Cars at SAN

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2012, 10:47 am

Programs: SPG Gold, Emerald Club Executive, Hertz 5 Star
Thanks for all the help!!!
Old Jan 31, 2012, 3:30 pm

Originally Posted by BearSmart
Thanks for all the help!!!
I just saw that you had Executive status, in which case you just book a mid-sized and then pick from the Executive Selection--you'll be guaranteed a full-size or better (my other advice doesn't apply to your case at all--I just have to learn to read properly...).
Old Feb 2, 2012, 3:31 pm

This is great. I'll try it out tonight.
Thanks again.
Old Feb 15, 2012, 5:35 pm

Programs: Skymiles, AAdvantage, MileagePlus, Emerald Executive, Priority Club
I've seen 7 seater Dodge Durango Crews on the EA at other airports... anyone seen any 7 seater SUV's on the *EA* at SAN?

Thanks
Old Feb 23, 2012, 2:58 pm

Programs: Marriott LTG, HHonors Diamond, Nat'l Exec
Picked up evening of 2/19; ES had several Impalas, a single Camry, a bunch of Altimas (including a coupe), a Grand Marquis or two, a higher-trim Malibu, and a single Grand Cherokee.
Old Mar 1, 2012, 9:40 am

Thanks dtremit for the update!

Please continue update this thread if possible. Looking forward for our trip this August.

kaaria - thanks for the PM!
Old Mar 1, 2012, 2:00 pm

Programs: Skymiles, AAdvantage, MileagePlus, Emerald Executive, Priority Club
Picked up on 2/21. ES had the following worth mentioning:

Ford Explorer Limited
Kia Sportage Limited
Nissan Altima
Chevy Suburban
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Old Mar 1, 2012, 2:56 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta PLAT, Marriot Plat, IHG Plat, SPG Gold, A couple of other airlines - pee on
Picked up 2/28 am, saw a Volvo in executive aisle. I had to settle for a mini van (Towne and Country) with a DVD player because I had at lot of kids on my trip.
Old Mar 11, 2012, 2:34 pm

Programs: I fly for free.
Came in on 3/7 midday, Slim Pickins in ES...1 Charger, a Few KIA SUVs, a lot of Impalas and Traverse. Had a luxury booking so picked-up a Infiniti G37 with 2k on the odo though. Luxury up front had a few Camaros, 2x Infiniti, Mustang, Lincoln MKT and a few others.
Old Mar 12, 2012, 5:42 pm

Programs: Emerald Executive
thanks..

I very much appreciate the updates. Heading to San Diego in early April, I will be sure to update with what I see.
Old Mar 19, 2012, 6:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
ES today, incomplete recall:

Impalas x many
Camrys x 2
Altimas x 2
Passat
Chargers x 2
Challenger
Kia minivan
forgettable midsize crossover stuff - sorry
Old Apr 1, 2012, 11:43 am

Programs: HH Silver,#1 Gold, UAL MP,SkyMiles, ASA MP, AGR, Nat EE
Everyone,

Its been a while since ive reported in my findings at my home National Lot. However, this post wont actually speak what cars were on the lot when i picked my rental up yesterday. Rather, it will speak to something coming soon to the EA/ES section of the lot. Within the next 4-5 months, new canopies will be built to house the EA and ES sections of the lot. Construction has already begun and thus, the aisles have changed a bit. For the moment theyre using the stalls where the midsize, standards, and some small SUV's were parked. This means that more nice cars are available for your EA/ES selection. I'll keep tabs on the construction progress and report anything new if it warrants that.

'2NW
Old May 10, 2012, 4:31 pm

Just rented from National and was impressed with the selection. I am an Executive member and in the aisle there was a camaro, 2 Ford Expeditions, Suburban, multiple Chevy Traverse, a couple Toyota Siennas, Ford Flex, and then a handful of other cars.
Old May 10, 2012, 7:28 pm

Location: LAX-- But I'd rather be on Brokeback Mountain. United 1K! Other
Programs: RCC,HHonors Diamond,HGVC Elite,SPG Plat,Hyatt Diamond,Nat'l Emerald Exec Elite, Disney Premier Pass
I forgot to post my experience a couple weekes ago, but I too was impressed with the selection at SAN. I picked up on Tues, April 24. The Executive aisle had the standard SUVs and minivans and full size cars (Chrysler 300s), but what most impressed me was the convertibles available. Two different kinds, Chrysler 200s and a Mitsubishi Eclipse. The Chryslers were almost new. Also, they had Toyota Prius's available not only on the ES but the regular EA! I took a Prius, brand new 2012 (60 mi on the odo). I was happy with the Prius, I ended up driving it over 300 miles and put all of four gallons of gas in it when I returned it. ^

On a side note, I stayed at the Sheraton SAN and really enjoyed it. The location is great, right across the street from the driveway to the National lot. A 5 min walk, no shuttles needed!
Old May 10, 2012, 7:33 pm

Location: LAX-- But I'd rather be on Brokeback Mountain. United 1K! Other
Programs: RCC,HHonors Diamond,HGVC Elite,SPG Plat,Hyatt Diamond,Nat'l Emerald Exec Elite, Disney Premier Pass
Originally Posted by Rjf32jdog
Just rented from National and was impressed with the selection. I am an Executive member and in the aisle there was a camaro, 2 Ford Expeditions, Suburban, multiple Chevy Traverse, a couple Toyota Siennas, Ford Flex, and then a handful of other cars.
Welcome to FT!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.