Cars at YVR

Old Mar 12, 2017, 5:30 pm

Programs: AC SE100k, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver
Originally Posted by MNSWEEps
Any recent update on the ES choices? I badly need a full size SUV the week of July 4 (Monday pickup). Do you guys think the chances are high to get a full size SUV on Monday?

we are 4 adult and 2 child so a minivan or a full size car like Taurus should also suffice.
I am back down to EmeraldClub status.

Does the EA have minivans and/or small SUV's?
Old Mar 17, 2017, 10:08 am

New member here, please don't bite! I was looking at booking a rental at YVR for 2 weeks in August. The price at YVR is rather steep ($900) but i'm getting a price of about half that at the Sandman Hotel branch. Does anyone know if this location is still open, though? I was under the impression it was closed...
Old Apr 15, 2017, 10:14 pm

Programs: UA, AA, SW, Hilton, Hertz, Dollar, National (new Fav)
Arrived on the 8th right after 9 am.

Both Aisle and Ex were full of the usual stuff. The aisle had 1-minivan and all cars- the usual Altimas and Sonat's (mostly fulls)

Since I was hoping for a mid-SUV on the aisle, I didn't really pay attention to the cars were in Exe except for 2-Edges that I really wanted to take and see if I could make it through the exit on my EA resv.

I thought better of it and decided to use my back-up resv with Alamo and got a Hyundai Tucson with 25K+ Km from Alberta, but still in good shape. Had the panaramic roof and handled pretty well, since it had the 1.6T engine.
Old Apr 18, 2017, 5:01 pm
s3n

Programs: Avis First, Hertz Gold, National EE
Originally Posted by ohms12
New member here, please don't bite! I was looking at booking a rental at YVR for 2 weeks in August. The price at YVR is rather steep ($900) but i'm getting a price of about half that at the Sandman Hotel branch. Does anyone know if this location is still open, though? I was under the impression it was closed...
The Sandman location is closed and National and Alamo have moved to the Enterprise location at the Pan Pacific.
Old Apr 20, 2017, 6:07 pm

Programs: AAexp, AC75k, HertzPC, NationalEE, Accor/MariottP, Hilton/HyattG
Hello,

What is the difference between cruise ship drop off in Vancouver and Pan Pacific? They both look to be pretty much the same location.

Need to pick up at YVR, go to whistler, drive back to vancouver harbour and catch either the helijet/harbour air to YYJ and I'm curious if picking one or the other makes a difference.
Old May 8, 2017, 11:51 am

I was here on Friday

ES had a '17 Cadillac XTS(which I took), a Ford Flex Limited, Santa Fe and that was it. Slim pickings.
Old May 9, 2017, 3:23 am

Yep I pick up on Fridays as well

Very slim but I asked for an Audi or Benz and there was an A4 that got dropped off and they gave me that
Old May 12, 2017, 12:04 pm

Hey everyone,

Just booked through a german broker a Fullsize SUV (Tahoe) from 16th July till 31st July for (i think) good price of €1050 with all insurances.
What car could i expect to get? Tahoe or are those usually not available and what will i get then?
Old Jun 7, 2017, 7:29 pm

Programs: National Exec Elite, AA ConciergeKey (Former US Chairmans...), Lufthansa HON Circle, JAL JGC Diamond
Question

Hi all,

Picking up from YVR for the first time, I've always picked up either PDX/SEA and driven in. Question is, I see the rental policy is worded differently in the fine print about deposit. As an EE in the USA, when I use the app and bypass the counter Natl only holds the amount of the estimated rental charges. The rental policy for YVR however says $200 plus the cost of rental.

Should I expect to see the larger hold, or will it be the same exact as renting in the USA? Is this just a counter/non-emerald checkout policy?

Thank you!
Old Jun 7, 2017, 8:32 pm

Originally Posted by SuperPickyNationalExecElite
Hi all,

Picking up from YVR for the first time, I've always picked up either PDX/SEA and driven in. Question is, I see the rental policy is worded differently in the fine print about deposit. As an EE in the USA, when I use the app and bypass the counter Natl only holds the amount of the estimated rental charges. The rental policy for YVR however says $200 plus the cost of rental.

Should I expect to see the larger hold, or will it be the same exact as renting in the USA? Is this just a counter/non-emerald checkout policy?

Thank you!
Idk I've rented exclusively in the US and the deposit varies a lot. It's been sometimes only the res amount, sometimes $200 and once was $1,000 because it was a 7 series.
Old Jun 7, 2017, 9:50 pm

Programs: AC SE, HH Gold, Marriott Titanium, National EE, Sixt Platinum, Hertz PC, AVIS PC
Originally Posted by SuperPickyNationalExecElite
Hi all,

Thank you!
Only the estimated charges as a hold. I rented using a free day last weekend.. the hold was $2.75.

Ron.
Old Jun 8, 2017, 2:15 am

Programs: Skywards Platinum
Was just at this location this past Sunday. ES had some good cars, an Infiniti (don't recall the model, was a smallish SUV), 300C, the standard SUVs and full-size cars, and there was a Mercedes E300 which I took.
Old Jun 8, 2017, 3:23 am

Programs: National Exec Elite, AA ConciergeKey (Former US Chairmans...), Lufthansa HON Circle, JAL JGC Diamond
Originally Posted by newfbc
Only the estimated charges as a hold. I rented using a free day last weekend.. the hold was $2.75.

Ron.
Thank you, Ron! Was that out of YVR as well? Very nice use of the free day (2.75 hold), once I had a $0.60 rental for a 2017 Camaro SS Convertible using free days
Old Aug 28, 2017, 10:00 am

Anyone notice the aisle selection isn't bookable online for YVR? I know they have executive selection but the website usually shows you can pick aisle when you book the midsize car but it hasn't showed up for me all summer. Is aisle gone for summer due to demand?

UPDATE : Looks like Aisle is back nvm. Will be here Saturday.

Last edited by SKYEG; Aug 31, 2017 at 1:41 am
Old Sep 5, 2017, 1:07 pm

Programs: AC SE, HH Gold, Marriott Titanium, National EE, Sixt Platinum, Hertz PC, AVIS PC
YVR location has just started adding a $5/day 'Customer Facility Charge'. This is in addition to the 17.21% 'Premium Location Charge'.

I guess they want to pay for the new booth they just built.

Ron.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.