Cars at CMH (Columbus, OH)

Old May 30, 2014, 12:03 pm
trq

I am wondering is there any upgrade option in this location? How much is it? Thanks~
Old May 30, 2014, 2:16 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by peteropny
Yes generally ES will have something better than FullSize but not at this location - ES is likely a Malibu.

National should add a disclaimer that one way rentals may be limited in their choice of vehicles.
ES in this case had several SUVs available at the time of rental.
Old Jun 1, 2014, 1:55 pm

Programs: delta pm, aa exp, hilton diamond
It would be very helpful if National would let you know at time of booking a one way that the pick up location is a franchisee with limited selection of one way cars. As we all know you can rent a one way from a corporate location and pick any car on the isle but not at a franchisee there is no way of knowing until you show up.
Old Jun 5, 2014, 6:11 pm

Originally Posted by Traveling Salesman
It would be very helpful if National would let you know at time of booking a one way that the pick up location is a franchisee with limited selection of one way cars. As we all know you can rent a one way from a corporate location and pick any car on the isle but not at a franchisee there is no way of knowing until you show up.
I always drop cars at CMH on my quarterly IND and CMH trip. Just let me know what you want next time, and I'll run it over from IND.

In the last year, I dropped a 4 Runner, a Soul, and a Genesis at CMH.
Old Jun 5, 2014, 7:30 pm

Ironically, if I recall correctly, in another thread, it was discussed that National locations in Indianapolis are also run by a franchise.
Old Jun 6, 2014, 9:27 am

Originally Posted by Auto Enthusiast
Ironically, if I recall correctly, in another thread, it was discussed that National locations in Indianapolis are also run by a franchise.
They may well be, but they have never limited my selection on one ways, which is every trip to IND for me.
Old Aug 20, 2014, 12:48 pm

Any new reports?

Any new reports on this location? I'm headed there 9/12-9/15. I loathe renting at CMH because the selection or lack thereof. Like someone else said, I hate to deviate, but usually the only choosing you do at CMH is the color of Malibu or Cruze you want.
Old Sep 4, 2014, 11:52 am

Programs: DL Diamond, CO Gold, US Silver, Natl Exec, Hertz #1, Avis Preferred, Elite w/ All US Hotel Programs
Rented twice recently. Inventory was exactly the same both times.

Executive aisle :

Captiva Captiva Captiva Captiva Equinox Captiva Malibu

Emerald aisle:

Cruze Cruze Cruze Cruze Cruze Cruze Cruze Cruze Cruze
Old Sep 7, 2014, 10:18 am

Programs: AA PLT, WN A+ (and Sometimes CP) | Hilton Diamond | Avis Preferred | National Car Exec
I wonder if this would work at CMH:

Ask them if you can rent from the one-way aisle, because although you booked it as round trip (returning to CMH), your plans "might" change... then they'd let you pick out of that corporate aisle...

I rented from CMH and was on a one-way, and got a nice Jetta (under 5K miles), and another time got a Durango. Local CMH you get - as Mistress Kai said - your choice of Cruze/Malibu color (blech).
Old Oct 17, 2014, 1:10 pm

Glad I came here and Yelp before I rented through here. The EA choices appear to be to be well below the standards across the board. A real shame, because I enjoy renting from National.

Anyone know if Hertz or Avis is the better way to go as far as upgrades and selection?
Old Oct 27, 2014, 10:15 am

10/16/14: EA had two gold cruzes. They were both fairly dinged up. The one I grabbed had 15k miles and 7/8 tank. I mention it on the way out and the agent said "I'll note that" (not sure for what).

Man, this location is downright terrible but unfortunately I needed an extra credit this time.
Old Oct 27, 2014, 7:18 pm

Programs: WN A-List, AA EXP, Hyatt Top Tier (definitely NOT a Globalist), National Exec Elite
This National location is like a Mentos commercial. It's so bad...that it's almost good.

The lot employees are at least friendly if completely unable to do anything other than process you out. Strangely enough, the station manager is actually excellent and has hooked me up with better cars on several occasions (mostly corporate one-ways, as locally they want you to take an owned car).

Check in is almost always friendly and efficient.

Yes, unless as an EE you luck into a new Impala, you are probably stuck with a base Equinox or Malibu. And yes, EA folks are getting a Cruze. But weekend rates are low, it's a franchise but it accepts coupons, and if you link up with the right people you may get the hook up.

So bad that it's almost good.
Old Oct 27, 2014, 7:30 pm

Location: USA - HNL, SEA, DEN, ORD, MCO, and all points inbetween
Programs: Way too many!
CMH is a location where I deviate. I rent from Budget and usually get a Kia Optima (which I actually like very much). Too many years of bad selections at National there.
Old Nov 2, 2014, 9:10 pm

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, AAdvantage, Southwest, HHonors, National
I had a standard SUV reservation but ended being directed to the ES section. Most of ES were SUVs anyway but consisted mostly of Captivas with a smattering of Equinoxes and a Buick Encore. Almost settled for a Captiva but spotted a Subaru Outback instead.
Old Nov 20, 2014, 1:11 pm

I just rented from here at 2 PM on 11/14-11/20 and returned the car to the CMH location as well. I'm just EA but I found the selection of cars to be OK. They had a new Chrysler 200 which I think looks pretty good in black but I went for a 2014 Nissan Maxima. I love the power in this car so I couldn't pass on it.

It was awesome, so much power. But that 200 did make me do a double take.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.