Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at SJC

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2014, 12:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Picked up tonight, the EA had a really interesting selection.. 4 mini vans, 2 pick up's, 2 Tahoe's, a Suburban, A couple of Altima S's, Older Impala's and a couple of new Impala's (I too one a LTZ) camry's, Sonata, Chargers and challengers. I miss the days of 300C's and LaCrosses....
Old Jun 13, 2014, 1:23 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, National Executive, Alaska MVP
has anyone been here lately? How's the selection like?
Old Jun 13, 2014, 1:41 pm

Programs: DL PM 0.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, Avis PC, National EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by dannieboiz
has anyone been here lately? How's the selection like?
Was there in April.

Saw XTS and new 300C in ES. Standard fare of Altima Camry FCAR in EA
If you don't see what you like, National can pull a car from the Enterprise side too. The branch managers are really nice here
Old Jun 13, 2014, 5:39 pm

Originally Posted by kxc262
Was there in April.

Saw XTS and new 300C in ES. Standard fare of Altima Camry FCAR in EA
If you don't see what you like, National can pull a car from the Enterprise side too. The branch managers are really nice here
any large vehicle with 3rd row seats or even minivan?
Old Jun 13, 2014, 9:11 pm

Programs: DL PM 0.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, Avis PC, National EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by dannieboiz
any large vehicle with 3rd row seats or even minivan?
Unfortunately I don't recall the exact cars but I do remember seeing some
mini vans. I'm almost certain that they have some Tahoes too but not on EA.
Old Jun 13, 2014, 11:45 pm

Programs: UA Gold MM, AA EXP, Delta Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HHonors Diamond, Natl EE, Hertz Platinum
Cars at SJC

Rent here a lot. Great staff. Lots of selection (unless you're arriving at peak times, in which case you may be lucky to get a car without waiting) and they're pretty flexible to pull from Enterprise or Alamo if you see something better. And a pretty good mix of luxury cars -- have gotten BMW 3-series, Mercedes C-Class, Cadillac ATS, Lincoln MKZ, Infiniti G37 and Q50, and Volvo S60 and XC60. ES usually stocked with Impalas, Altimas/Maximas, Malibus, Passats. Occasionally will see a Jeep or Tahoe there.
Old Jun 13, 2014, 11:55 pm

I'm picking up Sunday morning around 10am. I hear that larger vans and SUV are being snatched up quick these days cause the summer months.
Old Jul 1, 2014, 6:25 am

Programs: Skywards Platinum
Originally Posted by JohnnyP
Rent here a lot. Great staff. Lots of selection (unless you're arriving at peak times, in which case you may be lucky to get a car without waiting) and they're pretty flexible to pull from Enterprise or Alamo if you see something better. And a pretty good mix of luxury cars -- have gotten BMW 3-series, Mercedes C-Class, Cadillac ATS, Lincoln MKZ, Infiniti G37 and Q50, and Volvo S60 and XC60. ES usually stocked with Impalas, Altimas/Maximas, Malibus, Passats. Occasionally will see a Jeep or Tahoe there.
What class car are you booking to get the BMW/Mercedes/Infiniti? Luxury?

SJC is my home airport and I often have 1-day rentals at this location. I am 0 for 4 on asking for a car from Enterprise/Alamo. Usually its the guy hanging out in the parking lot that has a thick accent that says "Sorry, nothing else available." and when I ask about cars from Enterprise/Alamo, he says "Sorry, we can't take cars from there."

Who are you all talking to in order to get them to pull cars from Enterprise/Alamo?
Old Jul 1, 2014, 4:07 pm

I think I'd be pretty annoyed to get a Volvo on an LCAR res, surely the S60 is a PCAR?
Old Jul 1, 2014, 4:21 pm

Programs: National Executive Elite, Avis Chairmans Club, Hertz Presidents Circle
2015 Volvo S60 is classed GXAR "Full Size Elite" which is considered a higher class than luxury. Other GXAR vehicles include:

Infiniti Q50
BMW 3 series
Audi A4
Lincoln MKS
VW Touraeg
Mercedes Benz C250
Old Jul 1, 2014, 6:29 pm

SJC is my home airport and I often have 1-day rentals at this location. I am 0 for 4 on asking for a car from Enterprise/Alamo. Usually its the guy hanging out in the parking lot that has a thick accent that says "Sorry, nothing else available." and when I ask about cars from Enterprise/Alamo, he says "Sorry, we can't take cars from there."

A while back, others said that National at SJC is an independent licensee. However, Enterprise, and possibly Alamo, is almost certainly corporate. Hence, whereas the cars are usually interchangeable between the 3 brands at other fully corporate-run locations, that might not be the case here.
Old Jul 1, 2014, 9:37 pm

It really depends on who you work with. They pulled a GLK for me last time from the National side (rented from Enterprise). You need to speak to the manager. Unfortunately, I forgot her name. 2 different managers for National and Enterprise btw.
Old Jul 2, 2014, 3:16 pm

Originally Posted by Tony King
2015 Volvo S60 is classed GXAR "Full Size Elite" which is considered a higher class than luxury
Ouch, it's nothing like as good a car nor as quite obviously a luxury car as something like a Cadillac CTS which is classified as LCAR. I cannot possibly see what about an S60 is a higher class than a CTS. It's about half the price to buy for a start!

As a car it's much closer to something like an Impala.
Old Jul 2, 2014, 4:27 pm

Programs: National Executive Elite, Avis Chairmans Club, Hertz Presidents Circle
Just my personal preference but I would take the Volvo any day over the CTS. The S60 was very comfortable inside, well optioned, and seemed to be solidly built.

Also the S60 starts around $32800, and the CTS is about $45100.

Personally I am glad they get a wide variety of different luxury cars. I would take a Volvo, Infiniti, BMW, or Benz any day over the Cadillac and Lincoln's. But then that is my personal preference. I seem to like the Japanese and German cars more than the American ones.

I hope they have a variety there so you will be happy with the one that you get.
Old Jan 2, 2015, 5:50 pm

Late on NYE; the owner (I assume, given his demeanor and that this is a franchise location) came over to apologize for the selection and expansively bade me pick from either aisle. That said, the selection was actually pretty decent. EA included a poverty-spec 200, a Jetta, a grey Altima (which you can read horror stories about on Yelp reviews for this location), a couple of Malibus; ES included a similarly base 200, a Passat of some ilk, a Camry, a Charger (cloth seats), and a Taurus Limited, which I happily took.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.