009, 11:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Silver
When I was there, I had a very nice selection of Impalas in both the executive and emeral aisles. Whatever color I wanted.
Old Nov 7, 2009, 8:39 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, UA Gold, AA Gold
Was at MKE on a recent Friday evening and EA had your selection of any car, as long as it was called "PT Cruiser", and ES had your selection of any car, as long as it was called "Impala" or "Malibu". One odd thing was the need to sign some weird Wisconsin-mandated legal form at the gate about car insurance, which just seemed more confusing than anything.

I do like the fact that the rental cars are literally across the street from the terminal, as opposed to other airports (ORD, IAD come to mind which, I acknowledge, are much larger) which require a long wait for a bus and then a long/slow slog to get to the rental location. It was nice to land at 7:22 and be out of the rental car garage at 7:35!
Old Nov 8, 2009, 12:56 am

Programs: SPG Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, JetBlue Mosaic, AA Platinum, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by dcchi
I do like the fact that the rental cars are literally across the street from the terminal, as opposed to other airports (ORD, IAD come to mind which, I acknowledge, are much larger) which require a long wait for a bus and then a long/slow slog to get to the rental location. It was nice to land at 7:22 and be out of the rental car garage at 7:35!
I agree, but as a customer with a corp. account, this location stinks. It's the only franchise location at an airport I've ever been to, and they restrict me to about 10% of their available cars because I have a corp. acct. (so much for that being a benefit!) Personally, I'm going to start renting elsewhere when I have to fly into MKE because their selection sucks. I'm also sick of having to sign the additional legal disclosures you mentioned previously. They know we can't read a 3 page paper while at the gate. That's just shady business to force a signature as we hold up the line.
Old Nov 8, 2009, 9:50 am

I've seen several rental cars from other companies with WI plates in places like ORD and MSP, so one-ways to and from MKE must be common. National's website does allow it. I'm therefore surprised a place like MKE would be a franchise. Unless they keep a supply of corporate cars on the lot for precisely this purpose? I believe I recall someone saying something like that about independent licensees, perhaps in another thread.
Old Jan 22, 2010, 12:28 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, UA Gold, AA Gold
super early return to MKE National

Anyone have experience with a VERY early morning return to National in MKE? I am considering taking a 5am flight (i.e., returning about 4:15-ish?) and I believe the office is closed then. Anyone have tips/experience regarding this? Do you just mark mileage/gas on the form and put in drop box? ANyone have problems doing that?

Also, does anyone know how busy/not busy the MKE security line wait is that early? I'm assuming very light, but you never know...

Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.