Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at MCO

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2017, 11:03 am

Programs: AA EXP, National EE
Originally Posted by the19thscorpion
I'm flying into MCO on Friday 4/21 arriving around 9:30pm. What type of SUVs do they usually have on the EA? Last time I was in MCO I was able to pick from ES (didn't make that status for 2017 unfortunately) so I was able to get a new Acadia.

I've heard mid/late April is a low season for Orlando since it's post-spring break so I was hoping that would be a decent enough selection, especially since I would be arriving late. I personally wouldn't mind a nice EA car (i.e. new altima or something) but the other half likes the SUVs so there we have it.
Santa Fe, Rogue, Grand Cherokee (base trim), and Equinox are most commonly found in EA.
Old Apr 9, 2017, 9:58 pm

It's been years since i had rented at MCO but I always seem to remember tons of "last minutes deals" etc. Disappointed that I didn't find any, I started plugging in some of the coupons to try and get the best price for a Midsize so I could just hop on the Emerald Aisle. Price seemed to be very high for a midsize so I ventured around and found premium for cheaper?

I just want to make sure. If I rent a premium - can I still grab anything from the Emerald Aisle if something looks good? This is how the prices are listed. I don't see anything on how the classes are usually "tiered" but economy was always the cheapest.

April 24 - May 4
Premium $373.77 / total
Sporty $373.77/ total
Pickup $524.61/ total
Luxury $535.30 / total
Standard SUV $541.65 / total
7 Passenger Minivan $579.82 / total
Convertible $619.24 / total
Economy $627.62 / total
8 Passenger Minivan $634.12 / total
Compact $635.25 / total
Midsize *Aisle Choice $642.87 / total
Standard $658.14 / total
Full Size $665.78 / total
Premium SUV $733.73 / total
etc etc etc up to
11 passenger van $1119.87 / total

Now I am wondering why a midsize is more expensive than premium? Also, I have never not rented something from the emerald aisle. With no status other than the free emerald club membership, can I still just walk to the premium section, pick up my car and go to the gate? Or if I see something nice in EA, just grab it with a premium reservation?
Old Apr 11, 2017, 9:00 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
MCO - Tuesday 5PM.

Mostly Fusions, two Altima, Corolla, one Rogue, and pickup trucks. Was hoping for an X3.

Since Hertz assigned an Avalon with 1,300 miles on a full-size reservation, I went with them instead.
Old Apr 12, 2017, 10:38 am

Programs: National Emerald Aisle
Originally Posted by seawolf
MCO - Tuesday 5PM.

Mostly Fusions, two Altima, Corolla, one Rogue, and pickup trucks. Was hoping for an X3.

Since Hertz assigned an Avalon with 1,300 miles on a full-size reservation, I went with them instead.
Was this on the A side or B side?
Old Apr 17, 2017, 5:13 am

Flying in to Orlando Thursday next week and wondering what's my changes to score some decent convertible (Mustang for example) from the Emerald Executive aisle?
Old Apr 17, 2017, 5:56 am

Originally Posted by Jore
Flying in to Orlando Thursday next week and wondering what's my changes to score some decent convertible (Mustang for example) from the Emerald Executive aisle?
I have not seen a convertible on the aisle except when the weather is miserable so I would expect your chances are very slim.
Old Apr 17, 2017, 12:48 pm

Originally Posted by Jore
Thurs, 10p - A Side

Mustang GT Convertible and Camaro RS Convertible were among the offerings on Exec and the attendants were happily accommodating requests. Arguably, this is the first time in a while that I've seen 'verts on the aisle, but it does happen. With MCO, you're more likely to find some gems in the late evening.

Last edited by jcfla; Apr 17, 2017 at 12:55 pm
Old Apr 24, 2017, 11:11 pm

Afternoon 4/24

Arrived around 4:00 pm. Both EA/ER are pretty much empty with few people waiting to see what may pull up. Asked about x3 promotion but all were out. Got a XTS with basic equipments and 3000 miles.
Old Apr 29, 2017, 6:38 pm

Programs: AA, SPG, MP, SW Companion Pass, National ES
I'm going to be getting Executive status soon and have a trip planned for Disney with the family. There is 6 of us so we need a minivan, but prefer a Full-size SUV (Tahoe, Expedition). With Executive status can I be sure of getting at least a minivan (or full size SUV) if I book at the midsize level at MCO?
Old Apr 30, 2017, 2:34 pm

