Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at MCO

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2014, 2:55 pm

Originally Posted by greenmozart
This may be a silly question, but I am booking with Chase Reward points for 6/26-7/2 and the luxury price is cheaper than the minivan price (prepaid). We need the room for kids/luggage so we'll probably want to grab a minivan, but on the off chance that there is a nice large SUV or something that will fit 7 people I'd love to grab it vs the standard Chrysler or whatever minivan option du jour might be.

Is there any reason NOT to book the luxury option? If there are no good options in that class can I easily grab whatever is available considering I'd have paid less than the minivan reservation to begin with?

Two reasons

1. The Luxury Aisle is something like "two cars" pick one Chance of you having the choices you expect are slim
2. This is PRIME vacation season. They could easily be sold out of the minivan large SUV options meaning you can't have one. The fact that luxury is cheaper leads me to think that the minivans are in higher demand meaning a much bigger risk of being told "sorry but no way"

Having watched families have hysterical fits at both MCO and John Wayne my advice is always book what you need. It's not a good way to start the family Disney vacation discovering you won't fit in the car.

MCO does not let you just upgrade and downgrade at will. Seems like every time I am there we have a big production while they back us all away from the exit gate so the "self changer" can get out of line after being told the daily walk up for that minivan/SUV/Convertible (I always ask if that is what happened and I am always told yes)

I have to go there a lot for family issues (No, my screen name has nothing to do with Orange County Florida!)
Old May 17, 2014, 9:29 pm

Programs: na
Originally Posted by northsideguy
I'm a little bit confused? While you made the above statement, you posted the following on 15 April 13.

agero2k5
Programs: na
Quote:

thats fll airport for you they greedy like that instead of serving executive elite members like me and you that rent over 100+ days a year they rather upseel those rentals than offer it to people like us.go to miami airport instead and beleive me everything they upsell at fll they have it at the executive aisle there and if you don't see it the greeters are super nice to get it for you from alamo or in the back getting washed.
FYI fll has a change of management since 2/14 which is this year it looks better newer staff better car selection on their aisle.i guess my complaint to customer service actually works!!!
Old Jun 3, 2014, 7:39 pm
mkt

Programs: AA LT PLT; DL GLD, UA nothing, B6 Mosaic; Emerald Club Executive
Midnight (well, 11:59pm) arrival tomorrow at MCO. I'm admittedly curious as to what's available at that hour - I usually arrive in the early afternoon.
Old Jun 5, 2014, 9:07 am
mkt

Last night at midnight, they had

Buick Regal
Hyundai Genesis Sedan
VW Jetta
VW Passat
Fiat 500
Suburban

I took the Passat
Old Jun 5, 2014, 9:43 am

Programs: Skymiles, AAdvantage, MileagePlus, Emerald Executive, Priority Club
Arrived at MCO Saturday last week for a family vacation. Being Memorial Day weekend, no minivans were available on the EA or ES and were by reservation only. Surprisingly though, the ES had 2 Nissan Pathfinders as well as 2 Dodge Journeys... both 7 passenger SUVs. We happily took one of the Pathfinders.

The usual mix of sedans made up the rest of the ES.
Old Jun 5, 2014, 10:04 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mkt
Last night at midnight, they had

Buick Regal
Hyundai Genesis Sedan
VW Jetta
VW Passat
Fiat 500
Suburban

I took the Passat
A Regal? That's pretty rare! Was it a '14 & was it a pcar?
Old Jun 10, 2014, 11:25 am
mkt

Originally Posted by drzoidberg
A Regal? That's pretty rare! Was it a '14 & was it a pcar?
Yes and yes.

Should have added - two Passats. One was a base model S, and the other was a Wolfsburg Edition - I took the Wolfsburg edition.
Old Jun 26, 2014, 1:14 pm

Arrived at A side on Sat, June 21, around 4:30pm. Selection was not great. EA had a Nissan Rogue, Jeep Compass, and some sedans. ES had several Camrys (LE/SE), a Hyundai Genesis, and finally a 2015 Chevy Traverse that pulled up as soon I was about to give up. Took the Traverse with 219 miles.
Old Jul 6, 2014, 6:10 pm
mkt

Arrived on Friday at 12am (or Thursday night, depending on your point of view), B side. Kia Soul, Chevy Equinox, lots of Nissan Altimas... and a Buick Enclave AWD.

I took the Buick.
Old Jul 28, 2014, 3:21 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Delta Kryptonium Medallion, National Executive
B Side - Monda, July 28, 2914 1pm

ES was pickup trucks and minivans as far as the eye could see. There was also a Nissan Maxima and a couple Kia Sorrentos. A new Nissan Pathfinder pulled up and I took it for fear the pickings would get worse.

Last edited by plagwate; Jul 28, 2014 at 6:09 pm Reason: damn auto-correct
Old Jul 28, 2014, 5:01 pm
mkt

Originally Posted by plagwate
ED was pickup trucks and minivans as far as the eye could see. There was also a Nissan Maxima and a couple Kia Sorrentos. A new Nissan Pathfinder pulled up and I took it for fear the pickings would get worse.
That's been my MCO experience lately. I miss being able to get a BMW, Volvo, or Mini there.
Old Aug 26, 2014, 7:55 pm

Programs: National executive elite, Marriott gold, Hilton diamond, swa cp, DL DM
Updates?

Bump...anything new? Last time I got a car I was told all low mileage cars come to Alamo first then fill national then enterprise.
Old Aug 27, 2014, 8:44 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Delta Kryptonium Medallion, National Executive
Originally Posted by Khssoccer16
Bump...anything new? Last time I got a car I was told all low mileage cars come to Alamo first then fill national then enterprise.
You were told wrong. The order is National -> Alamo -> Enterprise.
Old Aug 27, 2014, 10:27 am

Originally Posted by plagwate
You were told wrong. The order is National -> Alamo -> Enterprise.
It sounds like it's all anecdotal though - people complain of 20-30k mile cars at National, which would surely have been cascaded to Alamo if that's true, and my last rental with Alamo was an ATS new enough for active Sirius and with 10k miles on it. It seems unlikely that it had already been cascaded down from National.

I suspect the cars are randomly distributed in locations where the fleet is pooled according to the whim of the location manager.
Old Aug 29, 2014, 10:58 am

Programs: DL Silver, AS MVP, UA Silver, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by Foxtbh
It sounds like it's all anecdotal though...
There are stations that follow a pretty rigid cascade protocol... FLL for example cascades National -> Alamo at the first return over 10k miles like clockwork. I've seen it very clearly in PCARs on ES vs PCARs at Alamo (since FLL doesn't correctly operate ER-PREM, using several of the ER sections for bulk-storage) upon close inspection of both on a National PCAR res.

Other stations will shuffle pretty much anything in and out to balance class loads and some even operate a completely shared lot.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.