Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs/Partners > National | Emerald Club
Sign in using an external account

Old Mar 5, 12, 5:58 am   #871

Hey, the Contract ID for the Entertainment book 2012 is 5030190 (electronic ver.)
Lenin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7, 12, 10:48 pm   #872

Programs: DL FO, HHonors Gold, MR Gold, ICH Plat, National EC
Using the KLM/Flying Blue code also saved me over $100 off my lowest rate with the AmEx Family Pass code at MCO. Since I <ahem> recently joined the Flying Blue FF program, this should be a non-issue since the code is provided plain as day for all to see on their partner benefits.

I guess what throws me off is the fact they include so much with that contract code. All other codes were running $600-$700 for the same time period and non of them included what KLM provides. CRAZY!
NVGuy36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12, 12, 2:42 pm   #873

Same here. The KLM code has been great for rentals in Palm Beach and San Francisco.
BTW, I am their FF member.
lavedder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 12, 7:31 pm   #874

This is really odd. I need a 16 day one way from DFW to MCO. Using the KLM code, I am charged a $250 drop fee if I pick up at DFW, however if I pick up at Plano Tx, only about 30 miles away, no drop fee is charged. So far the only reasonable price I've found picking up at DFW is the Ohio State code at about $760 round trip. Any other suggestions?
ryanthekiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 12, 8:26 pm   #875

Will you actually be somewhere between Dallas and Orlando for the entire 16 days? If possible I would try to make a round trip rental in either Dallas or Orlando if you will be spending extended time in either city, and then make a one way for the minimum amount of time you will actually be between cities.

Basically I would do anything possible to make multiple reservations to avoid a 16 day one way.

Hopefully that makes sense!
Coastercameron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 12, 9:03 pm   #876

Be careful. During the FL driveout, online quotes for one-ways into FL seem to be all greeted with sold out messages. If a code unlocks inventory, there's probably something extra, such a separate, taxable, drop charge, added to control demand.

The catch is that south FL, such as Miami, starts the driveout first, at the end of March. Central FL, such as Orlando, starts in April. So there is a period of time in between where you can do a one-way into Orlando. National's Plano neighborhood store appears to give decent rates for this with just the standard Emerald Club code.
Auto Enthusiast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 12, 12:50 pm   #877
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVGuy36 View Post
Using the KLM/Flying Blue code also saved me over $100 off my lowest rate with the AmEx Family Pass code at MCO. Since I <ahem> recently joined the Flying Blue FF program, this should be a non-issue since the code is provided plain as day for all to see on their partner benefits.

I guess what throws me off is the fact they include so much with that contract code. All other codes were running $600-$700 for the same time period and non of them included what KLM provides. CRAZY!
Please verify that you have entered the correct information.

Coupon Not Valid.

is the mco a contract id or coupon code?
i used it with klm code and it doesn't work
jonny1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 12, 5:30 pm   #878

Programs: Delta PLAT, Marriot Plat, IHG Plat, SPG Gold, A couple of other airlines - pee on
Quote:
Originally Posted by lavedder View Post
Same here. The KLM code has been great for rentals in Palm Beach and San Francisco.
BTW, I am their FF member.

Code works really well in BOS as well especially for a Wednesday. However, I tried to cancel the reservation and got this message:

Please verify that you have entered the correct information.

This reservation can not be modified via nationalcar.com.

hmmm.
kaaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 12, 4:04 pm   #879

Programs: AA Exec Plat, US Plat, Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Anyone know a way to determine what your contract ID for an existing reservation is?
AJollyLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 12, 7:18 am   #880

Charges using KLM code

Guys,

I am an executive elite at National. The cars really suck at the place(TPA) that I rent. I was trying to mix and match different car rentals at this place. I tried the KLM and I knew LDW was included in it. But, after my invoice got printed, I ddi notice SLI charges as well. Is it normal? Then there was these all other additional fees. I am thinking using other codes that do not include LDW is much cheaper.
pchandeagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 12, 2:46 pm   #881
Ambassador: National Car

Programs: Delta GM, National Executive Elite, Hertz 5* PC, Hilton Gold, Carlson Gold, Accor Plat
Quote:
Originally Posted by pchandeagles View Post
Guys,

I am an executive elite at National. The cars really suck at the place(TPA) that I rent. I was trying to mix and match different car rentals at this place. I tried the KLM and I knew LDW was included in it. But, after my invoice got printed, I ddi notice SLI charges as well. Is it normal? Then there was these all other additional fees. I am thinking using other codes that do not include LDW is much cheaper.
I have noticed the same. If you are the type of person who usually adds Ldw or other products anyways than the KLM code isn't a bad deal. If you normally leave everything off you can almost surely do better. Personally I never add LDW or other add ons so I stick with the cheaper codes (of course, only stick to the ones you are entitled to use!)
dwbf11 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 12, 4:33 pm   #882

Quote:
Originally Posted by pchandeagles View Post
Guys,

There is something wrong with National's system when printing invoices on rentals that use this code. Upon return, it will show that you paid the price shown on the confirmation and that you owe additional money (I think for things like the LDW). But you really don't owe the additional money and I have never been charged for that amount.

As for whether it's the best code for a particular rental, that's going to vary. In a few cases, I've found that the KLM rate is only $2-3 higher than the best I can do with other rates that don't include LDW. I normally decline LDW, but not over $2-3 dollars.
zachary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 12, 11:55 pm   #883

Unlimited vs no charge?

Hi- I was looking through these codes and I have a question if anyone could help. What is the difference between unlimited milieage and no charge distance? I plugged in two different codes and was comparing them and became curious. Thanks for any help!
suzuko98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 12, 10:07 pm   #884

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachary View Post
There is something wrong with National's system when printing invoices on rentals that use this code. Upon return, it will show that you paid the price shown on the confirmation and that you owe additional money (I think for things like the LDW). But you really don't owe the additional money and I have never been charged for that amount.

As for whether it's the best code for a particular rental, that's going to vary. In a few cases, I've found that the KLM rate is only $2-3 higher than the best I can do with other rates that don't include LDW. I normally decline LDW, but not over $2-3 dollars.

We just rented a National car in Miami using the KLM code. Upon returning the car, our return invoice was $34 more than the reservations price. We were in a hurry so I didn't quibble at the counter. I called customer service yesterday, got an agent who told me that I was 1 hour and 3 minutes late returning the car, thereby incurring an extra day charge. Not satisfied, I called again to speak to another agent and he said it was a holding charge and will be refunded in 5-7 days. Even gave me a reference number if I don't get the refund within a week or so.

Car rentals used to give one hour's grace period, not any more.
lavedder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 12, 10:16 pm   #885

Quote:
Originally Posted by lavedder View Post
We just rented a National car in Miami using the KLM code. Upon returning the car, our return invoice was $34 more than the reservations price. We were in a hurry so I didn't quibble at the counter. I called customer service yesterday, got an agent who told me that I was 1 hour and 3 minutes late returning the car, thereby incurring an extra day charge. Not satisfied, I called again to speak to another agent and he said it was a holding charge and will be refunded in 5-7 days. Even gave me a reference number if I don't get the refund within a week or so.

Car rentals used to give one hour's grace period, not any more.
But you were 3 minutes over the 1 hour grace period according to your information.
Ritz is offline   Reply With Quote