Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at TPA

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2010, 9:16 am

Programs: AA EXP/2MM, HH Gold, MR Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite
Picked up last Friday in late afternoon. EA and ES were full. Lots of options: Malibu's, Camry's, Chargers, etc. Didn't see any Mustangs or other convertibles. Many cars w/Sirius.
Old Oct 6, 2010, 8:36 pm

Programs: WN Nothing and spending the half million points from too many flights, Hilton Diamond
Picked up about 2 hours ago. In the ES section there was a 300, a Camry, a plethora of Impalas and one Maroon Charger. I took the charger as they usually have Sat radio.

As I was rolling to the gate I noticed that the car had 2 miles on the odometer. This is the second time in three weeks that I have gotten a "just off the truck" Charger. The agent at the gate had to enter the thing into inventory. I turned on the radio and the Sirius had not been initialized. While I sat at the first traffic signal, the satellite made the connection and we were good to go.

More news from TPA: effective 11-3 they will be located in the airport with everyone else. I am assuming no more flagging the van at the Ground Transportation door. I hope this is a good change.
Old Oct 7, 2010, 1:46 pm

Programs: Ozark Go-Getters Gold, Statler Star Silver, others from a variety of alternate timelines
Originally Posted by InkUnderNails
More news from TPA: effective 11-3 they will be located in the airport with everyone else. I am assuming no more flagging the van at the Ground Transportation door. I hope this is a good change.
I wonder if that means National/Alamo are swapping locations with Enterprise, which is currently in the airport. It doesn't seem like there's enough room for the "aisle" setup in the on-airport rental car area, but maybe they're making more room, or maybe I'm wrong, or a combination of both.
Old Oct 11, 2010, 7:52 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton and Wyndham Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Delta Plat, United Silver, Hertz PC
If anybody is getting a luxury, they just got in some new STS's. I got one yesterday with 2 miles on the odo. I put in the Nav disc and now I have GPS also.
Old Oct 14, 2010, 11:08 am

I just rented a Premium Car through priceline.com and I ended up with Alamo as the renting agency.

Are the cars at Alamo/National the same? The lady at TPA National said they are...

If they are the same, what kind of cars can I expect in the Premium Class? Can I pick my own car? I'd need a car with a fold down rear-seat.

Thanks in advance!
Old Oct 19, 2010, 9:48 am

This past Thursday (10/14) there was a large selection of Chargers, including STS's on executive. Were also a couple of Camrys. I took a Toyota Venza off EA. EA also had a Kia Soul, a Jeep and a bunch of other cars that didn't stand out.

Steve
Old Oct 20, 2010, 7:10 am

Programs: Marriot Platinum, SAS eurobonus silver
Visited National yesterday and had reservation for luxury. There was only one car to choose from, Lincoln Town Car but it suited our purposes perfectly so took it.

in ES there was STS's, some other Cadillacs and some Chevy SUVs.
Old Oct 20, 2010, 9:05 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by t0ahakol
Visited National yesterday and had reservation for luxury. There was only one car to choose from, Lincoln Town Car but it suited our purposes perfectly so took it.

in ES there was STS's, some other Cadillacs and some Chevy SUVs.
If you wanted one of the Cadillacs, you would have been able to take it - even though it was in ES since that's kind of a self-downgrade.
Old Oct 29, 2010, 5:05 pm

I'm an Emerald Club member and have a luxury car reserved for April.

I'm not a big fan of the Chrysler 300 which I had to take in 2009. Last year I made 2 reservations with the second being for a cheaper car and got a Charger, another car I just don't like driving.

I'm wondering if I should create a second reservation this year also just in case there aren't and Caddy's or Lincolns.

Does anyone know what cars have satellite radio, I know the 300 and Charge did and I liked that feature.

Thanks
Old Dec 3, 2010, 7:49 pm

Just pick up a car at TPA on 3 DEC 10 @ 5:30pm. Went over to the garage on United's baggage side. What a small Executive Selection! Someone beat me to the Buick Enclave and the rest were the standard cars. I asked the guy in the booth about the small selection and he asked if I wanted a 300 in the premium section.

As I was walking over there, I began to talk with the station manager, Dave about the small size of the lot compared to the remote lot. After chatting, he found out I already have 33 rentals this year and I was a little disappointed with the small selection. He said how about that new 2011 Jeep Grand Cheroke? I said sure!
He went back to the counter to get the keys and off I went a happy camper.

As I was checking out, the agent in the booth said the other garage (by Delta's baggage claim) was larger with 3 check out booths vs 1, and there is a bigger selection of cars. I know where I'm going to get a car next time I'm in TPA.
Safe Travels!
Old Feb 7, 2011, 7:15 am

Programs: Avis President's Club, Delta Gold Medallion
I was just there 2/4/11 thru 2/6/11, and needless to say I was very dissapointed in the ES aisle. I ended up grabbing a Mazda CX9. The only options were a couple of Impalas, a Jeep Compass, and a Nissan Frontier pick-up truck.
Old Feb 8, 2011, 9:17 pm

Originally Posted by peteropny
If you wanted one of the Cadillacs, you would have been able to take it - even though it was in ES since that's kind of a self-downgrade.
So if you have a luxury reservation you can take any car they have ?
Old Feb 9, 2011, 9:04 am

Originally Posted by flyer4512
So if you have a luxury reservation you can take any car they have ?
Not "any" but the Cadillacs are luxury category anyways - you can certainly take them. Especially since ES only requires a full-size reservation (for Executive and Executive Elite members).
Old Feb 10, 2011, 9:43 pm

Originally Posted by peteropny
Not "any" but the Cadillacs are luxury category anyways - you can certainly take them. Especially since ES only requires a full-size reservation (for Executive and Executive Elite members).
Ok so I have a luxury reservation for TPA in April, I go direct to the luxury Aisle and can take any car there correct ? I'm just a regular National Member as I only rent once or twice a year

Hopefully they have some caddies and Lincolns as last time I got stuck with a 300
Old Feb 11, 2011, 8:30 am

Originally Posted by flyer4512
Ok so I have a luxury reservation for TPA in April, I go direct to the luxury Aisle and can take any car there correct ? I'm just a regular National Member as I only rent once or twice a year

Hopefully they have some caddies and Lincolns as last time I got stuck with a 300
Yes!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.