Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at PHL

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2015, 2:14 pm

Originally Posted by gooselee
Was making my monthly bookings for PHL and somehow the PCAR rate for one week was lower than the FCAR rate.

I booked it, but then realized that whenever I get off the shuttle, all I see is the crappy EA/ES.

So, apologies for the dumb question, but where is the ER-PREM aisle at PHL? Or do I have to request from the lot attendant? Given the usual crappy selection on the aisle, I'm probably going to want to be picky on this one.
The lot attendant will guide you to the area and retrieve the keys to whichever vehicle you choose.
Old May 4, 2015, 6:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by Ritz
The lot attendant will guide you to the area and retrieve the keys to whichever vehicle you choose.
Ahh, got it.

In other news, picked up yesterday, Sunday, around 10pm.

EA:
Jeep Compass
Some minivans
A handful of Nissans - I think Sentras. Didn't look.

ES:
Town & Country
Old, smelly Equinox
Camrys
Old Impala LT
3 new Sonatas that everyone made a beeline for

This continues to be a sad, sad station...
Old Dec 28, 2015, 7:42 pm

Recent Cars/SUV

Has anyone been to PHL lately? What cars have you seen on the EA/ES side?

I'm picking up 1/8/16.
Old Dec 28, 2015, 9:32 pm

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
Originally Posted by justcallmespice
Has anyone been to PHL lately? What cars have you seen on the EA/ES side?

I'm picking up 1/8/16.
I picked up a Jeep Compass with XM there last week. There was not much selection of SUV/Small SUV's which I normally look for.
Old Mar 21, 2016, 9:11 pm

Arrived on Sunday 3/20, around 6pm. I didn't really look at the EA, but from first glance it looked like pick your FCAR.

ES had a few Sonatas, a Mustang convertible, an old Expedition that I passed up (had flex fuel badge and pre-facelift), a Hyundai Santa Fe. I didn't look that far because I grabbed a 2016 Acadia SLT with 1200 miles that was only 8-10 cars down in the front row.
Old Jun 6, 2016, 2:35 pm

Programs: United 1K, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite, Hertz President's Circle
Picked up early last week. Here's what I can remember:

The EA had:
• Ford Transit Connect (many many many many of them)
• VW Beetle
• Jeep Compass (a few)
• Jeep Cherokee
• Fiat 500
• Hyundai Sonata
• Minivans (multiple)

In my waiting around the ES, the following cars were on or brought out to the ES:
• Ford Expedition (2 or 3 w/cloth)
• Ford Taurus Limited
• Dodge Charger (x3) - 1 with a HEMI
• Dodge Challenger (x2)
• Ford F150 Quad (x2)
• Chevy Silverado Quad (x2)
• Ford Mustang Convertible (x3)
• Minivans (multiple)
• Ford Explorer

I had the keys for a brand new charger and was just waiting to see if anything exciting came around. A porter asked if I needed help and I just informed him that I was waiting to see if anything worthwhile was coming out. He asked what I wanted and I indicated something sporty or fun. He said he'd take a look at what's in the cleaning cue. He was back in about 2-3 minutes with another car and asked if a drop top Mustang would suffice. I thought so, since the weather was to be nice for the week and he said to give him about 5 minutes. In 5-minutes, he was back with a drop top Mustang...a 5.0 drop top 2016 Mustang GT with ~5,000 miles on it. He dropped the top for me, I tipped him and was on my way. He even put the cooling seats on for me. It's great when the aisle works in my favor. Very nice car.
Attached Images  
SoroSuub1 likes this.

Last edited by 91StealthES; Jun 6, 2016 at 2:56 pm Reason: added photo
Old Jul 17, 2016, 2:34 pm

Has anyone rented at PHL recently? Curious what their inventory consists of in Executive Aisle? Thanks!
Old Jul 21, 2016, 9:42 pm

Programs: AA Gold
Originally Posted by kmt381
Has anyone rented at PHL recently? Curious what their inventory consists of in Executive Aisle? Thanks!
I was there last Saturday around 6pm. Total chaos. Emerald Aisle and Executive Aisle were almost empty with most of the cars there with "Sorry no key" written on them. In the rest of the lot, HUGE number of cars with "PM" written on them (waiting for maintenance to be done). The poor guys working the lot were trying to do their best with what they had, but it's pretty clear that management is dropping the ball big time here. I wouldn't rent from here again considering 30th St Station is much more of a pleasant experience with much better staffing.
Old Nov 4, 2016, 6:59 am

Any updates for this location? I am picking up a vehicle next Weds. Is it pretty easy to get to the National lot? I have not been here to pick up a car and wanted to make sure I when I arrive from my flight.
Old Nov 4, 2016, 7:27 am

Programs: AA ExP, Marriott Amb, National EAE, Hilton Diamond, SPG Plat (RIP), US CP (RIP)
Originally Posted by mike929
Any updates for this location? I am picking up a vehicle next Weds. Is it pretty easy to get to the National lot? I have not been here to pick up a car and wanted to make sure I when I arrive from my flight.
Get on shuttle bus outside baggage claim. Given a Cadillac XTS last month when the Executive aisle was empty.

Last edited by Segments; Nov 4, 2016 at 7:39 am
Old Nov 4, 2016, 7:32 am

Good enough, thank you sir *Segments

I also looked up the info on the site. I made dual reservations (Sixt and National), hoping they have a nice selection.
Old Nov 13, 2016, 4:51 pm

Picked up a Ford Explorer Limited from PHL. It was a pretty nice rental.

Random assortment

Buick Enclave
Sante Fe
Pacifica
Town & Country
Suburban
Expedition
Old Dec 17, 2016, 1:00 pm

Arrived at 04:00 on a Sunday night/Monday morning. An assortment of un-remarkable cars, and a Chevy Tahoe LT with 2000 miles. The Tahoe was the obvious choice.

Last edited by SouthernCross; Dec 17, 2016 at 8:35 pm
Old May 2, 2017, 1:11 pm

Programs: * A
any recent updates for PHL? have a reservation coming up next month, just curious.
Old Jun 28, 2017, 10:47 am

Programs: * A
Originally Posted by noirpepper
any recent updates for PHL? have a reservation coming up next month, just curious.
so ended up going to PHL-30 instead of PHL. PHL-30 had the X3 and regular selection of Chargers. Nothing exciting to post.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.