Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars in EA/ES at RSW

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2017, 1:30 pm

Originally Posted by Yellowjj
While yes, it would have been a nice customer gesture to go above and beyond; he can't get upset because he asked and was told no. He made a midsize reservation to access the aisle and only a full-size car is guaranteed.

Like I said before, I would never show up with 7 people with only a aisle reservation and get upset when they don't accommodate me. That doesn't mean the customer service is terrible because I didn't get what I wanted, at the aisle price point. The $15 dollars more per day they were asking him, seems quite reasonable to be put into a Fullsize/Premium SUV or something.

Look at it another way. Would he have shown up to a non-aisle location with a midsize rate and expect to get a 7 seater vehicle normally? My guess would be no.

I agree with your assessment of the Journey btw. Pretty mediocre.
a premium or full size no but why not a SRAR? Dodge Durango and Ford explorer can seat 7 and is on the aisle alot of times. Even at JFK and LGA where I normally rent from typically doesn't put luxury cars or full size elite like some other areas have based on other airport posts will give me a Ford explorer if I ask for one and if thy have it.
Old May 23, 2017, 12:07 pm

Programs: National Exec, Hertz PC, Avis PC, Sixt Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Wyndham Diamond, TR Diamond
Originally Posted by Yellowjj
Technically the station was with-in it's right. National only guarantee's full size vehicles on ES; anything bigger is considered a bonus. Seems a bit foolhardy to depend on the ES aisle to secure a vehicle that comfortably seats 7 and not have a backup reservation for the vehicle size you actually need.
I know they were within their right. We didn't have but two bags and figured a chance of a 3 row SUV or van was fairly high considering my other ES experiences. Typically I carry two reservations in case ES is a poor selection but I booked this one 3rd party through Chase.

The ES and EA were very slim, although the full size SUV line didn't have one empty parking space.

We were there 30 minutes and they never brought anything else in while we were arranging things.

As far as the Journey goes, there's absolutely no cargo room with third row up. Also, this one had been smoked in to make it worse. If this is the best they carry on ES I could save some money with a different company.
Old May 24, 2017, 10:39 am

Originally Posted by xfire22
I know they were within their right. We didn't have but two bags and figured a chance of a 3 row SUV or van was fairly high considering my other ES experiences. Typically I carry two reservations in case ES is a poor selection but I booked this one 3rd party through Chase.

The ES and EA were very slim, although the full size SUV line didn't have one empty parking space.

We were there 30 minutes and they never brought anything else in while we were arranging things.

As far as the Journey goes, there's absolutely no cargo room with third row up. Also, this one had been smoked in to make it worse. If this is the best they carry on ES I could save some money with a different company.
The real impressive thing is that you only had 2 pieces of luggage with 7 people ^

Understandable with the Chase booking. In my personal experience, I honestly never trust any Florida location with having 7-seaters/minivans in ES; especially during the start of summer season. I've been to some in the middle of October (so not peak season) and nothing larger than a standard SUV on either aisle. On the flip side, I've also been to MCO and literally nothing but Vans/Fullsize SUV's. No cars to be had on either aisle.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 10:43 am

Programs: AA PLT
Surprised this thread hasn't seen more recent activity.

Friday night around 10:30 PM, ES was stocked, although nothing special. A handful of Malibus and comparable sedans, a half dozen pickups, and at least a couple of minivans all the way down the aisle (didn't bother walking that far). VIP area had four LCARs (CTS/XTS, 3 series), only one of which appeared to be reserved. Asked the greeter if he had anything fun for an EE, and he pointed me at the "Volvo" in the premium area, which was actually a QX30. No headroom for anyone or legroom in the back seat, but a fun ride for two with minimal luggage.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 10:21 am

Any recent updates? Heading down first week of April
Old Apr 5, 2019, 8:30 am

Picked up on 3/31, fairly decent selection, though nothing exceptional. Mix of usual sedans, crossovers, and mini-vans. Only non-vanilla options were a 4Runner w/ the TRD Off-road package (mine) and a Buick Cascada convertible. PS was an Escalade ESV and an XTS.
Old Aug 24, 2020, 10:24 pm

I've been reading a lot of threads that Nationals EE selection is disappointing compared to what it use to be. Anyone know how RSW has faired? Going to be renting from here mid October and I'm starting to wonder if I should try my luck at Avis. Any info is greatly appreciated, thanks in advance!
Old Oct 26, 2021, 4:11 pm