Originally Posted by g8rben
I'm going to be getting Executive status soon and have a trip planned for Disney with the family. There is 6 of us so we need a minivan, but prefer a Full-size SUV (Tahoe, Expedition). With Executive status can I be sure of getting at least a minivan (or full size SUV) if I book at the midsize level at MCO?
Yes, at the very least a minivan. But Tahoes and Expeditions are very frequently placed on Exec aisle, as well.
Old Apr 30, 2017, 2:45 pm

Saturday the 22nd around 9 pm - B side was nearly empty with a Tahoe, an Explorer, and a couple of other cars. I took the Tahoe with around 5K miles.

Returning this morning around 6:30 am, B side was very SUV heavy with notable choices in regular Executive spaces including a 528i and a QX70. I've never seen anything as nice as either of those outside of the Premier Selection at MCO.
Old Apr 30, 2017, 10:54 pm
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by g8rben
With Executive status can I be sure of getting at least a minivan (or full size SUV) if I book at the midsize level at MCO?
Originally Posted by jcfla
Yes, at the very least a minivan. But Tahoes and Expeditions are very frequently placed on Exec aisle, as well.
I disagree with this advice. While I would say you will probably find a vehicle that meets your needs, based on my personal experience you can not count on it (especially if you're going at a busy time).

My suggestion would be to book a backup reservation for a minivan or large SUV at a different company, check the Executive/Emerald Aisle first (check both sides if you're adventurous), if you don't see what you want, you can try asking an employee, and if that fails you've got your backup reservation.

I would venture to say it would be a bad start to your trip to be scrambling to find a vehicle to hold six of you and who knows what price you might pay to do that at the last minute.
Old May 1, 2017, 12:35 am

Originally Posted by Beckles
I disagree with this advice. While I would say you will probably find a vehicle that meets your needs, based on my personal experience you can not count on it (especially if you're going at a busy time).

My suggestion would be to book a backup reservation for a minivan or large SUV at a different company, check the Executive/Emerald Aisle first (check both sides if you're adventurous), if you don't see what you want, you can try asking an employee, and if that fails you've got your backup reservation.

I would venture to say it would be a bad start to your trip to be scrambling to find a vehicle to hold six of you and who knows what price you might pay to do that at the last minute.
I am going to respectfully disagree. I am at this location at least once a week and cannot recall the last time I have gone where one of the aforementioned vehicles was not present. Plus, I have seen multiple occasions where an attendant was happy to locate a larger vehicle/specific request- i.e. an Expedition even though a Caravan was on the aisle. While having a backup reservation is good practice, MCO is a station that is well-stocked with larger passenger vehicles.

Last edited by jcfla; May 1, 2017 at 12:44 am
Old May 1, 2017, 4:55 am

Originally Posted by jcfla
I am going to respectfully disagree. I am at this location at least once a week and cannot recall the last time I have gone where one of the aforementioned vehicles was not present. Plus, I have seen multiple occasions where an attendant was happy to locate a larger vehicle/specific request- i.e. an Expedition even though a Caravan was on the aisle. While having a backup reservation is good practice, MCO is a station that is well-stocked with larger passenger vehicles.
While that might be true ( never been there) it'd a good idea just because what happens if it's bare that one time he or she is there and they don't want to give them out on a aisle res? For whatever reason they are low on them and need to keep them for people who reserved them. There isn't any harm in making a backup res for one.
Old May 1, 2017, 1:22 pm

Originally Posted by Beckles

I have had the misfortune to fly in to and out of this airport and SNA a LOT. Both of these are populated by travelers going to Disney with the family. As a result I have seen a couple of hysterical meltdowns when the family that needs a BIG vehicle gets told "sorry the SUVs/minivans are all booked and you get a car you reserved" Or another meltdown when told "sure you have the SUV but it will cost you $x more"

One was so epic that about 5 of us just stopped to watch mom and dad have a huge fight over how cheap Dad was.

I have also posted what I have seen on the aisle on here and I do not always see bigger vehicles.

I would have a back up unless you want to be the provider of entertainment when your wife lets you have it for being cheap ( it was great fun to watch and the big problem.. Spring Break! National didn't have anything to give this family even if the agent had wanted too!)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.