Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs/Partners > National | Emerald Club
Sign in using an external account

Old Jun 6, 12, 7:26 am   #946

Quote:
Originally Posted by PKCorey View Post
Thanks. No questions asked at the counter?
Nope. I'm Exec, so I even got a crossover from the EA for the price of a mid. I wasn't sure if I was pushing too far, but no issues.

Standard caveat - be prepared to pay walk-up rate if you're not 100% sure...in this case, it didn't make a difference to me b/c I couldn't find another deal that took anything off walk-up.
Old Jun 6, 12, 8:29 am   #947

Holy moly! Okay, I really need a bit of advice. I read the first page. I have Honeywell discount contract ID 1129204. This gets us this: rent midsize and get to chose from EA lot/rent for 7 days and only pay for 5/FREE REFUEL.

So, I called the dedicated number after clicking through Honeywell's site and getting the free Emerald Club number thing (which I think I now read could be free for anyone anyways lol). I called to verify rates for pickup today in CMH for one week. Its 235 OTD. But that'd get me any car from the EA lot AND can return it empty next week.

So, I thanked them, have it 'held' for a day (will call back in a few), and came here just to 'see' if I could add anything else such as a coupon code.

Thus my first two words HOLY MOLY you guys...thats a LOT of codes!

Can I add something to this reservation or not? Can someone please advise on one or two to try and where to input the codes online as I"m making the reservations? There are just too many on the first page. Are there a few that are routinely used over and over that I should try first? Thanks, and I appreciate any help possible....and if my contract ID helps anyone (and if it wasn't there previously) then go for it! I had to call in, but maybe its able to be done online.

TIA!
medicswife2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 12, 9:54 am   #948
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CO Platinum 1K, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, National Executive Elite, Platinum TSA Hater
Quote:
Originally Posted by medicswife2002 View Post
Holy moly! Okay, I really need a bit of advice. I read the first page. I have Honeywell discount contract ID 1129204. This gets us this: rent midsize and get to chose from EA lot/rent for 7 days and only pay for 5/FREE REFUEL.

So, I called the dedicated number after clicking through Honeywell's site and getting the free Emerald Club number thing (which I think I now read could be free for anyone anyways lol). I called to verify rates for pickup today in CMH for one week. Its 235 OTD. But that'd get me any car from the EA lot AND can return it empty next week.

So, I thanked them, have it 'held' for a day (will call back in a few), and came here just to 'see' if I could add anything else such as a coupon code....
Please!! Never, ever call a travel vendor to ask about a code, deal or discount you found at Flyertalk!!! This is the fastest way to get a deal killed! Just book online and make a backup arrangement if you're concerned, but never call the vendor, and never re-post a deal from Flyertalk on disboards, fatwallet or any other website or blog - this is how deals get killed off and people end up with unpleasant surprises at check-in.
Old Jun 6, 12, 10:08 am   #949

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Delta Kryptonium Medallion, National Executive
Quote:

So, I thanked them, have it 'held' for a day (will call back in a few), and came here just to 'see' if I could add anything else such as a coupon code.

Thus my first two words HOLY MOLY you guys...thats a LOT of codes!

Can I add something to this reservation or not? Can someone please advise on one or two to try and where to input the codes online as I"m making the reservations? There are just too many on the first page. Are there a few that are routinely used over and over that I should try first? Thanks, and I appreciate any help possible....and if my contract ID helps anyone (and if it wasn't there previously) then go for it! I had to call in, but maybe its able to be done online.

TIA!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bocastephen View Post
Please!! Never, ever call a travel vendor to ask about a code, deal or discount you found at Flyertalk!!! This is the fastest way to get a deal killed! Just book online and make a backup arrangement if you're concerned, but never call the vendor, and never re-post a deal from Flyertalk on disboards, fatwallet or any other website or blog - this is how deals get killed off and people end up with unpleasant surprises at check-in.
What Bocastephen said.

But to answer your question, Contract IDs are not stackable. If you're trying to drop your rate even more, try adding one of the Coupon ID codes listed at the bottom of Post #1. There aren't as many to sort through so it shouldn't be so daunting. And yes, all of this can be done online at national.com. In fact, that's the preferred way to keep human interaction to a minimum (keeps you from from being asked questions about a code that you can't answer).

Frankly, the Honeywell ID you provided is yielding some of the best rates I've seen in a while. As long as you're comfortable using it (either by being an authorized user or by having a forgiving conscience) and don't have concerns with a code that includes LDW, I suggest you stick with it.
plagwate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 12, 10:10 am   #950

Quote:
Originally Posted by HookemHorns View Post
Nope. I'm Exec, so I even got a crossover from the EA for the price of a mid. I wasn't sure if I was pushing too far, but no issues.

Standard caveat - be prepared to pay walk-up rate if you're not 100% sure...in this case, it didn't make a difference to me b/c I couldn't find another deal that took anything off walk-up.
We are ready too. I usually use my company discount but no discount on SUVs or vans this time around at all. No biggie, if we can't get it for that price but it is worth it to save $400. If all else fails, I''ll make another reservation via my phone.

medicswife2002, just grab the coupon codes from the first page and add them and you will see if its accepted or not. No need to call at all.
PKCorey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 12, 3:31 pm   #951

Quote:
Originally Posted by plagwate View Post
What Bocastephen said.