Went this past Saturday, both EE/EA were pretty bare with some altimas/camrys/rav4. However, there was a Hemi Challenger I picked up, saw a mustang covt but couldn't get to it on time. I didn't ask if I could go over to Enterprise area. Just got the Hemi and ran
Auto Enthusiast and Ordpc like this.
Old Feb 16, 2022, 11:58 am
Moderator: National Car

Programs: Delta PM, National EE, Hertz PC, Hilton DM
Thursday, 2/10, around 5PM

ES
5-6X Pacifica, mix of old and new body style, with a handful of 2021 Pacifica Limited E-Hybrids
2X Charger
1X Mustang Convertible (Ecoboost)
1X Dodge Ram

EA
Saw a couple of Camries, didn't see much more

PS was empty

2/15 around 2PM

ES
Lots of Camries, Malibus, other standard full-sizers
1X Dodge Grand Caravan
4-5X Dodge Ram

EA
Didn't see

PS
BMW X7
2X Cadillac XT5
Auto Enthusiast and Ordpc like this.
Old Aug 1, 2022, 1:48 am

Lot was very empty ex had a highlander, Cherokee, upgrade has a z4 bmw, Lincoln avatar and q5 with 40k and xt5 with 50k
Ordpc likes this.
Old Nov 15, 2022, 7:25 am

Programs: Mileage Plus, Marriott Rewards, Southwest Rapid Rewards
Picked up 11/14 around 1:30pm

Emerald had a couple Pacificas.

Executive had two chargers, Maxima, Altima, 4Runner, Buick and GMC Suv's, and a Mini Cooper Clubman for some reason.

Was going to take the burnt orange Charger until I opened the door... smoke city. Took the gray one instead.
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old Mar 9, 2023, 7:56 am

Programs: BW Diamond, Choice Plat, National Exec Elite
3/7 8pm

ES was stocked, EA was empty. Staff was directing EA members to pick from the ES. Negates the purpose of status, but based on the selection it really didn't matter. Very basic. Lots of Chrysler minivans, 2 Durangos, 1 Challenger. Cars were primarily Malibus and Altimas, I did see one Hyundai Sonata, but it was a pretty basic trim. Other SUV's were mostly Nissan Rogues. Yuk. I did walk the entire length, and hidden at the end was a 2022 Toyota Highlander XLE 2WD. Only 12000 miles! LOL Pretty sure it was bought used from the running boards installed and the Houston area dealer sticker inside the drivers door. But it does have a V6, leather and a sunroof, so at least its not a rental penalty box.
oftech and Auto Enthusiast like this.
Old May 14, 2023, 1:01 pm

Programs: BW Diamond, Choice Plat, National Exec Elite
Sunday 5/14 @ noon.

​​​​​​More of the same. Camrys, Altimas, and Malibus. SUV of choice was not just a Santa Fe, but a white Santa Fe. I did find a base Honda Accord, and grabbed it to try it. New model, only 1400 miles. It was meh. Asked the agent where the good stuff was. She said because it's slow, management keeps the ES stocked with whats promised, but they have plenty of cars, so unfortunately no need to sprinkle some treats to the Exec Selection.
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old Apr 7, 2024, 7:02 pm

Wink Cars at RSW on Feb 20, 2024

It was February break in NY, arrived at around 11 PM from SYR taking a Frontier flight, a really quick walk from our arrival gate to the rental lot. The told me to bypass the counter, which is weird, but the counter representative told us we were all good. The EA lot was almost empty, only Pacificas and a Tacoma. We talked to a staff and he told us to choose from any car in ES and a section of EE row. An EE guy before us took an XC40 from EE and pulled off very fast. There were not much left in the EE row, 1x Ram 1500, 1x CX-30, etc. We finally ended up taking a black Series II Wagoneer with about 2K miles on it from ES, after deciding between that and another white one, which has more mileages. There were also Tahoes and Expeditions, but all no better than the Wagoneer. We had a great time with it during our 5-day journey in west Florida, drove from Fort Myers to Tampa and then came back. Since our flight is at 6:37 on Feb 25, we've decided to sleep in the car, and it worked out really nice, huge space in the back with the third row seats down. Wish we had more time with the car, the big black box had drawn lots of attentions along the way.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.