Cars at PHL

Old May 15, 2014, 11:33 am

Programs: DL PM 0.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, Avis PC, National EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by jMe1
Range Rovers and anything that could qualify for the Enterprise Prestige collection will never be rented without paying full price. It would get the employee fired.
YMMV in my opinion. I had an LCAR rental with Enterprise, and got a free upgrade to an Escalade with 3k miles ^ all for a good rate which was definitely way under full price.
This is because they had no LCARs though.
Old May 15, 2014, 2:45 pm

I believe he was referring to seeing a Range Rover at Hertz.
Old May 15, 2014, 8:06 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

On the shuttle bus after returning today Thursday 5/15 @ 11 am - it appeared that EA / ES was pretty well stocked, couldn't really see what the selection was though.

On an interesting note that I pulled up behind a VW Golf at return - first time I ever saw one at National.
Old May 21, 2014, 10:29 pm

Wednesday evening

EA: Passats, Captivas (one LTZ that had an awful musty smell), two minivans and a few more
ES: Some Impala Ltds (ugh), Malibus (one LTZ that had <300 odo), Camrys and Altimas. There was a 7-seater SUV (I think it was a Hyundai)

I asked if there were any Ford Fusions around, not today... After finding out that the Captiva smelt terrible, I was about to go for new Malibu, when the agent pulled up an Azera, and I decided to give it a shot
Old Jun 22, 2014, 5:09 pm

Programs: AA Million Miler, Mosaic, Delta Platinum
About noon on Friday - Executive Service aisle. Five or 6 Altimas, a Hyundai Sonata (stains on the back seat and smelled bad), 4-5 smaller SUVs including Jeep and Hyundai. I wound up with Ford Fusion with 1000 miles on it. Good car that still had new car smell + satellite radio.
Old Jul 6, 2014, 3:34 pm

Programs: BA Gold LH Silver PriorityClub Platinum
Availability on a Sunday Evening

Just wondering what the availability and choice of upgrades is like on a Sunday evening
Thanks
Old Jul 7, 2014, 10:50 am

I always see Taurus' and Explorers at Philly in the Executive isles.
Old Oct 9, 2014, 6:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Cars at PHL

Random question: Anyone know (approximately) what the postpay fuel rate is at PHL right now?

Usually fill up at the Wawa before returning but my client just extended a meeting that will have me cutting it close for my flight home. As long as it's not like $9/gal I'll pay it, just curious what ballpark to expect.
Old Oct 9, 2014, 6:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Cars at PHL

Also to contribute: Picked up around 8pm Sunday. Lots of new Impalas and Fusions, along with small Chevy SUVs and some nice midsized all on ES. I was in a hurry so didn't get a full inventory, but drove off with a very nice 2015 Impala LTZ with under 2k miles on it.
Old Oct 16, 2014, 1:32 am

Originally Posted by gooselee
Random question: Anyone know (approximately) what the postpay fuel rate is at PHL right now?

Usually fill up at the Wawa before returning but my client just extended a meeting that will have me cutting it close for my flight home. As long as it's not like $9/gal I'll pay it, just curious what ballpark to expect.
It was $5.39/gal as of the end of Sept.
Old Oct 16, 2014, 8:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Ritz
It was $5.39/gal as of the end of Sept.
Thanks. Mid-$5 seems "reasonable" for what it is..so good to know for the future. FWIW, was just at LGA and it was something like $5.70.

As it happened, the traffic gods were with me and I was able to squeeze a fuel run in last week, so ended up being a non-issue. ^
Old Feb 16, 2015, 1:45 pm

Programs: National Executive Elite, Marriott Bonfire Titanium, Hilton Gold, United Premier Silver, Hertz PC
Sat, Feb 14 ~10:30 am

EA
- Boatload of 200 in all trims
- Fusions SE/Titanium
- Some more 200
- Fiesta (not loaded) SE - Also a CCAR
- Corollas
- Other unremarkable stuff

ES
- 1 Azera (Never saw one before, had a look and seemed kind of boring, perhaps it was a lower trim)
- Fusions
- Hyundai SUVs
- Craptiva
- '14 mustang hardtop
- Impala new style
- Patriot
- Wrangler soft top

Ended up with a '15 Volvo XC60 T5 AWD from reserve, perfect for the cold/snowy roads. I was disappointed that it didn't have a rear cam/sensors. Active SXM and nav though ^
Old Mar 30, 2015, 8:54 pm

Programs: AA ExP, Marriott Amb, National EAE, Hilton Diamond, SPG Plat (RIP), US CP (RIP)
Cars at PHL

Anyone seen any large SUV in the Executive aisle lately?

Thanks in advance.
Old Mar 31, 2015, 8:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Segments
Anyone seen any large SUV in the Executive aisle lately?

Thanks in advance.
Was there Sunday night. Only SUVs on EA/ES were a tired looking Craptiva and a puke orange Santa Fe that didn't even look like it'd been washed. They often have a couple Tahoes parked to the side, but every time I ask about them the attendant says they are reserved. Not even available for UG.

PHL is one of the worst aisle locations, IMO. Every so often you can get a new Impala with cloth seats, or if you're really lucky a Fusion Titanium or Buick or something with leather and more creature comforts. But usually it's an old Impala, Wrangler, or Altima even on ES. And I can't remember the last time I had a car here with <10k miles on it.

My biggest comparisons are IAD, MCO, and ATL where I seem to have very good luck with nearly new, well trimmed vehicles of whatever size I want. I was even able to get a new Suburban LTZ at MCO during spring break week - never even seen one of those at PHL.
Old Apr 29, 2015, 9:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Was making my monthly bookings for PHL and somehow the PCAR rate for one week was lower than the FCAR rate.

I booked it, but then realized that whenever I get off the shuttle, all I see is the crappy EA/ES.

So, apologies for the dumb question, but where is the ER-PREM aisle at PHL? Or do I have to request from the lot attendant? Given the usual crappy selection on the aisle, I'm probably going to want to be picky on this one.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.