But to answer your question, Contract IDs are not stackable. If you're trying to drop your rate even more, try adding one of the Coupon ID codes listed at the bottom of Post #1. There aren't as many to sort through so it shouldn't be so daunting. And yes, all of this can be done online at national.com. In fact, that's the preferred way to keep human interaction to a minimum (keeps you from from being asked questions about a code that you can't answer).

Frankly, the Honeywell ID you provided is yielding some of the best rates I've seen in a while. As long as you're comfortable using it (either by being an authorized user or by having a forgiving conscience) and don't have concerns with a code that includes LDW, I suggest you stick with it.
Oh, I didn't call at all regarding the codes from here. When I log into my DH's Honeywell discount website and then when I click the link to travel discounts, it pops up a contract ID and a number to call for making reservations. I never in any way mentioned any other codes from anywhere...but oddly the CS asked me if I had any codes I'd like to add. Thats when I ran here to check. And then I got lost on the front page of long numbers of codes.

Can I ask a couple of newbie questions? What is 'LDW' stand for?

And yes, of course! Anyone who would like to can go ahead and use that code. I don't THINK its tied to me....rather it is tied to the discount period. Because when I called in the CS asked me the contract ID but at that point he still had no idea who I was (because he asked and I could just tell).

I think its just a Honeywell contract thing.

That code is supposed to net you the free refuel thing (which to me was the best part) and there's a whole page of rates, and most notably the rates for full sized are the same as compact...and once renting at least an intermediate you get the rights to the Emerald Aisle. It is also supposed to only charge you 5 days for a 7 day rental and 20 days on a monthly rental (after your 48th day of renting). So, basically the compact rate for 5 days (plus taxes, etc) should get you an EA vehicle for 7 days and you can return it with an empty tank.

I've never used National before and actually now I don't need it, so its a moot point lol.

I hope my contract ID helps some people! I am an avid SD'er so I know the importance of sharing discounts and the importance of not ever calling!

Thanks all
Old Jun 6, 12, 4:49 pm   #952
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CO Platinum 1K, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, National Executive Elite, Platinum TSA Hater
Quote:
Oh, I didn't call at all regarding the codes from here. When I log into my DH's Honeywell discount website and then when I click the link to travel discounts, it pops up a contract ID and a number to call for making reservations. I never in any way mentioned any other codes from anywhere...but oddly the CS asked me if I had any codes I'd like to add. Thats when I ran here to check. And then I got lost on the front page of long numbers of codes.

Can I ask a couple of newbie questions? What is 'LDW' stand for?

And yes, of course! Anyone who would like to can go ahead and use that code. I don't THINK its tied to me....rather it is tied to the discount period. Because when I called in the CS asked me the contract ID but at that point he still had no idea who I was (because he asked and I could just tell).

I think its just a Honeywell contract thing.

That code is supposed to net you the free refuel thing (which to me was the best part) and there's a whole page of rates, and most notably the rates for full sized are the same as compact...and once renting at least an intermediate you get the rights to the Emerald Aisle. It is also supposed to only charge you 5 days for a 7 day rental and 20 days on a monthly rental (after your 48th day of renting). So, basically the compact rate for 5 days (plus taxes, etc) should get you an EA vehicle for 7 days and you can return it with an empty tank.

I've never used National before and actually now I don't need it, so its a moot point lol.

I hope my contract ID helps some people! I am an avid SD'er so I know the importance of sharing discounts and the importance of not ever calling!

Thanks all
LDW is the Loss Damage Waiver - a form of over-priced insurance that covers you in case of damage to the car...many of our codes include it, but whether or not LDW would actually apply in case of an accident is sketchy if someone uses a code from an org they are not associated with.

I did a test with the code, but did not see the refuel option included - so that might not be part of the contact at return.

I didn't realize you were associated with Honeywell
Old Jun 6, 12, 9:11 pm   #953

You are right, it does not say the refuel option on there (I just did a test reservation too but over the phone earlier he assured me about the refuel program because I was calling to basically confirm that part). Odd. Here is the info from the page of explanations about the Honeywell discounts:

UNITED STATES
National Car Rental and Enterprise Rent‐A‐Car are Honeywell’s preferred car rental suppliers...Employees must use National
or Enterprise when renting a car on company business...National should be used for on‐airport car rental needs, and
Enterprise should be used for off‐airport car rental needs....
If traveling alone on business a midsize/intermediate car must be reserved in order to be reimbursed. You must reserve your
vehicle through Travel Planner, our online booking tool or Honeywell’s authorized travel agencies.....
Emerald Club members can use their Emerald Club membership to make reservations for National and Enterprise locations
and payment will be placed on the credit card noted in their Emerald Club profile as primary....

* A Honeywell employee can rent a National Car for leisure at the corporate rate. However, there is no insurance coverage for leisure rentals. Please check to see if your own auto insurance covers rental cars. Otherwise you can purchase the insurance you need from National Car Rental at time of rental.

