Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars in EA/ES at CLE

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2012, 8:28 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA Silver, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat
I booked here about a month ago. They were almost sold out so they gave me a 2012 Buick Enclave SUV. 2 weeks later, I got a memo from them stating it was damaged in the rear. I'm fighting it as there was no damage on the car and they failed to tell me there was any damage when I turned it in.

I'm willing to forgive their lack of cars. Their attitude here when I picked the car up made up for it.
Old Aug 17, 2012, 2:34 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Was it a red Enclave? I ended up with that one when I picked up a car real late Monday night. It was either the Enclave or a minivan.
Old Aug 18, 2012, 3:55 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Silver, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat
No, it was a light tan colored one.
Old Feb 12, 2013, 5:41 pm

Programs: Skymiles, AAdvantage, MileagePlus, Emerald Executive, Priority Club
Any updates on the current inventory at CLE?
Old Feb 13, 2013, 8:27 am

Programs: UA Plt /Delta DM/ Marriott Platinum Prem./Hilton Diamond / Hyatt Globalist /Hertz PS / National EE
Do not rent at national if you are in cleveland!

Rented from here as an Executive Elite. There was garbage in the Executive aisle and all the cars that most places put in the Executive Aisle were sitting on the side with upgrade fees on them. They said they are a test market and NO DISCOUNTS ON UPGRADES FOR EXECUTIVE ELITE. I took my $205.00 weekly rental to Hertz, they matched the price, gave me the upgrade. Stay away form National Cleveland..trust me!
Old Feb 25, 2013, 7:43 am

Programs: Skymiles, AAdvantage, MileagePlus, Emerald Executive, Priority Club
Rented from CLE last week. The ES had:

2 Town and Countrys
Camaro
2 Malibus
Chevy Captiva

Parked next to the booth was a 300 and an SRX with a sign for $25/ upgrade. I noticed a Mustang convertible over in the EA. There was a Challenger in the full size section, and a few Suburbans in the full size SUVs.
Old Dec 13, 2013, 7:53 am

November 21, 2013.

EA was pretty thin. It looked like a had my choice of:
Malibu
Impala
Captiva

Just as I was about to get into the Impala, someone drove a Prius over from the wash. I took the Prius.
Old Dec 13, 2013, 1:21 pm

Programs: Globalist, Marriott Plat, various sundry
December 6, 2013

ES had a lot of Impalas and Altimas. A Dodge Challenger was there, as was a Ford Taurus, a Genesis (RWD) and an F-150.

Because of the weather (snow showers), I decided to stick with the Altima (I own one after they went CVT, so I'm very comfortable with the way it drives) that had Ohio plates. Pretty basic model, but comfortable enough for three people.

If I go back in the spring or fall, I might go with the Challenger or the Genesis.
Old Apr 11, 2014, 7:23 am

Programs: Hertz Presidents, National EE, Hilton Gold, United MP
1 x Challenger v6 with 200 miles
6 x Alitima
6 x Camry
1 x '14 Impala
8 x Ram 1500 4x4
6 x F-150
1 x Acadia
1 x Taurus
2 x Maxima
2 x Mazda CX5
2 x Edge
2 x Murano

1 x VW Touareg with 800 miles - I've never seen one of these at CLE, or damn near anywhere else. So I'll take that.
Old Jul 16, 2014, 10:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Anybody been through CLE recently? In addition to EA/ES, I'm wondering what cars they have available on the Premier Selection.
Old Aug 7, 2014, 12:04 pm

Originally Posted by javabytes
Anybody been through CLE recently? In addition to EA/ES, I'm wondering what cars they have available on the Premier Selection.
Depends on the day; they have the Infiniti QX60, Cadillac ATS's (various models), Volvos (wagon and S60 sedan), Cadillac XTS, new Yukon/Tahoe/Suburban, once in a blue moon a Navigator, and a few others off the top of my head. Is there a particular car you were curious about?
Old Aug 7, 2014, 6:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by Bolley
Depends on the day; they have the Infiniti QX60, Cadillac ATS's (various models), Volvos (wagon and S60 sedan), Cadillac XTS, new Yukon/Tahoe/Suburban, once in a blue moon a Navigator, and a few others off the top of my head. Is there a particular car you were curious about?
No, nothing in particular. Taking a weekend trip and flying into CLE. Got a $20-ish/day weekend rate, and I enjoy the opportunity to rent something fun for a few days, especially when my base rate is so low. Typically I go more for sporty than luxury; I enjoy the Challengers I can frequently find on the ES. So perhaps a Camaro or BMW Z4 or something along those lines. Nothing against luxury vehicles, as long as they don't drive like a dog.
Old Aug 9, 2014, 9:56 am

Originally Posted by javabytes
No, nothing in particular. Taking a weekend trip and flying into CLE. Got a $20-ish/day weekend rate, and I enjoy the opportunity to rent something fun for a few days, especially when my base rate is so low. Typically I go more for sporty than luxury; I enjoy the Challengers I can frequently find on the ES. So perhaps a Camaro or BMW Z4 or something along those lines. Nothing against luxury vehicles, as long as they don't drive like a dog.
Also on occasion, they have a BMW 3 series (though the models vary a bit).
Old Aug 24, 2014, 6:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thursday mid-afternoon, EA and ES were pretty picked over. Most popular car on the ES were Dodge, either Chargers or Ram 1500s. A Yukon and Suburban were the only options on the premier selection at $50/day. I went inside to ask what else they had and got a Tahoe sitting in the SUV section for $20/day. First time I had driven one of those... I was very impressed.

Better variety on the premier selection Sunday early afternoon - saw the ATS and XTS, as well as a Mustang and Challenger... fairly disappointing to see the latter there, that's the kind of vehicle I usually drive off the ES. The ES was still fairly boring... dominated by Nissan Maximas and a few other Chevy or Kia sedans, with a small handful of small SUVs mixed in.
Old May 21, 2015, 2:17 pm

Programs: Globalist, Marriott Plat, various sundry
Recent visit to Exec in CLE:

Jeep Cherokee Latitude (x5)
Numerous pickups
Camry SE
Altima S (multiple)
Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
Edge Titanium (x2 - I picked this one, had ~500 mi on it)
Bunch of forgettable cars

Approximately 30 cars in total (maybe more), over 4 rows.

Was looking for nice 5-seater crossover, so this worked just fine for me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.