Programs: UA Plat, National Exec Elite
Sat 10/5 10AM
Premier Selection
328 $50
G37 $25
Mkz $50
Xc60 $50

Es
Xterra, Sorento (2), Challenger (2), Enclave, Traverse, Venza, Avalon, Maxima (2), Terrain, Camry, Beetle, Journey, Captiva, Pathfinder, Lacrosse
Old Nov 2, 2013, 7:14 pm

Sat 11/2 10AM

Premier Selection
MKS ($25) SRX ($50)

ES: Acadia, Flex, Traverse, Challenger, Avalon, Lacrosse, Explorer, Optima Hybrid, Escape, Patriot, Fusion, and 10+ Malibus.
Old Mar 9, 2014, 8:09 am

Mar 8, 8PM

PS: SRX($75), QX60($75) -- I think EWR is getting greedy, I thought these were $50 upgrades usually?

ES: 500L, Avalon, Impala LTZ, Traverse, and the usual FCARs
Old Jun 23, 2014, 7:06 pm

Jun 21 9AM

Nothing too exciting in the ES. Standouts were:
Explorer Limited w/ Glass roof
RAM 1500 Quad Cab w/ Hemi (mine since I was on an IKEA run)
2 Dodge Journeys
Hyundai Azera
Dodge Challenger
Toyota RAV4
Impala 2LT

Saw a V60 parked neither in PS nor ES. They were holding all 7 pax vehicles other than that Explorer back b/c it's the summer.
Old Jul 23, 2014, 12:44 pm

Programs: N/A
Would you say that EWR or LGA has better cars? Or brooklyn NY perhaps
Old Jul 25, 2014, 8:39 pm

Originally Posted by JBG89
Would you say that EWR or LGA has better cars? Or brooklyn NY perhaps
About the same in EA/ES. You tend to see more SUVs on the aisle at EWR but both has pretty good availability of premium vehicles on EA/ES. EWR is a bigger location but charges higher taxes than LGA (stupid $5 a day security fee and high airport fees).

JFK has much worse selection than EWR or LGA.
Old Aug 12, 2014, 8:59 am

Are the cars at EWR on an outdoor lot or enclosed garage? I need to be sure I've got one with an active Sirius subscription. Also, when taking a car into Canada, do I need to stop at the desk or can I just notify the employee at the exit gate to make the notification? TIA
Old Aug 12, 2014, 9:11 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by carraher
Are the cars at EWR on an outdoor lot or enclosed garage? I need to be sure I've got one with an active Sirius subscription. Also, when taking a car into Canada, do I need to stop at the desk or can I just notify the employee at the exit gate to make the notification? TIA
If you're driving into Canada, make sure you get a printout of your rental contract at the gate - otherwise no need to tell them if you're returning to the same location.
Old Aug 12, 2014, 9:34 am

Originally Posted by peteropny
If you're driving into Canada, make sure you get a printout of your rental contract at the gate - otherwise no need to tell them if you're returning to the same location.
Thank you, Sir.
Old Aug 12, 2014, 8:07 pm

Originally Posted by carraher
EA and ES are in a covered area.
Old Aug 25, 2014, 9:22 am

I need a car which can accommodate 4 passengers and 8 check-in size bags. Does EWR offer full size SUVs or better cars? Any suggestions on what should I book ?
Old Aug 27, 2014, 5:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by jaimesh18
I need a car which can accommodate 4 passengers and 8 check-in size bags. Does EWR offer full size SUVs or better cars? Any suggestions on what should I book ?
I did something like that not too long ago. We were in a minivan (Town & Country) and that was fine. For the second part of the trip we got an Escalade ESV and that worked out alright (so think Suburban or Yukon XL). I don't know if a FFAR (Tahoe) would have been big enough (would have definitely been tight); a Traverse would not have been big enough.

-J.
Old Aug 27, 2014, 6:24 pm

Originally Posted by GW McLintock
I did something like that not too long ago. We were in a minivan (Town & Country) and that was fine. For the second part of the trip we got an Escalade ESV and that worked out alright (so think Suburban or Yukon XL). I don't know if a FFAR (Tahoe) would have been big enough (would have definitely been tight); a Traverse would not have been big enough.

-J.
Thanks J. Is there a way to reserveSuburban or Yukon?
Old Aug 27, 2014, 6:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by jaimesh18
Thanks J. Is there a way to reserveSuburban or Yukon?
Doesn't look like there is at EWR, but you can reserve a minivan. I don't know for sure, though.

Maybe they have Suburbans available for upgrade there. I generally use Hertz and where these vehicles exist they are usually reservable online.

-J.
Old Aug 27, 2014, 7:12 pm

Originally Posted by GW McLintock
Doesn't look like there is at EWR, but you can reserve a minivan. I don't know for sure, though.

Maybe they have Suburbans available for upgrade there. I generally use Hertz and where these vehicles exist they are usually reservable online.

-J.
Thanks, will give it a try.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.