Cars at MCO

Old Feb 13, 2017, 10:54 am

Programs: Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond; National Car Rental Executive Elite
I have a Premium SUV reservation at MCO this weekend.

Will that be a Suburban? Expedition?
Old Feb 13, 2017, 11:13 am
Moderator: National Car

Programs: Delta PM, National EE, Hertz PC, Hilton DM
Could be either.
Old Feb 13, 2017, 11:32 am

Originally Posted by dwbf11
Those will not be available Emerald Aisle choices, and would likely require an upcharge.
I'm aware of that &I carry EC status. More than willing to pay the $50 up charge for a vette.
Old Feb 13, 2017, 11:59 am

Originally Posted by AppleTwapple
I'm aware of that &I carry EC status. More than willing to pay the $50 up charge for a vette.
Just a note... the only upgrade available Friday was to a Q50. The rep was not aware of any other options (I heard a man in negotiations with him while I was scouting)
Old Feb 14, 2017, 6:16 am

What kind of special cars are there? Visiting in a couple months and hoping for an F type or a Vette.
I am Executive status as well and have been told while standing on the aisle that the Vette is $100 a day up-charge on top of my current reservation.
Old Feb 15, 2017, 5:27 am

Programs: National Executive, Hertz Five Star, Hilton Diamond, BW Diamond
They definitely have Corvettes. Usually a couple of them sitting in front of the booth.
Old Feb 15, 2017, 12:17 pm

Awesome. Thanks guys
Old Feb 16, 2017, 5:48 pm

If you are looking for a Vette, check out Budget. I snagged one for this upcoming March for 9 days for $600 including tax.
Old Feb 17, 2017, 2:58 pm

Programs: National EE
Originally Posted by DonCarpenter
They definitely have Corvettes. Usually a couple of them sitting in front of the booth.
Does National still have Corvettes at MCO? Haven't seen one at LAX in over a year and the one at MIA I saw a couple months ago was being rented under Enterprise Exotics. Nice thing was the National $100/day upgrade typically would give you unlimited miles unlike many other rental agencies.
Old Feb 17, 2017, 9:46 pm

Tonight...

Tons of minivans.
Premier selection had an A6 and an A8 alongside a Corvette.
I had a premium SUV reservation and the agent gave me the choice of an Expedition or an Armada.
Old Feb 18, 2017, 8:31 pm

Originally Posted by turbov6
Does National still have Corvettes at MCO?
They did in November.
Old Feb 20, 2017, 1:19 am

How is this location as far as keeping up with demand during big events? I'm going down for Wrestlemania weekend and am dreading having to hunt down an attendant to avoid ending up with a 15,000 mile Chevy Trax.
Old Feb 20, 2017, 12:28 pm

Programs: National Exec, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, AAdvantage Gold
Originally Posted by DonCarpenter
How is this location as far as keeping up with demand during big events? I'm going down for Wrestlemania weekend and am dreading having to hunt down an attendant to avoid ending up with a 15,000 mile Chevy Trax.
I wouldn't be too worried about it truthfully. I'm not sure if it's still true, but at least as of a few years ago this was the largest Enterprise/National/Alamo station in the entire system, and Alamo hides some real gems here as well - in the worst case scenario, the Aisle greeter can direct you to snag a car from Alamo instead.

Just remember that the Aisle can and does stretch all the way to the exit booths at times, don't be afraid to take a stroll
Old Feb 21, 2017, 10:30 am

Originally Posted by roymustang
I wouldn't be too worried about it truthfully. I'm not sure if it's still true, but at least as of a few years ago this was the largest Enterprise/National/Alamo station in the entire system, and Alamo hides some real gems here as well - in the worst case scenario, the Aisle greeter can direct you to snag a car from Alamo instead.

Just remember that the Aisle can and does stretch all the way to the exit booths at times, don't be afraid to take a stroll
Be VERY careful if the Aisle greater tries to send to you to Alamo. The incredibly rude Alamo staff basically accused me of trying to game the system because "you don't have paperwork" I refuse to go over to Alamo again and just ask them to go bring me something.
Old Feb 21, 2017, 3:48 pm

Be careful of fuel charges...

We turned our rental with a full tank. I took a photo of the odometer and gas gauge.

The check-in agent completed her walk-around and handed me my receipt. It indicated a $25-ish refueling fee. I stopped her and inquired as to why. She said "Oh, that's odd. I'll have my manager cancel it."

The manager came over about 5 minutes later and handed me a new completed Rental Agreement.

48-hours later and the fuel charge was still on my credit card. I had to contact National through their website to have it removed.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.