Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at EWR

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2017, 11:20 am

Programs: AA EXP, AS 75K, UA 1MM Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Plat, National EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by yosseld
Thanks for the heads up. I'm planning to fly in next month on a Tuesday afternoon and I need to be able to get something spacious like an SUV /minivan. How much can I rely on that as an Executive?
Last month on a Saturday morning I was trying for the same thing. Can't speak to Tuesday afternoon. When I got there, there were no minivans on the exec aisle but lots of SUV's. Lots of cruddy Jeep crossovers, but also Santa Fe (plural Santa Fei? Santa Fes?), a Flex, and even a Tahoe. After inspecting the lot the Flex had the longest and most level cargo area when the seats were folded so I snagged that.
Old May 16, 2017, 8:27 pm

Programs: UA Plat, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by yosseld
Thanks for the heads up. I'm planning to fly in next month on a Tuesday afternoon and I need to be able to get something spacious like an SUV /minivan. How much can I rely on that as an Executive?
In my experience, there's almost always a 3 row suv/crossover available in the Executive area. Usually, it's an Explorer, Durango, Traverse, Acadia, Pathfinder, or Sorento. There are also a lot of cars parked behind the Emerald Aisle waiting to go onto the aisle so you can try asking for a car from that area too.

Last Saturday, I actually saw a bunch of minivans in the Executive section (Pacifica, Grand Caravan, Sedona) but the lot was jammed with cars and they probably had no where else to put them.
Old May 30, 2017, 9:32 pm

Programs: UA Gold (soon to be Plat), National Exec, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
ES/EA updates after MDW?

Hello FTers,

Was wondering if anyone has gone through EWR after mem day and could give a clue as to what is on ES or EA. I am debating whether to keep my National res or my Silvercar res. Silvercar is $50 more for the 4 days, but guaranteed an A4. I've got a long drive from NJ to RI so trying to get the most comfortable ride possible.

Thanks in advance!
Old May 31, 2017, 7:57 pm

Originally Posted by kky2003
Hello FTers,

Was wondering if anyone has gone through EWR after mem day and could give a clue as to what is on ES or EA. I am debating whether to keep my National res or my Silvercar res. Silvercar is $50 more for the 4 days, but guaranteed an A4. I've got a long drive from NJ to RI so trying to get the most comfortable ride possible.

Thanks in advance!
For 50 bucks more for all 4 days, I'd go with silvercar. A4's at national are always parked in the upgrade area, sometimes with a upgrade price tag, sometime without one. Especially if they have the 2017 model, which drives really nicely.

Last weekend the lot was pretty bare because of the holidays and ES/EA had lots of huge trucks like Expedition, Yukon XL, Armada, F150, Titan, along with a bunch of minivans and a HEMI Challenger.
Old Jul 4, 2017, 3:52 pm

Tuesday 7/4:

EA and ES were full of compact/midsize SUV's like Encore, Rogue, Escape, Patriot, Renegade, Sante Fe Sport.

Not much to distinguish between EA and ES other than ES had a Traverse and a F150.
Old Jul 13, 2017, 7:52 am

Programs: AAdvantage, Emerald Club
any Hybrids or high MPG cars lately?
Old Jul 14, 2017, 9:45 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Just left EWR. Explorer, 4runner, couple of Pathfinders, Rogue, Camaro, Maxima, Altima, Impala, F150, Santa Fe, Arcadia.
Old Jul 15, 2017, 9:23 am

Programs: DL Silver, UA
Was there Friday 7/14 at around 10:45 pm. Mix of Impalas, 2 or 3 Hyundai SUVs (I think santa Fe but not sure), a few of the small Chevy SUVs, one Chrysler Pacifica in the executive aisle. In the normal aisle, mix of Nissan and Toyota sedans and a small Kia SUV.

I took a loaded Impala with XM and a V6.
Old Aug 7, 2017, 8:38 pm

Was here at 2:30am last Saturday 7/29 (flight was delayed). Both EA and ES were absolutely packed with cars. EA was nicely equipped: had a bunch of small/midsize SUVs including a Jeep Cherokee in addition to the usual selection of sedans.

ES had a Camaro, Challenger, Santa Fe, and a bunch of Nissan Maximas. Ended up taking the Challenger.

Last edited by stevez; Aug 7, 2017 at 8:55 pm
Old Sep 28, 2017, 10:09 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, SPG Gold
1:30AM last week. Challengers, 300s, Malibus, a 4Runner, and a pair of Camrys. I wanted to take the 4Runner (I have one at home), but remembered I was street parking in Brooklyn at 2 in the morning. Camry with 3k on the ticker.
Old Nov 16, 2017, 6:29 pm
Original Member

Saturday around 7pm.

Nissans galore.
3 Armadas
Pathfinder
Rouge
Maxima
Altima
Impala
Malibu
Couple of 300s
Pickup trucks
Various other sedans
A Mustang convertible (40 degree weather)

Picked an Infinti QX30
Old Feb 19, 2018, 11:28 am

Sunday 5PM. Lot was jam packed even though it is President's Day weekend.
ES had a Tahoe, Suburban, Mustang Hardtop, CX-9 Touring (mine) and numerous Rogues
EA were full size sedans and compact Kia/Hyundai SUVs
Upgrade area had a C300, Q3, 430i convertible, A6, 740i
Old Mar 5, 2018, 7:03 pm

On sunday afternoon, ES had an Armada, Expedition, Camaro w/ RS package, CX5, Acadia, Escape, and many Impalas
Upgrade area had a GLS450, 740i, A6, QX60, A4, XC60, 330i convertible, and RR Evoque.
Old Mar 18, 2018, 10:24 pm
Original Member

Fully stocked aisle; too many to named.

I picked an orange Armada.

Also available were:
Camaros
Malibu
Tahoe
Edge
Rogue
Tacoma
Explorer
Various other sedans.
Old Apr 27, 2018, 9:15 pm

Programs: WN A+, AS MVP75K, Marriott Platinum, National EE
9:30 PM Sunday 4/22 - Aisle was fully stocked but probably the worst selection I have ever seen on a fully stocked executive aisle.

Tons of smaller SUVs and forgettable sedans. No large SUVs, or even third row SUVs, a couple small trucks, no Infinitys. I honestly had to double check I was looking at the Executive Aisle and not the normal Emerald aisle.

Best options were a CX5 GT with 4k on the ODO or a Loaded Impala. I like the CX5 and picked it, but was kind of bummed as this is the third time in a row I have taken one.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.