(Add in here multiple other items they explain to you on this page)

Refuel Program
No need to refuel the rental vehicle prior to
returning the vehicle to the rental location...
There is a negotiated refuel rate for Honeywell
employees..

(then towards the bottom is this blurb):

Employees will receive the Honeywell
negotiated rate when renting a vehicle for
personal use.......................
Personal Use rentals Do Not include any
optional protection products...Check with the
renting location for the products available to
purchase.....................
When booking personal rentals, use corporate
discount # XZ24HC3.

Also, here is the number to call for reservations:

Phone: Call 800-CAR-RENT® and request Contract ID 1129204.

BTW I did not put all those ....... in there, but I'm not going to go back up and delete them all lol! I just cut/paste and they ended up in there.
Old Jun 7, 12, 11:48 am   #954

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Delta Kryptonium Medallion, National Executive
Quote:
You are right, it does not say the refuel option on there (I just did a test reservation too but over the phone earlier he assured me about the refuel program because I was calling to basically confirm that part). Odd. Here is the info from the page of explanations about the Honeywell discounts:

UNITED STATES
National Car Rental and Enterprise Rent‐A‐Car are Honeywell’s preferred car rental suppliers...Employees must use National
or Enterprise when renting a car on company business...National should be used for on‐airport car rental needs, and
Enterprise should be used for off‐airport car rental needs....
If traveling alone on business a midsize/intermediate car must be reserved in order to be reimbursed. You must reserve your
vehicle through Travel Planner, our online booking tool or Honeywell’s authorized travel agencies.....
Emerald Club members can use their Emerald Club membership to make reservations for National and Enterprise locations
and payment will be placed on the credit card noted in their Emerald Club profile as primary....

* A Honeywell employee can rent a National Car for leisure at the corporate rate. However, there is no insurance coverage for leisure rentals. Please check to see if your own auto insurance covers rental cars. Otherwise you can purchase the insurance you need from National Car Rental at time of rental.

(Add in here multiple other items they explain to you on this page)

Refuel Program
No need to refuel the rental vehicle prior to
returning the vehicle to the rental location...
There is a negotiated refuel rate for Honeywell
employees..

(then towards the bottom is this blurb):

Employees will receive the Honeywell
negotiated rate when renting a vehicle for
personal use.......................
Personal Use rentals Do Not include any
optional protection products...Check with the
renting location for the products available to
purchase.....................
When booking personal rentals, use corporate
discount # XZ24HC3.

Also, here is the number to call for reservations:

Phone: Call 800-CAR-RENT® and request Contract ID 1129204.

BTW I did not put all those ....... in there, but I'm not going to go back up and delete them all lol! I just cut/paste and they ended up in there.
Interesting. I did a test booking using both the XZ24HC3 and 1129204 Contract IDs. Both were identical in rates as well as both included LDW. This may be a case of the benefits folks who wrote the copy for Honeywell don't have a firm grasp on what each code actually offers.
plagwate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7, 12, 11:57 am   #955

Programs: National EE, Avis Chairman's Club, Hertz PC, HH Gold, Carlson Gold
Hmm, actually the Honeywell contract ID gives me expensive rates, so YMMV.
drzoidberg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7, 12, 12:05 pm   #956

Programs: National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis CC, Continental Onepass
Quote:
Originally Posted by drzoidberg View Post
Hmm, actually the Honeywell contract ID gives me expensive rates, so YMMV.
It makes my monthly rentals much cheaper, but I can't touch it with the LDW included.
sanctified50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8, 12, 5:13 pm   #957

Not a question at all with car and driver code.

They gave me the choice between a santa fe and sequoia...took the sequoia...a beast!
PKCorey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 12, 8:37 pm   #958

Programs: AA EXP, LFT PLT, Admiral Club National Car E Hilton GLD Hyatt PLT Club Carlson GE Marriott SLV
National generic rental code 5007125

Has anyone noticed that now the generic National code 5007125 now includes 4 additional drivers? I was making a reservation for an upcoming trip and lo and behold I saw it. Had to check twice thinking that I may have entered another code in error, but no, it was the generic code.

(2) Time & Distance ($20.99/Day) $41.98
Discount ($4.20)
Contract ID Emerald Club Members
Inclusive Rate Items
Guaranteed Base Rate Included
(4) Additional Driver Included
Unlimited Miles Included
Old Jun 13, 12, 2:51 pm   #959

Flyblue/klm code

Has anyone used the National flyblue/klm code in JFK?

please tell me your experience renting with this code at JFK.
buckethead6251 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 12, 1:36 pm   #960

Programs: AC*P, A4*S, AS
Quote:
Originally Posted by arollins View Post
Has anyone noticed that now the generic National code 5007125 now includes 4 additional drivers? I was making a reservation for an upcoming trip and lo and behold I saw it. Had to check twice thinking that I may have entered another code in error, but no, it was the generic code.

(4) Additional Driver Included
Just noticed the same thing! That'll save me a fair bit compared to the Car & Driver rates for a few upcoming rentals.

Nice!
jonnyow is offline   Reply With Quote