Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars in EA/ER at BOS

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2016, 9:36 am

Programs: Hertz PC, National Exec Elite, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by alpineflyer
Hi, did this car have had screens on the rear seats (DVD) and do you know ho high are the chances getting a van with DVD with a minivan reservation at National?
I have seen some of the larger SUV's come with the DVD player. Some of the Tahoes/ Yukons do come with the DVD.
Old Sep 19, 2016, 12:30 pm
Moderator: National Car

Programs: Delta PM, National EE, Hertz PC, Hilton DM
Originally Posted by KevinMD
I have seen some of the larger SUV's come with the DVD player. Some of the Tahoes/ Yukons do come with the DVD.
The old ones certainly did, it was part of the Sun and Sound package or something like that. I don't recall the newer ones being ordered with rear DVD's though?
Old Oct 21, 2016, 2:08 pm

Programs: UA 1K, DL Gold, IHG Diamond AMB, MR Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, National EE
Was here on Tuesday afternoon. Lamest executive selection I've ever seen. I had my choice of minivan or pickup truck. This seems to be a trend here.
Old Dec 6, 2016, 10:02 am

Programs: Marriott LTG, HHonors Diamond, Nat'l Exec
Trying to decide between a PGAR (premium crossover) or LCAR (luxury sedan) for an upcoming free day burn here. Anyone have experience with either?
Old Dec 6, 2016, 10:28 am
Moderator: National Car

Programs: Delta PM, National EE, Hertz PC, Hilton DM
I would go for the LCAR. PGARs (i.e., Buick Enclave) have been on the Aisle/ES the last few times I passed through, nothing special about burning a free day about that. LCAR selections tended to be better, with a nice assortment of German metal to choose from right up front by the greeter's booth.
Old Dec 6, 2016, 2:11 pm

Programs: Marriott LTG, HHonors Diamond, Nat'l Exec
Originally Posted by dwbf11
I would go for the LCAR. PGARs (i.e., Buick Enclave) have been on the Aisle/ES the last few times I passed through, nothing special about burning a free day about that. LCAR selections tended to be better, with a nice assortment of German metal to choose from right up front by the greeter's booth.
Thanks, this is exactly what I needed! (Oddly the pre-discount rate for the PGAR is almost triple.)
Old Dec 14, 2016, 2:49 am

Programs: Delta - PM, Hilton - Diamond, PriorityClub - Platinum
Dec 13th, 12:30pm arrival. The entire EA/ES selection consisted of minivans, two SUVs (already taken) and a few giant full size trucks. The worst selection I have ever seen. If this was Orlando with my family in tow I would have been happy, but to drive to business meetings around Boston it is not desirable. I am sure they could have brought an actual CAR up if asked but we didn't have time and shluld not have to play that game.

Sad, considering this is the same location where I was able to rent the really nice Kia K900 a couple of years ago from the ES area.
Old Dec 14, 2016, 1:10 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Hyatt Plat, SPG/MAR Gold, Nat'l EEE
Originally Posted by mgoflyer
Dec 13th, 12:30pm arrival. The entire EA/ES selection consisted of minivans, two SUVs (already taken) and a few giant full size trucks. The worst selection I have ever seen. If this was Orlando with my family in tow I would have been happy, but to drive to business meetings around Boston it is not desirable. I am sure they could have brought an actual CAR up if asked but we didn't have time and shluld not have to play that game.

Sad, considering this is the same location where I was able to rent the really nice Kia K900 a couple of years ago from the ES area.
I've pretty much given up on the BOS airport selection, and instead use the Downtown or Prudential Center as my go-to. It's easy to get to from the airport and I've had nothing but upgrades and awesome service. Might be worth it for you, depending where you're headed with the car.
Old Jan 23, 2017, 11:55 am

Any update on vehicles available at BOS? Will be renting later this week. Thanks!
Old Jan 24, 2017, 6:09 pm

Programs: UA 1KMM, Bonvoy LTE+A, HH D, Nat'l EE, Hertz Plat, Avis PC
I was there late last night (almost 1:00am this morning, to be precise), and both the EA and ES were a sea of Dodge Caravans and Chrysler Town & Countrys. I did see a couple of Camaros, a Kia minivan, a Ford Explorer, a few big Dodge pick-up trucks, a Chevy Tahoe, and a GMC Yukon (which I took).
Old Jan 24, 2017, 9:21 pm

Appreciate the update, very helpful. Hopefully there are still some Tahoe's around this weekend otherwise might be headed for one of the Ram trucks.
Old Jan 26, 2017, 11:31 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA Gold MM, Hertz PC, Hyatt Globalist
Rented at BOS on Tuesday. Tons of Suburbans and Expeditions. The Suburban I took had 5 miles on the odometer and had SiriusXM and built in navigation. Very nice vehicle.
Old Feb 2, 2017, 8:39 am

Just thought I would post my results from an 11am pick up last Friday.

Tough selection (although I can be a bit of a rental car snob), a lot of the lower level Jeeps (Cherokees and Renegades), a couple of Camaros and a few minivans. There were two Ford Expeditions that seemed to have seen better days, A ton of the normal everyday sedan selection of Chevy Malibu's or similar.

No full size pick ups only a couple of low trim level Nissan Frontiers. I ended up sniffing out a Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited. Had 18,000 miles on it, but was still pretty clean and in good overall condition.

The premium/exotic selection between National and Enterprise was stacked with lots of nice luxury vehicles several Porsche Cayennes/Panameras, Cadillac, etc.
Old Mar 1, 2017, 11:30 am

Programs: UA 1KMM, Bonvoy LTE+A, HH D, Nat'l EE, Hertz Plat, Avis PC
Picked up again Monday around 9pm. The usual vast selection of Town & Countries and pick-up trucks. A few Fusions and Altimas, one convertible Mustang, and three XTS's. I grabbed the last of the XTS's, which turned out to have 4 miles on the odometer.
Old Apr 21, 2017, 8:08 am

April 20th

Arrive noon for ER in needs of a 7 seater. Usual Minivans, fusions, Altimas, some Taurus. Some 7 seater SUV including 1 Tahoe, 2 Expedition, and some Explorers. "Fun" cars I found in ER were 2 Bimmer X3, 1 Audi Q3, 1Infinite QX30. Didn't look further than 3rd isle, grabbed Tahoe.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.