Cars at SJC

Old Jan 18, 2016, 12:42 pm

Programs: DL PM 0.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, Avis PC, National EE, Hertz PC
1/18 - 11:30AM

ES - 300, Camero, minivans (Kia or Dodge), Azera (No SD card)
EA - Minivan city, the usual 200 and boring FCAR.

Nice to see a change in variety of cars...usually I just see sedans on the Aisle and nothing else.

Snagged a Buick Enclave just as I was about to leave in the 300. Annoying that the greeter wouldn't let me take a new 300C in the Premium section due to a "VIP"
Old Jan 19, 2016, 9:04 pm

Programs: DL PM 0.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, Avis PC, National EE, Hertz PC
1/19 - 8PM

1x Navigator for upgrade

ES - Altima City, 1x minivan, 1x Suburban.
Old Jan 28, 2016, 9:30 pm

Programs: Starwood Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, Southwest Companion Pass
In the luxury section, I had a choice of Lexus CT Hybrid, or 2016 Cadillac XTS.
Hands down went with the XTS. Leather, bose, nice ride.
Old Jun 11, 2016, 1:19 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, National Executive, Alaska MVP
Anyone noticed any FS SUV floating around in ES at this location lately? The last couple times I had to pay to upgrade to a suburban here, while everywhere else I've been to FS SUV are always found in ES, especially SAN.
Old Jun 11, 2016, 5:26 pm

Originally Posted by dannieboiz
Anyone noticed any FS SUV floating around in ES at this location lately? The last couple times I had to pay to upgrade to a suburban here, while everywhere else I've been to FS SUV are always found in ES, especially SAN.
I have never seen a full size SUV at ES in SJC. Agreed with the upgrade fee. The car agent waived it for me once though when I told him I had a 2 week rental and the upgrade fees...well it would have been too much ^.
Old Jun 13, 2016, 10:26 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, National Executive, Alaska MVP
Originally Posted by kxc262
I have never seen a full size SUV at ES in SJC. Agreed with the upgrade fee. The car agent waived it for me once though when I told him I had a 2 week rental and the upgrade fees...well it would have been too much ^.
The management/employee here are trained to upsell everything. I'll keep yall posted in a couple days of how it goes when I pick up the vehicle. Since it's not a holiday week, I don't expect heavy FS SUV rentals so maybe I'll get lucky.
Old Aug 24, 2016, 7:44 am
JCN

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Explorist, National Exec
Bumping this thread to see what type of luck anyone has had lately. I'll be picking up a car here tomorrow morning. Will report back.
Old Aug 25, 2016, 12:25 pm
JCN

Arrived around 10am. Zero cars in the emerald aisle and ONE in the executive aisle and it was a FIAT. I politely declined the Fiat and was offered a 2017 Lincoln MKC from the Luxury section at no upcharge.
Old Aug 26, 2016, 12:05 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Starwood Gold
Pretty impressed with the management here. Saw a Chrysler 300 in the Executive and asked if they could pull an Avalon instead or something PCAR. They got me a Maxima.
Old Aug 27, 2016, 12:03 pm

Programs: AA Gold
Originally Posted by dannieboiz
The management/employee here are trained to upsell everything.
I tend to agree with this assessment...though in all fairness to the staff here, I think this only applies to infrequent or leisure renters. Once it is clear to them that you're Executive, they almost always waive the upgrade fee.
Old Sep 6, 2016, 7:39 am
JCN

I'm happy to say my experience at SJC on Thursday morning (late morning, around 11am) was entirely different than my last. Both aisles were filled and we had our choice of vehicles. Everything you would expect was there in abundance: Challengers, Chargers, Camrys, the odd Ford Transits, Jeep & Dodge crossovers, etc. I took a very nice and somewhat new Kia Sorrento for the day.
Old Oct 8, 2016, 6:39 am

Programs: AA PLT PRO, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plt. Premier
Any recent experiences at SJC ? I have a 20 day rental starting tomorrow hoping for something nice.
Old Oct 8, 2016, 11:58 am

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Originally Posted by dgparent
Any recent experiences at SJC ? I have a 20 day rental starting tomorrow hoping for something nice.
Aisle seems to vary greatly, but ask someone and they might be willing to pull up something. They pulled up a decent Regal for me which was still better than what they had out (and I guess is technically a Premium). The last time I was there I got a Lacrosse from the aisle.
Old Oct 8, 2016, 2:16 pm

Originally Posted by dgparent
I'll be there later today or tomorrow. SJC has the best aisle in the bay area imo. SFO is always empty or full of 200.

SJC has a good selection but YMMV as always.
Old Oct 13, 2016, 8:18 am
JCN

I've seen both empty and full aisles at SJC. Seems that the usual morning rushes will burn through the inventory and by 11am they are empty (this has been my experience). Probably best to get there early or after everything is filled back up.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.