Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > National | Emerald Club
Reload this Page >

Cars at JAX (also: how to reserve a specific car)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at JAX (also: how to reserve a specific car)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2015, 6:31 am

Pick up on 17-Jan (Saturday) in the morning. As others have said, very small setup with a few EA, a few ES (all SUVs) and then some upsell cars.

EA had a small sedan and a Santa Fe and that was it, so the lot manager (by Enterprise) told me to take from executive which had a Pathfinder, Rav4 and Santa Fe. All 2015 models.

Took the Pathfinder which had a grand total of 300 miles on it, working XM, nice ride so far.

They also had some Mustang convertibles which I was told $25/day then lowered to $15/day but I stuck with the SUV.
Old Jun 29, 2015, 10:13 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Platinum, Avis PC
I picked up on Thursday, June 18th @ 10:30AM and the ES section had slim picking.

2x Journey
1x Equinox (which I took with <1K on it and working XM)
2x 300's
1x Charger

When I was driving away they were bringing up a minivan to park.
Old Dec 15, 2015, 10:28 pm

Programs: I fly for free.
Cars on the 11th -

Nothing special in the ES

Premium had a Base 300 and a Impala LT.

Upgrade section had:

300C (V6)
Q50
370Z
SRX

I took the 300C on a PCAR res with no upgrade charge.
Old Sep 6, 2016, 8:34 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott PP
Had over (it seemed like) 30 cars to choose from. It was the Tuesday before memorial Day. We took a Suburban LT for no additional charge.

2-3 mini-vans availiable. 5+ SUVs to include a 4runner and the suburban. Of note too, they had some Impalas but they were the base model. They had a 300 in an area outside of the picking area. I was about to ask about it but then I saw the Suburban.

Last edited by trekwars2000; Sep 6, 2016 at 8:39 am
Old Apr 11, 2017, 8:26 am

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, National EE, HH Diamond
I was there on Friday 4/7. ES was pretty limited. There were a few full size trucks available (Ford, Dodge and Nissan). I went with the Titan since I hadn't rented one before.
Old Oct 2, 2017, 2:08 pm

Just curious if anyone has traveled through JAX lately? Will be picking up a rental next week and curious what the selection has been like.
Old Oct 11, 2017, 9:58 am

Picked up on 10/10 and the lot was rather empty/busy at 12:00pm. Ended up with a Jaguar XF at no upgrade charge. There were also Mustang Convertible, Camaro Convertible, and several Dodge/Ford Pick Up trucks available. For limited selection, not a bad location.
Old Oct 18, 2018, 12:23 pm

Programs: Marriott Premier, Emerald Club, United
I'll be traveling through JAX in a couple of weeks....has anyone been here recently? Anything good in the Executive section?
Old Oct 23, 2018, 1:19 pm

Programs: National EE, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by BLTO
I'll be traveling through JAX in a couple of weeks....has anyone been here recently? Anything good in the Executive section?
I have been renting with the National in JAX since April. Results lately have been hit or miss, but I think my timing has been off recently. Mostly midsize SUVs (Rogue, Santa Fe, Outlander) in the Aisle, the occasional Pickup truck. My current rental in a Nissan Rogue SV. In the last few months I have had a Volvo V60, Nissan Maxima Platinum, Nissan Altima SV, Jeep Compass, Dodge Grand Caravan, 3x Ford Edge Titanium (my favorite ride), Ford Explorer Titanium.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 11:11 pm

Programs: Delta FO, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold
Results very poor lately. This location has really gone downhill. Only pickups and minivans tonight.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 6:07 pm

Last pick-up on 2/2, Aisle had standard sedans and a Jeep Wrangler. Exec had a minivan, a few pickup trucks, Tahoe with 20k miles, a couple of base 5 passenger SUVs, and a Toyota Highlander XLE with 4k miles
I haven’t seen my usual loaded Ford lineup. Maybe they have not yet received 2019 fleet?
Joonydell likes this.
Old Mar 20, 2019, 2:49 pm

Picked up Friday morning at 10am, and it was the worst Exec selection I've had at any National location. The area is very small, but there were only 4 cars there, plus a Highlander that didn't have a key. A few pickups (Tacomas), a Maxima, and an F150. Asked the manager, and there was supposedly nothing left - he said all cars had been reserved because of the PGA/Players tournament going on in Ponte Vedra last weekend.

I took the F150 since it had the most space for my group and our bags, but wasn't happy with it. 20k miles, dirty (half-smoked cigar in the door pocket), and in rough shape. I get that they're busy for the tournament weekend, but for Exec Selection this was poor. Won't make this mistake at JAX again.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 9:28 am

Programs: Hertz Presidents Circle, National EE, Lots of Stupid CCs&The I Am Crazy Enough To Actually Pay For F
Originally Posted by PlaneSense
Picked up Friday morning at 10am, and it was the worst Exec selection I've had at any National location. The area is very small, but there were only 4 cars there, plus a Highlander that didn't have a key. A few pickups (Tacomas), a Maxima, and an F150. Asked the manager, and there was supposedly nothing left - he said all cars had been reserved because of the PGA/Players tournament going on in Ponte Vedra last weekend.

I took the F150 since it had the most space for my group and our bags, but wasn't happy with it. 20k miles, dirty (half-smoked cigar in the door pocket), and in rough shape. I get that they're busy for the tournament weekend, but for Exec Selection this was poor. Won't make this mistake at JAX again.
Did you glance at the other agencies selection? Havent been through there in a while but it was always a dump.
Old Mar 22, 2019, 8:23 pm

Picked up today in Jax. Exec selection had mostly midsize SUVs, a Charger, 2 pickups, and an Impala. Grabbed a low mileage Jeep Cherokee from the regular aisle.
Old Mar 22, 2019, 8:26 pm

Originally Posted by bmw745ion19s
Did you glance at the other agencies selection? Havent been through there in a while but it was always a dump.
You picked the worst weekend possible. The Players + Spring Break in FL = booked rental fleets. Jax isn’t known for the luxury vehicles. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a BMW, Audi, Jag or anything else in the aisle. Closest I’ve ever seen is a Volvo v60. I have had success getting low mileage, higher optioned vehicles if I look closely. I recently swapped to Hertz and they have a few Infiniti and Land Rovers in the fleet but I imagine those are specifically reserved. JAX isn’t an Ultimate Choice location so vehicles are preassigned. Avis fleet is god awful.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.